Etta James

A/N: I'm out of summer school! Whoooo!!

________________________________________

Ej laid on his bed. He was listening to his Etta James record.

He was so sad. He missed Myles. Ej missed his voice. The way he laughed and smiled. It brightened up the whole room. Now all he does is sit quietly with a blank expression.

Ej took another puff of his cigarette. The room was smoky. His parents once again were working late.

He sung along to the song moving his head.

________________________________________

Myles sat at his computer chair making beats. This was the only thing that kept his mind off of Ej. He nodded his head to the smooth beat. He turned it down hearing a knock on his door.

"Hey." It was his step dad.

Normally he would roll his eyes, but he didn't feel like being an ass.

"Hey Mike." he greeted turning his music back up.

Mike walked fully into his room. He nodded his head to the beat. Myles smiled in surprise.

"You like this?" he asked.

"Yeah. It has an nice rhythm to it." Mike said sitting on his bed.

"I'm surprised. I thought you listened to that classical shit being a business man and all." Myles said adding more base making the walls dance with the music.

"Nah that's your mom." Mike laughed.

Myles smiled at that. "Yeah she wack."

"As hell." Mike agreed.

Myles laughed. He turned around in his computer chair. "You know? You ain't a Mitch after all."

Mike rolled his eyes. " And you're not the spawn of Satan." he smirked.

"Touche." Myles nodded.

"So you're mom told me to come up here to tell you to bring dinner to Ej's house." Mike said stretching.

"Why?" Myles asked messing with the buttons on the computer.

"Because his parents are working late." Mike explained.

"He can make his own dinner." Myles mumbled.

"Why are you being so difficult?" Mike huffed.

"Why can't she do it?" he asked ignoring his question.

"I don't know." he shrugged.

"Why can't you do it?" Myles asked.

"Because. Why can't you do it?" Mike smartly retorted.

Myles sucked his teeth. "I'm doing something more important." he mumbled.

Mike gave him a look. "Myles just take the food over there. I don't want to hear your mother's mouth."

"Ugh! Fine!" he groaned. His mom was really annoying.

"Thanks little man." Mike thanked rubbing his head walking out.

"It's big man to you Mitch!" Myles yelled.

Mike just flicked him off.

"Pedophile!" Myles made a face.

Mike rolled his eyes shutting his bedroom door.

________________________________________

Ej was still listening to depressing music. He sung along to the current song playing. It was I'd rather go blind by Etta James.