Gala

"I don't like this." You said again as the quinjet circled to a remote corner of where the gala was held. S.H.I.E.L.D. Has been scanning every possible camera around the world for a sign of Loki.

"It will turn out fine my dear." Loki said walking out of the jet followed by you, Clint and two guards.

"I know it will but what am I to do when you're gone?" You teased and he gave a slight smirk. "Rule, just this once." He said in almost a reminding and warning tone. You bit your lip and quickly pushed the thought away.

You got to the corner and Loki pulled you aside. "Promise me you will stay clear?" He asked and you frowned. "I need them to take me therefor I'm probably going to get hit," he said and you nodded.

"But if and when I do, if you come anywhere near the fight when I get back you won't walk for a week, understood?" You shuffled some looking down.

"Fine." You whined and he lifted your chin. "I'll see you soon my sweet." He smiled and pecked your lips. "Be ready on the mark." He said to Clint walking off.

"You look dashing." You called after him. "You look as gorgeous as always my dear." He said over his shoulder and you smiled before running off.   You grabbed the device as you reached the door and put it in position.

"When's the mark?" Clint asked again. Suddenly you heard a bunch of screams. "Now." You said clicking the button as the mans eye holographically appeared granting access to the door.

You heard Loki's voice bellow out 'kneel' and you turned. "(Y/N) he said-" "I know what he said and until he gets back he also said I'm in charge now shut your damn mouth and do your job." You cut Clint off as they went inside.

You ran over scaling a part of the building hiding in the shadow of the roof top watching. "Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation." Your stomach tied in knots and you grabbed a dagger.

"The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." You Slightly Smiled purely from his voice, but it quickly faded when an old man stood up.

"Not to men like you." He spoke.
"There are no men like me." Loki chuckled. "There are always men like you." He spoke.

Your eyes flickered.

Loki falling on the ground with a grunt.

Your eyes flickered again and you fought so hard not to yell to him. "Lo' watch out please hear me somehow," you whispered desperately.

"Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." Loki said pointing his scepter. Then you saw it, Captain America.

"Lo'!" You yelled but the sound was lost as he shot at the man, Cap jumping up with his shield, blocking it and Loki falling with the same grunt.

"Damn," you whispered again.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Cap said cooly and you rolled your eyes.

"The soldier. Man out of time." Loki said standing. "I'm not the one who's out of time." Cap replied as the quinjet circled, Natasha's voice ringing out, sending a wave of heat across your face.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha said. Loki clearly didn't, but sent another shot of light at the jet Natasha sadly dodging it.

"Lady (Y/N)," a guard called behind you. "We've got the iridium we have to go!" He said as they all rushed the quinjet.

You saw iron man flying in and raise a hand. "Come on now you can't go that easy Lo'," you said and without hesitation threw your dagger through the air, hitting Tony right in the hand he was going to shoot Loki with and it pierced the suit and heard his cry.

Your gut wrenched slightly as you saw everyone look in your direction. Loki looking straight into your eyes despite your potion in the shadows with a slightly thankful look that quickly turned stern.

"Director (Y/N) is on foot!" The guard ran to the jet. "Go!" You yelled as Clint began to leave. Cap took a leap in your direction, you stood half in the light half in shadow, but sighed when Loki caught him by his foot slamming him back down as he began to fight the two again.

"Give 'em hell darling." You Smiled and jumped from the building to the roof of another towards the quinjet jet as it was taking off. "Director (Y/N) stand down!" Natasha's voice rang from the jet circling to see yours.

You jumped from the tallest building, seeing the hatch closing and knew it was your only shot, as you jumped your turned aiming, and they your dagger right into their cock-pit.

You watched as the jet jerked away loosing control for a moment and wondered what you had hit, but before you could think you looked down as you gracefully slipped into the small opening of the hatch with a gold medal landing.

"Well done, you're not walking for a week." Clint said and you joined him as the co-pilot.

"I don't exactly dread it, he's going to be gone for a while," You said flipping some switches. "When he gets back he would have forgot of this." You said and Clint nodded.

Hopefully.