Chapter 9: Truth.

11:23 pm

"Um, is Jieun still awake?"
Jennie asks the maid once she got home.

"she didn't stepped out of her room since her friend left, I'm starting to worry because she wasn't answering me whenever I knock on her door" Jennie quickly ran upstairs and knocked on her daughter's door.

"Jieun? are you asleep? open the door please?" The door instantly opens and revealed a crying Jieun.

Jennie steps inside and locks the door before pulling her daughter in a hug.

"N-no.." Jieun shakes her head and pulls away.

"h-huh? what do you mean? baby what happened?" Jennie asked cupping Jieun's face.

her face was red and her eyes were plump from crying so much.

Jieun walks to her drawer and pulls out the picture from earlier. she wiped her tears and hands it to her eomma.

Jennie furrows her eyebrows and takes the picture. her eyes widen in shock.

"Why do you have this?! did you went through my stuff?"
Jennie asked angrily.

"Yes i did. but now tell me Eomma, who is she? and why do you call each other wifey? why were you kissing each other? i-is s-she my mother? is this the reason why I don't have an Appa?! but why would you not tell me about her! she's my mother too!"

Jennie was dumbfounded. the secret she was hiding for 14 years has been revealed, all she wanted was to keep it from Jieun.

ever since Jisoo left her, all she wanted was to prove to her and their daughter that she's enough and she doesn't need Jisoo. it hurts Jennie of course, that's why she didn't want Jieun to know that she has another mother.

"Eomma please? tell me the truth. is this the reason why I don't have a father? is she m-my mother too? please I want to know" Jieun begged.

Jennie wipes her tears, and was about to hug Jieun but

"I don't need a hug! I need the truth Eomma, please? just please. please"

Jennie sighs and looks back at the picture. it was her, 5 months Pregnant with Jieun while Jisoo kisses her shoulder. this picture brings up so much memories, happy ones.

I think it's time

••••••

"Remember the story I told you the other day?" Jennie asks. they were now sitting on the edge of the bed.

Jieun nods.

"it was actually the my story" Jieun gasped.

"I was seven years old when I met her, she came to my birthday party and we became friends that day, my parents and hers were business partners, we became super close after that. she was my.. first love, and my greatest" Jennie smiles her tears were still running.

"at the age 14 we became together, and we told our parents when I turned 18 but.. her parents were against our relationship so much they kicked Jisoo out and chose to be with me"it was one thing she fell inlove with Jisoo too, she was brave.

"but I was lucky my parents were there to support us. then the other Kim's didn't want to be partners with my parents anymore so they weren't business partners anymore. at the age 19 I got married with her, it was one of the happy days of my life
and i can never forget that."
Jieun was already tearing up, her mother seems so happy as she tells her story and she never seen her mother like that ever.

"after we graduate at the age 20. when we turned 21, technology was there to help us form a very special gift and that is you, Jieun. we were so happy, and both of you have the same birthdays, I went for an ultrasound and gave her the results as a gift, she really wanted a baby girl so much and you know what, you look alike so much." Jennie smiles at her daughter.

"Really? so she's extremely pretty then." Jieun chuckles.

"of course, she was. well she is." Jennie's smile suddenly fades away when she was already in the part where..

"we were close, it was close for you to come but suddenly a day came and she told me that.. she d-doesn't love me anymore.." she faced her daughter.

"you know what's worst? is that she didn't tell me the reason why. I got so angry, very mad and hurt. I decided to not tell you about her, I told myself I will do my best so I can be enough for you but.. I guess I wasn't, I guess you really need her too"

"Aniya, Eomma. you're more than enough, please don't think you aren't" Jieun says and hugs her mother.

"Thank you" Jennie bursts into tears more, it just felt so good to hear from your daughter that you are enough.

"It must be so painful to be left by someone who you truly love, all i want is this mom.
to know the truth, I understand now why you didn't tel me, but... can I.."

"What?" Jennie looks at her.

"meet her? it's okay if I can't talk with her but can I atleast see her? I just want to see her"

You already did.

Jennie bit her lip.

"Um, can I think about it?"
Jieun smiles.

"Yes" her daughter squealed, Jieun knew her mother will eventually let her anyways.

Jennie sighed.

"Wait, Eomma but what is her name?" Jennie sucked her bottom lip, unsure if she's gonna tell her.

"please???" Jieun pleaded.

Jennie sighs in defeat.

"Kim Jisoo."

•••••

A/N: Goodmorning Philippines!