Chapter 2: Why dont I have one?

"she's back" Chaeyoung tilts her head.

"who's back?"

"Jisoo, she's back." i said frustratingly.

Rose choked on her coffee, and I pat her back.

"Have you seen each other yet?" I shook my head.

"tomorrow, I'm hiring her as my New Secretary."

"She applied? Woah, her face is thick as hell."

"I think she doesn't even know I'm the CEO, and I've read that they're having financial problems"

"So what Now? you pity her huh? are you still inlove with her?" that question got me speechless.

am I still inlove with her?

"Oh, so you are still inlove with her. That's why you're hiring her, you want her back in your life don't you?" I glared at her.

"You're talking nonsense! I'm hiring her not because I want to be with her again I'm hiring because I believe in her potential okay? I'm trying to be professional here Chaeng" I defended.

Besides, she's married right? I don't wanna bother her.

I sighed.

"Defensive much, still inlove eh? you know it's okay if you haven't move on, I'm here to support your enlasting love"

"I said I'm not inlove, and she's married and I'm already contented with Jieun, enough is enough. I'm happy with my daughter, I don't need a partner".

"sometimes you do need someone do be there for you, Unnie You can't lie to me, I mean 14 years! Why didn't you look for someone or even tried dating? it's because you can't move on right?"

I sighed.

"she was my greatest love" I blurted out. that is true, I was with her since we were Just highschool students.

since we were just 14? around Jieun's age. we became official then we got married when I turned 19 and got pregnant with her when I was 21.

then she left..

I can see Rose was tearing up, aish. Jinjja? I'm the love victim here, hello?

"I knew it. Unnie, what if you still have a chance? will you make a move?"

"Aish! What are you talking about! I told you she's married" I scoffed and sipped on my Americano.

"Unnie, think of it. she left you when you were pregnant, do you think Jisoo will do that without Any reason? I'm pretty sure there's something
going on, and you said she married a man she 'loves' just after a few months she left you, do you think it's so random? to do that?"

she has a point. I've known Jisoo for years, and she does things always with a reason.

only if it's reasonable.

but when she left me, she told me 'I don't love you anymore'.

Aish, or maybe she really doesn't love me anymore?

I'm just being delusional am I?

"There must be something going on, you should probably ask her why she did that."

Does she think it's that easy?

"I don't want to talk about it anymore, okay? sometimes we should move on, and it's been 14 years." I let out a heavy sigh.

I just hope she didn't leave me, that day.

we could've been a happy family.

•••••