Chapter 23: Then Why?!

a/n: ✔Drama 100%

•••

"J-jennie.."

"But Jisoo..it's not that easy" Jennie whispers, the back of her throat was burning. she wanted to cry but she held it back.

"I know.." Jisoo says and lets go of Jennie. "I just want to let you know" she added.

"That you miss me? then what?" Jennie turns around.

"then this.."

Jisoo leans forward colliding their lips, one thing she misses doing for the past 14 years. Jennie felt her knees go limp as Jisoo slowly pins her on the wall while cupping both sides of her head. Jennie whimpered into the kiss, and Jisoo pulls away.

"I'm still inlove with you Jennie Kim, I'm so sorry I broke your heart.. you will always be the one."

•••

"What's wrong with the president? she looked so emotionless"

"How am I suppose to know?"

"Aish, I'm worried. she usually looks angry, stressed or happy, but only if her daughter's around"

"Something's probably bothering her"

"Thank you, Mark. We'll see you next time"

The team building was a success, they're on their way back to the company.

Jisoo sat at the back of the van, while Jennie sat infront. Jisoo can't help but glance so often at Jennie, she's worried that Jennie's still bothered about last night.

FLASHBACK

"Jennie forgive me.."

"How? How Jisoo How?? you can't just come back to me after 14 years! you don't know what you've done..you don't know how it feels to be left by the same person you married, the one who says will love you forever, whom you planned your future with.. the one who you thought will be there for you when you need them"

"Can't you give me a chance? a chance to be Jieun's mother, a chance to fix my broken promises? a chance to fix my mistakes..
a chance to be your.. wife, again?"

"I don't know.. I s-still.. can't forget that day you left me.. I was pregnant Jisoo.. how could you?.."
Jennie stared deep into Jisoo's eyes, if looks can kill she'd be dead, but not because of anger, but because of the pain in Jennie's eyes, the pain Jisoo can feel just by looking into her eyes.

"That was a long time ago..
I promise, I can change things-" Jisoo says desperately but was cut by Jennie.

"but it's still in here Jisoo! it still hurts!" Jennie cries out, pointing on her heart.

"I'm sorry.."

"Am I ugly? Do I deserve to fall apart?!"

"Jennie No.."

"Then Why!?" and with that Jennie fell on her knees, running her hand through her hair, she leans on the wooden wall.

Jennie's breathing hitched, her loud sniffles was heard. Jisoo looks down at Jennie, who was crying her heart out.

she bends down and looks at Jennie, she places her hand on Jennie's shoulder, causing Jennie to look at her.

"You deserve the best. you deserve more than a heartbreak, you don't deserve me. It just breaks me that I am the cause why you're like this.. but if me not being part of your life is better then.. I'll just leave, for the sake of you.. but always remember that I will always love you Kim Jennie.. my greatest love" Jisoo whispers the last part and held the side of Jennie's head before kissing her forehead and was entering the other room.

"Not all love story, deserves a happy ending"

•••

a/n: tomorrow's monday so here's a short chap. :( 🛂

(for laughs)