10.00

I watched as my breath danced and swirled as white smoke into the crisp evening air.

The trees rustled soothingly behind me as I stood against an ancient creaky tree beside the still black lake.

I drew in another shaky puff of my cigarette and tried to calm my shaky hand. I closed my eyes, exhaling and feeling the tension fading from my body.

Today had been hell to say the least. Class's weren't even the problem, they never had been. The class is never the source of the problem, it's always the people.

But today it hadn't been my classmates, or even the teachers. Or any student at all for that matter.

My problem arrived at lunch time in a crisp white envelope. I drew in another puff as I remembered the sickening letter.

The letter itself wasn't sickening. But the sender was. My father. I had written to him before summer started, demanding that he doesn't try and contact me. I told mother I would mail him, it was the least I could do in the hopes of keeping her happy.

She missed my father. A small part of me did too, but it was crushed by the weight of the pain he had inflicted upon us. His own family.

I sank down to the grass which was damp with dew. I threw my lit cigarette onto the ground between my feet, and watched as the amber tip faded to ash.

I heard footsteps behind me, quiet and cautious. I felt a warmth beside me as a body sunk down into the space beside me.

One glance at the tattered black shoes, told me it was Pansy. She loved those shoes. I remember the moment she bought them, we were in muggle London this summer.

She saw them sitting in a shop window and her eyes practically lit up. I bought them for her, to which she objected, but it was the least I could do, I wasn't always so good with words, she knew it was my small way of saying thank you for everything she had done for me.

"I thought you stopped smoking Draco."

"It was only one Pan, don't worry."

"I do worry Draco. I worry about you. You haven't been yourself today. What did the letter say?"

I sighed and looked out over the lake, watching as small ripples danced through the water.

"He wants me to visit him. They're shutting Askaban down, and moving all the prisoners to a new prison in the Scottish highlands. It's more humane. They're letting family visit once a week. He said he wants me to visit him alone first, without mother."

"Are you going to go?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked over at her, she met my eyes and pulled me into a hug.
Word were useless sometimes. They couldn't explain how torn I was in making this decision.

A/N
So there's a longer chapter xx

What do you think of the story? I'd love to hear some feedback xx