57.00

Harry's point of view

I pushed open the door to Professor McGonogall's study, and didn't hesitate before storming inside.

She was standing in front of her desk, clearly in the middle of an intense conversation with Professors Slughorn, Sprout and Flitwick.

She turned quickly to face me when I entered the room, and her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Harry! What are you doing?" She asked, with her eyebrows raised.

"I need you to tell me who it was Professor." I said.

"Harry... Harry sit down. Please." She said, her lips pursed.

"I'd rather not Professor, I just want to know then I'll be gone." I said.

"Sit down Harry." She said firmly.

And I didn't hesitate before sitting down in the chair closed to me, god she still scares me.

"We don't know who it was." She said honestly.

"You- you really don't?" I said, my heart dropping. I had hoped that they were just saying that to put Draco's mind at ease.

"No. We don't." She repeated herself.

"Well...Well what do you know?" I asked.

"Not much my boy." Said Slughorn.

"What did the ministry official say?" I asked.

"That there were no traces left behind. We have no way of figuring out who it was!" Professor Flitwick said.

"Well that's just great then isn't it." I said angrily.

"Harry we know you're close to Draco, but please do not raise your tone of voice with us!" Professor McGonogall said.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Harry, I suggest you return to your dormitory." She spoke, and I knew that it wasn't an option it was a command.

I nodded and left the room, pulling the door shut behind me.

I rest my back against the closed door and let out a sigh.

What do I do now? I can't protect him. I can't help him! He doesn't even want my help. He welcomes whoever it is, and I don't understand why.

I know he's pissed at Ron and Dean, and at me.

But we always fight and bicker. We have done since we first met, but he shouldn't just close me off like this.

It's taken so long to get him to open up and feel comfortable around us, and it was all thrown away the second that he heard Ron talking about him.

I know that he's close with Blaise and Pansy, and that they've been there for him through everything, when I was too busy trying to point out all his flaws, instead of trying to figure out why he was doing what he did.

He had no choice. It was either help Voldemort or risk his whole family being murdered.

It was the only option.

I know he was horrendous to us for the years before, but so were we. And it seems like childplay now, in comparison to the war.

It was easy to get over what he had done. And Hermione was able to put it behind her too, she understood Draco's struggle to protect his family.

Ron and Dean don't. And I've tried countless times to change that but they never listen, and I'm tired of trying.

I straightened myself up and made my way back to the common room, trying to shake off the feeling of disappointment at my friends.

"Harry! Harry wait!" I stopped in my tracks and saw Dean running towards me.

"What is it?" I asked, trying to keep my tone neutral.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

I let out a sigh, sitting down on the floor of the empty corridor, leaning against the wall.

He sat down beside me, and we sat he silence for a moment before I spoke.

"He heard you, you know." I said.

"What?"

"In herbology, when you were talking to Ron about him."

"Shit. Shit Harry I didn't know I'm sorry." He said, his voice was quick and panicked.

"It's not me you need to apologise to Dean, you really hurt him. He tried so hard to make things right with everyone, and he was finally happy, and you completely crushed him." I said, not looking at him.

"I know he did Harry. I'm sorry. I wanted to talk to him. To sort things out." He said.

"It's too late for that."I said and I stood up and walked away,  not looking back at him.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow.