Dinner

A/N: Part two as promised. I can't stop laughing.
________________________________________

Bahja and Jacob entered the house with a bag of cookies laughing.

"No you were scared!" Jacob laughed.

"Hell naw! I saw you-" Bahja was cut off from hearing a loud crash.

"What was that?" Jacob asked already heading towards the source of the sound.

Bahja set the cookies on the counter following Jacob.

When she got in there Mrs.Perez had dropped a glass bowl, and Jacob was already helping her with the mess.

"Are you okay Mrs.Perez?" Bahja asked getting a broom.

"Oh I'm fine honey. Just clumsy that's all." she chuckled.

"We know that." Jacob mumbled.

"Shut up." Mrs.Perez glared.

Jacob just stuck his tounge at her.

"We brought back cookies Mrs.P you want some?" Bahja asked.

"Oh no thank you. I don't want to spoil dinner." she declined.

"Dinner?" Jacob asked confused.

Usually him and his mother would go out to eat, because she didn't like to cook. His dad would grab food for himself. They rarely had sit down dinners unless it was a special occasion.

"Yes dinner." Mrs.Perez huffed.

"Why?" Jacob asked.

"Just because Jacob!" she yelled. She knew if he kept asking questions she would of told the good news.

Jacob and Bahja looked wide eyed at her. At that moment Chresanto came down stairs with the trash.

"Hey what was that-" but he quickly cut himself off when he saw Jacob sitting in glass.

"What happened?!" he exclaimed setting the trash down going over to where Jacob was.

"Calm down Chres. Mrs.P just dropped a bowl."Bahja said handing Mrs.Perez the broom.

"Well Jacob shouldn't be picking it up! That's dangerous!" he scolded pulling Jacob up. He dusted him off and started checking for cuts.

"Chresanto honey? Are you okay?" Mrs.Perez asked slowly.

"Yeah...babe its just glass..." Jacob said looking at Chresanto in alarm.

"Maybe he's hungry...you want a cookie?!" Bahja asked excitedly grabbing the bag of sweets.

Chresanto rolled his eyes. "I'm fine. Just be careful alright?" he said kissing Jacob's cheek. He picked up all the trash leaving out the house.

Jacob just looked after him, but was pulled out his thoughts when he heard crunching.

Bahja and Jacob turned around to see Mrs.Perez eating the cookies.

"Mamì slow down." Jacob laughed.

"Yeah Mrs.P you're gonna choke." Bahja said amused.

Mrs.Perez slowed down her chewing.

"Sorry but you know how much I love chocolate." she said stuffing another cookie in her mouth.

Jacob and Bahja just laughed continuing to clean up the mess.

________________________________________

It was 7:00 and everyone was seated at the dinner table. All of Jacob's friends were there including Mr.and Mrs. August. It was quiet. Everyone just stared at each other not eating.