97.00

Hermione's POV:

I can't stop thinking about Harry's face when I told him... told him that Draco was gone.

I've never seen anyone so broken before.

Rubbing my eyes I stood up from the chair I had been sitting in for the last couple of hours, in Harry's room as he slept in Draco's bed.

I made my way to the bathroom, sighing at my puffy eyes and frizzy hair. I felt a hard lump rising in my throat as I looked around at the miscellaneous items scattered across the countertop, trying not to think about which were Draco's.

After pulling my hair into a loose bun and splashed my face with some cool water in an attempt to soothe the redness.

I dread to think about what will happen now that he's gone. How will Harry cope? Pansy, Blaise, Narcissa. My stomach churned as they all raced through my mind.

Taking a deep breath and I made my way back into the bedroom, Harry was sleeping soundly, one of Draco's jumpers balled up in his arms.

The jumper Harry gave him not long before he passed. They say it was a bleed on the brain. Madam Pomfrey was so distressed she could barely speak to me, I know she blames herself. But the healer from St.Mungos said there was no way she could have known. I hope that will be some consolation to Harry. There was nothing that could have been done.

~~

"How is he doing?" Rob asked as he gave me a tight hug.

"Not too good. As to be expected. Ron. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help him." I whispered, trying to stop the tears from slipping down my face.

I pulled back from him, and tried to smile as he rubbed my shoulders softly.

"I know. But it's something he has to get through himself. We can't help him properly when we didn't know Draco like he did. He's seeing Narcissa tonight, hopefully that will give him some comfort."

I nodded, "You're right. I can't imagine what it's like for him though. To lose someone who meant that much to him... I can't even bare to think about what it would be like to lose you."

"Try not to worry yourself over it 'mione. There's nothing that can be done now, all we can do is try our best to help Harry get through this." Ron spoke softly, looking over my shoulder, at the rest of the group sitting in the common room.

Pansy sat silently curled up beside Luna, her gaze out of focus as she stared at a spot on the carpet. Her eyes red and swollen, her hands shaking slightly as she picked at her nails.

Blaise had his head on Ginny's shoulder, tears trickling slowly and silently down his face.

Harry was now sitting in an armchair beside the fire, his expression blank as he gazed into the flames. It was hard to tell what he was thinking, but we knew it was best to give him time.

I sat down on the arm his chair, he looked up at me, his eyes bloodshot and his skin blotchy, I stretched my hand out to him and he took it, giving it a small squeeze.

I took a deep breath as he rest his head on my lap, and I felt his body shudder slightly as a he tried to suppress a sob. I ran my fingers through his tousled hair, trying to sooth him as sobs wracked his body. I felt my jeans dampen as tears streamed steadily down his face.

I tried to steady my own breathing as tears slipped down my face, as I looked down at the broken shell of my best friend.