Chapter 13: Unexpected.

"J-jieun?" Jennie's head felt heavy she hardly opens her eyes.

"Jieun? i-is that you?" Jennie asks, seeing a blurry figure sitting beside her bed. once everything was vivid to her, she realizes it wasn't Jieun instead it was the person she hated the most.

"President.Kim, are you feeling any pain right now?"
Jisoo asks. Jennie wanted to go back to be being unconscious after seeing her, it was just very hard.

"I don't. Can I get out of here now?" Jennie asks a little frustrated remembering she still has some work to do back at the company.

"Sadly, No. you have a really high fever Ma'am. it would be bad to continue to work with it" Jisoo says concernly.

"since when do you care? I need to go back there right now" Jennie muttered but it was loud enough for Jisoo to here.

"I care about you, a lot and it'll be more easier if you stay for a little until your fever is gone, Vice.President Eujin has it all covered"

I care about you, a lot. was echoing in Jennie's mind.

if you cared, then why did you leave? Jennie wanted to say that to Jisoo's face but she couldn't, she huffed and leaned back on the bed.

"Get me something to drink, and hurry up" Jennie demands.

"Hm, Okay. I'll be back in just a minute" Jisoo bows her head and left.

Jennie notices it was already
6:45 pm and its dark. it was usual that she gets off work around 9 or 10, but Jisoo? she gets off work 7 pm. doesn't she have a family to come home to?

Just when she was about to fall asleep the door swung open and Jisoo enters with a cup of coffee she got from the Coffee Machine.

she settles the coffee down beside the table on Jennie's bed. Jennie didn't bother to say thanks and drink the coffee.

"Um.. The nurse said she'll be back around 7 to check on your blood pressure and also The VP bought you the medicine the doctor recommended" Jennie nods as she drink her hot coffee.

"You can go home, I can take care of myself and besides don't you have someone waiting for you at home?"

"No it's fine, I can stay and The Vice Pres. told me to stay here until your maids arrive, then I will leave"

"I can handle myself, besides I dont need you here. just go home" Jennie says turning around.

"No it's really fine, I will stay here until your maids arrive then I will leave, please?" Jennie sighed. Jisoo can be really stubborn too.

"fine, turn off the lights."
Jisoo smiles before doing so.

there was still lights above Jennie's bed, so Jisoo can clearly see her. she sat on the armchair just beside the bed, closing her eyes.

••••

Jisoo fell asleep, while Jennie was wide awake. it has only been 5 minutes since Jisoo fell asleep.

Jennie who can't fell asleep
was mindlessly staring at Jisoo's side profile. her lips slightly apart as she snore softly. Jisoo is a really hard person to wake up, especially if she's really comfortable and by the sight of Jisoo, she looks so comfortable.

"what's taking the maid so long" Jennie scratch her eyebrow.

*ring ring *ring ring

Jennie notices Jisoo's phone was buzzing but Jisoo can't seem to wake up. Jennie frowns when Jisoo hasn't picked it up, she grabs her pillow and threw it at Jisoo.

"ngh.. h-huh?" Jisoo opens her eyes and looks at Jennie.

"Answer that god damn phone!"
Jennie shouted, turning around. "it's ruining my sleep, aish" she lied and pretended to go back to sleep.

"Oh, sorry." Jisoo apologise and answers her phone.

"Hm, Unnie?"

"Jisoo, can you like take a leave for tomorrow? I have no one here to assist me, Joy said she can't be here for tomorrow, they're having a family reunion."

"Sure, is she there right now?"

"Yeah she is here, she'll be home tomorrow 7 am, can you get here in time?"

"Not sure, but I'll try"

"Okay. Thank you"

"Yeah, you should rest"

"Hm"

"Bye, love you"

"love you too Unnie, Bye."

Jisoo puts her phone down and sat on the armchair. she looks at Jennie who's facing the other way.

"President Kim?" Jisoo calls out.

"What?" Jennie asked coldly not looking at her.

"Um, Can I take a leave for tomorrow?"

"Why?" jennie asks still using the same tone.

"Unnie was hospitalized days ago, her condition is really bad so I really have to be there for just tomorrow. is it okay?" Irene? Jennie thought.

"Okay, do you have my schedule ready for tomorrow?"
Jennie sighed and sat up.

"Yes" Jisoo nods.

"Okay, you can take a leave I guess." Jisoo bows her head as a thanks.

"Thank you.. um, do you want to watch Tv?"

"Yeah" Jisoo smiles and turns on the television.

"Welcome Back to Hello Counselor!.. now let's see the keywords!.."

both of them watch intently, a wife who was complaining about his husband for being too strict to her.

"Yes, I am not allowed to be touched or text any man even my male friends. he deleted all the numbers, he doesn't let me go to a convenience store that's a five minute walk away. now that he doesn't have work he stays at home and always has his eyes on me"

"Euijin, Do you think this is a concern?.. No"

"Let's see the votes!..187!"

"it's definitely a concern"
Jennie says.

"Yeah. he's so possessive"
Jennie didn't expect for Jisoo to reply.

"Atleast he doesn't leave her and cheat on her, still a better partner" Jisoo swallows and looks down. that kind of hit me in the nerve, Jisoo thought.

*knock knock*

"it must be them" Jisoo says and stood up to open the door.

"J-j.. jieun?" Jisoo stutters.

"Jisoo Eomma?" Jieun says in surprise.

•••••

A/N: Hello! it's been 4 days? sorry, I kind of ran out of INSFIRAYSHAWN. 😥 Ugh, I miss blackpink so much!