The Barber Shop

A/N: Here's a Royce Chapter for ya!

____________________________________________________________

The sound of clippers rung through Jacob's ears. The smell of cologne filled his nostrils as he strolled into the barber shop. He greeted everyone with a smile. Jacob went straight to the receptionist desk grabbing a sucker. He walked towards the back station.

"Hey Mr.August!" he yelled running to give him a hug.

Carl rolled his eyes. " Hey Jacob." he sighed hugging him back.

Jacob just smiled.

"Aye Jacob! When you gon let me cut that head full of hair of yours?" asked old man Jenkins.

"When I start liking girls." he shot back smartly.

Old man Jenkins just laughed.

"Where's Chresanto?" Jacob asked looking around.

"He's still at football practice." Carl said cleaning his clippers.

Jacob groaned. "What I'm supposed to do now? Hang out with you?!"

Carl paused his movements. " And what's wrong wit me?" he asked.

" You're old and boring. Always trying to teach me shitty life lessons." Jacob grumbled plopping down in the Barber chair.

Carl popped him. " Stop that cussin'."

Jacob just rolled his eyes spinning around in the chair.

Carl caught the chair.

"How bout' you go down to the basement and wash the dirty towels." he suggeststed.

"Nah I'm good." Jacob shrugged smacking on his sucker.

"It wasn't a question. Go." Carl demanded.

Jacob groaned throwing his head back. He stood up.

"Fine."

Carl smiled. "That's my boy."

Jacob just glared at him walking away.

"All the work I do around here I might as well get paid for it!" he complained going down the stairs to the basement.

Carl just chuckled shaking his head continuing to clean his clippers.

____________________________________________________________

Chresanto sighed walking into the BarberShop. He was so tired from practice. He greeted everyone as he carried his heavy gym bag. Chresanto walked to his dad's station dramatically plopping in the chair.

Carl nodded at him cleaning his supplies. Chresanto watched him. The way his father's hands worked expertly relaxed him. The sound of brushes against clippers made his eyes droopy. Chresanto sunk down in the chair falling asleep.

Carl looked at his son with a soft smile. He returned back to cleaning.

_________________________________________________________

Jacob walked up the stairs with clean towels. After he was done he put his hair into one big braid. It was really hot in the basement from the drier.

"Mr.August I'm done!" Jacob happily said.

Carl looked up at Jacob with a smile.

"Thank you Jacob." Carl appreciated.

Jacob smiled walking towards him. He once again sat down in the chair. He spun around in it with his eyes closed. He listened to the loud conversation from the barbers around him.