47.00

The rain fell soothingly onto the ground around me. A repetitive pattern playing over and over.

I pushed my textbook and parchment back into my bag, and leant against the cool wall of the castle.

I had cast a charm around me which acted like an umbrella, it was surreal watching the small water droplets bounce off an invisible force around me.

"Draco?" I heard a voice call from nearby, and I turned to see Blaise standing with an umbrella over his head, a hesitant look on his face.

"Hey Blaise."

He walked closer and lowered himself onto the ground beside me, putting down his umbrella and setting it by his feet.

"Hey. Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said, willing myself to keep my voice level.

"Are you sure? You've not been yourself lately."

I let out a dry laugh and shook my head.

"I've never been myself though have I? I mean, I've been pretending to be a prat for most of my life, now I'm pretending to be fucking carefree and happy. Well I'm not. That's not me. I'm fucked up, and everyone fucking hates me." My hands were shaking and I clasped them together in an attempt to stop it.

"Where's this all coming from? No one hates you. I thought you were happy, why didn't you say anything." Blaise looked shocked at my sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry. I was happy, but I overheard Ron and Dean talking about how they don't trust me or even like me. I thought I was getting somewhere with them, but I feel like it's constantly one step forward and two steps backwards." I wiped away a single tear that slipped down my face.

"Shit Draco, I'm sorry. But I trust you, Pansy and Luna do too. And Harry does. Just because they don't, it doesn't mean no one else does. We all love you. Don't forget that. I know you've been to hell and back, and they don't understand that."

My heart lifted a bit, as I know deep down that what he's saying is true.

"Thanks Blaise, I won't forget it."

He smiled and hugged me, and I relaxed for what felt like the first time in years.

~~

Harry was sitting with his nose buried in a pile of books and parchment, a quill between his teeth and his brows furrowed.

I walked over and sat in the chair beside him, he looked up from his books and took the quill out of his mouth.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. You alright?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I just wanted to talk to you. About Halloween break."

"What about it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I was wondering... if you... if you want to like come and stay with me for a while?"

His face broke into a grin, "I was waiting for you to ask. Your mother already asked me to stay, I didn't want to say anything until you asked me."

"She.. she did? Wow... Well is that a yes then?" I couldn't stop the grin that made its way onto my face.

"Of course it is." He kissed me and picked up his quill again, "But I have to get back to this, we'll talk more about this later. Can you help me?"

"Yeah sure, just let me get my books yeah?"

He nodded and I stood up, heading down the corridor towards our dormitory.

Well...This Halloween will certainly be interesting.

A/N sorry it's such a bad chapter ahah.

XoxxoX Darkdreamclouds