Late Night Visits

A/N: Here you go guys! :) Listen to Stay With Me by Sam Smith on repeat!
________________________________________

Ej sat on his bed in his pitch black room. It was 1:00 am, and his parents had left earlier that day to go visit family. He didn't want to go, because he didn't feel like being around his snobby family. However, now he wished he did. Ej was on his bed, in his pitch black room, at 1:00 am. Once again contemplating suicide.

He downed the rest of his beer as he stared at the bright lit moon from his window. He took a puff of the cigarette he was smoking. Ej rocked from side to side humming Amazing Grace. Tears rolled rapidly down his face. He crushed the can, threw it across the room, but kept smoking on the cigarette.

He was so angry. No one understood him. People thought just, because he had money he had no problems. He had plenty of problems. Like trying so hard to be perfect for his parents. Trying so hard to be noticed. He tried so hard to not blend into the black walls around him. He tried so hard to be fucking normal for once...but truthfully he knew he could never be normal.

Ej knew he would never think like a normal person. That's why he wants to leave so bad. If he died maybe he would be reincarnated into a normal person. Not some crazy African American teenager.

________________________________________

Myles laid on his bed tossing a football. His mom and step dad went out on a date. Usually Myles would be out with his friends, but he wasn't up for it.

He had too much on his mind. Like where the hell Ej has been for the past 3 weeks. He's gone completly M.I.A. He thought the talk they had would of did some good, but obviously it didn't. He promised to stop. He guessed promises were ment to be broken.

Myles threw the football on the floor. He grabbed the gray blanket and snuggled it. It was a blanket he stole from Ej's house during a sleep over. It smelled like him. He really missed his best friend. He just hoped he was alright.

He sprung up when he heard a familiar ringtone sound. It was Ej calling. He quickly grabbed the phone answering.

"Hey." He greeted sitting up.

Ej liked the fact that Myles didn't ask where he had been. He greeted him like nothing was wrong.

Ej sighed. He didn't say anything for a while. Then he licked his dry lips breathing a heavy sigh.

"I really need you right now...c-can you come over? My parents arn't here...and uh...I just need some company..." he said slowly.

"Yeah...I'm on my way." Myles said already putting his shoes on.

Ej didn't respond; he just quickly hung up.

________________________________________

Myles knocked on the door waiting for Ej. After three more knocks the door opened. They exchanged no words. Myles just simply followed him to his room. When they got there Ej sat on the floor picking his cigarette up.

Myles looked around the pitch black room. It smelled like smoke and booze. The room was messy and eerily cold too. He looked at Ej to see him taking one last puff before squashing the cigarette in the ash tray. He walked over to him sitting on the floor next to him. It was silent as they just stared at the bright lit moon.

"You promised." Myles said not looking at him.

"I know." Ej whispered.

Myles looked at Ej. He saw the dried up tears on his face. His clothes were wrinkly. He smelt of smoke and alcohol. Not his usual scent. Which was washing powder and AXE soap.