54.00

Professor McGonogall stopped at the corner leading onto the second floor corridor, and turned to face us.

"Now.. I must warn you that this is not the most pleasant scene, but if you will please follow me." She said, an unreadable tone in her voice.

She turned around and we followed her into the corridor.

My heart dropped when I saw it.

Burnt into the ground, and still slightly smoking, was the sentence,

WE WILL BE BACK FOR DRACO
AND WE WON'T LEAVE WITHOUT HIM

Harry grabbed my shaking hand I looked away from the floor back to Professor McGonogall, who was whispering hurriedly to Professor Flitwick.

"Who was it?" I asked, my voice steady, which surprised me.

"We don't know. But we won't cross out the fact that it may just be someone playing an extremely sick prank." She said, her lips pursed.

"And no one saw anything?" Harry asked, glaring at the words etched into the ground.

"No." Flitwick said, his voice squeakier given his panic.

"Well that's convenient." I muttered under my breath, and heard neville chuckle lightly from my left side.

"We've spoken to the ministry and they will be sending someone out soon, and we have alerted your mother." She said.

I nodded and looked at Harry who wore a look of concentration.

"You should head down the Great Hall, we will send for you when an auror arrives." She said.

"Yeah." I agreed and Harry nodded.

We left the corridor and headed towards the stairs.

"I can't believe this!" Neville exclaimed.

"I know. Why would someone do this?" Harry agreed, his voice angry.

"I can believe it." I said, more to myself than to the others.

"Why would you say that?" Asked Neville.

"Well I've made myself quite a few enemies haven't I? I'm not the best bloke it was only a matter of time until something like this happened." I said.

My father had warned me about this. The truth is, he cares for me, and I know that. He tried to protect me but he couldn't. And eventually I'll have to stop holding that against him, and I know deep down my mother could have tried harder too.

They're both bad, she's tried to redeem herself, and so has he. But it's hard to forgive him.

He knew that he was making enemies by joining Voldemort. And he knew that he would pass those enemies onto me. So here I am.

I have to face up to what's happening, and deal with the consequences of my actions. Just as he warned me I would have to.