98.00

Harry's POV:

I didn't know whether I wanted to scream, cry or laugh. My emotions were haywire, yet completely numb simultaneously.

Broken, is the only thing I can feel. My heart feels as though it has been ripped straight from my chest and shredded into a thousand pieces.

It's been 12 hours since I found out, 12 hours of feeling completely lost. Completely alone.

It was hard enough to face my friends, but now comes the hardest part, Narcissa.

My pain is minute compared to hers, my sense of heartache losing a partner, nothing compared to her losing a son.

I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't hear the footsteps approaching from behind me in McGonogalls office.

"Harry dear?" A soft voice spoke, causing me to jump.

I looked over my shoulder to see Narcissa, her own puffy, splotchy complexion mirroring my own.

I felt tears well in my eyes as I stood up, I tried to swallow the lump rising in my throat as I met her eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." I started, but my voice cracked, and tears began to slip down my face.

She swept me into a tight hug, "Harry, there's nothing to be sorry for. He's at peace now, he was too good for this world. I know how much it's hurting you dear."

"I should have noticed something was wrong, I could have helped him. If I had noticed then I could have saved him." I blurted out, struggling to breathe as sobs overtook me.

"Harry please don't blame yourself. Draco wouldn't want you to do that." She said softly, rubbing my back.

"I know. I just- I just... I don't know how I'm going to cope without him here." I stumbled over my words, struggling to get my thoughts into order.

She pulled back from me and placed her hands on my shoulders, tears glistening in her eyes.

"I don't know how I will either. But just remember, you're allowed to miss him. It's a fresh wound, and it's going to take a long, long time to heal." She said.

"How can you be so calm?" I choked, tears still streaming down my face.

"Because I know that Draco would want me to be. I honestly don't know how we're going to get past this, but we will." She replied, her glossy grey hair was shining from the light of the fire.

I took a deep breath and mustered a small smile, which she returned.

"Let yourself grieve. I'm here for you Harry, if you need to talk you can come straight to me."

I nodded, and thanked her.

There was a gentle knock on the door, and the door opened. Pansy poked her head past the door.

"Hey guys..." She said cautiously.

"Come in dear." Narcissa said, and moved towards her.

They embraced each-other in a tight hug, and Pansy sniffled quietly.

"I'm going to head on, I'll see you soon Narcissa." I said, and slipped past them, pausing at the door and looking back at them.

"Goodbye Harry, and remember what I told you." She called to me.

"I will."