Chapter 29: Bestfriends.

• August 25th of 197x•

8

years old Jensoo

Jennie promised to play with her bestfriend, when she comes home from school.
she changed into her favorite red dress and her pink sandals.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Thank god you're here.."
Jisoo's mom says bending down and hugs Jennie. Jennie hugs back but frowns when she hears a familiar crying sound, screams were heard and Jennie can only think of Jisoo.

"Aunt, is Jisoo crying?"

"Yes she is baby, she's a little upset." a little? Jennie furrows her eyebrows.

"Why?" she asked.

"she's upset cause.. she wasn't able to go to school with you and also she didn't see you this morning so I guess, we should see her now before things gets worse" Jennie pouts and lets her Aunt carry her upstairs.

Jisoo's Mom puts her down and opens Jisoo's bedroom door, Jennie peeked her head to see Jisoo's toys scattered around the floor and also Jisoo wrapped in a ball at the corner of the room.

Jennie watched as her mom walks towards Jisoo and bends down to her "hey chu, Jendeuk's here" her mom said. her sobbing stops and slowly she lowers the blanket that's covering her
peeking a little to make sure it's not a lie.

her eyes wandered around the room and she immediately spotted those familiar cat eyes peeking on the door. Jennie smiles and enters the room, waving at her bestfriend.

"Hi C-" Jisoo engulfs her in a bear hug still sobbing.

Jennie closes her eyes and hugs her back, she snuggles on her neck and Jisoo's Mom could only watch them in awe.

"Chu don't cry, your fever might get worse." Jennie says comforting her.

"Jendeukie I miss you" she says clenching her hand only to tighten their hug.

"I'll leave you kids alone, and if you need anything I'll be downstairs" Her Aunt says leaving the room and closing the door.

Jisoo pulls apart and pulls Jennie to her bed. she sets aside the pillow only to reveal a box.

"Jendeuk-ah, I'm sorry we can't play outside. I know you love playing outside so I told Eomma to buy you a gift" Jisoo says opening the box, it revealed a baby doll that Jennie wanted to buy when they were grocery shopping with Jisoo's family.

"Remember this doll? it talks! look its really cute" Jisoo says excitedly, she rips the box open taking out the doll.

"WOW! Thanks Jisoo!" Jennie says happily hugging the doll. Jisoo giggles and went down the bed.

"I have an idea! let's build a pillow fort!"

"Huh? but I don't know how to Unnie, let's just play with this doll" Jennie says cooing the doll as if it was real.

"Ah! Jin oppa! he knows" Jisoo says clapping her hands.

•••