Fake

Mal's POV

It's not Thursday,  I'm ok. Mine and Ben's date it in....2 days. I think. I don't know. Oh god I'm a mess.

Putting my spellbook into my locker, I didn't notice the certain brown haired boy until, "Hi, Mal." Ben's voice made me jump in surprise and I smiled at him, "Hi." He smiled back. "I have a little surprise for you." There was something about his voice that I didn't like.
"Again? Wow. That's like every day now."
"Or every other day. The even dates. Because you're...even more perfect than I thought." He 'booped' my nose at this point and I let out a nervous laugh, "That is me. I am perfect."

I looked down the back up at him. "Come on, let me spoil you. You didn't have a lot growing up." He explained. Okay, maybe I shouldn't be so snappy, "We managed." He sighed and looked in my locker, sporting my spellbook. "Hey, didn't you donate that to the museum?" He asked curiously. I avoided his question a bit, "Is that still in there? Um, I got to get to class. I really don't want to be late."

"No," He took me by the arm and led me towards the end of the corridor. "You come this way. First off..." I watched Ben pull off a black blanket to reveal a purple motocycle!! "Ta-da!" He smiled. I nearly dropped my books in shock and happiness, "What?!"
"You like it?"
"Ben... does an ogre like cheese puffs? This is amazing!"
"It's purple."
"I didn't get you anything." I said sadly.

Ben shook his head and smiled, "You're taking me on a picnic with all my favorite foods, remember?" No, that's Thursday, dummy. "No, that's Thursday." I told him. He nodded, "It is Thursday."
"No, it's not."
"Yes, it is."
"No, it's not."
"It is." He got out his phone and showed me the date. Shit it is Thursday!! "I knew that." I lied. He didn't seem to believe it, "I mean, if you don't have it, that's fine."
"No, no, no. I was fully messing with you. I knew it was Thursday," I cut him off. "I just have one more thing
to go bake, and then I am all yours."
"Well, what about class?" He asked.

Oh right, the class where I'm most likely to fall asleep in. "She multi tasks." I smiled. "She dabbles." He corrected me. Yes, "She dabbles." I started to walk away and he called after me, "You're the best!"
"That's me!" Half hopping because of tue hills, I ran away to make a picnic.

Ben's POV

Aaaaaaaaand she's gone. Well, back to my meetings, I guess....

Harmony ' POV

"I've been hoping somebody loves you in the ways I couldn't
Somebody's taking care of all of the mess I've made
Someone you don't have to change
I've been hoping
Someone will love you, let me go." Tears flooded in ky eyes as I ran threw that song in my head. Isaacs overreacted and now he was gone. And there was nothing I could do. I was stuck here.

Harry and Gil were in my apartment with me, comforting me as I cried. "It's okay, lass, he's just a prick to leave you." Harry told me as Gil pulled me into yet another hug. I just shook ky head and muttered through tears, "It's m-my fault... I didn't s-spend enough time with him...."

"It's not your fault, Harms,"Gil started. But I cut him off before he could continue. "You don't get it, Gil!! Isaacs and me had been dating for 6 years and now it's all ruined because I chose to spend time with you two idiots!!" They got up and quickly backed away, but Harry was closer than Gil. "You've never had a lover, you don't know what it's like!" I continued. That's when Harry snapped. He grabbed me by the arm and carried me out the apartment, down to the docks.

Whilst this happened, I screamed and kicked him. But he wasn't having any of it. "Harmony Joker-Quinn, you calm down right now!!" He ordered, putting me right on the edge of the docks. One wring slip and nd I was Croc bait. Quickly calming down, I looked at the floor and frowned as he looked down at me.

Mal's POV

"Would you like a hot hors d'oeuvre?" I smiled at Ben, picking up something for him. He smiled, "Yes, please." Smiling back, I basically baby fed him and he chuckled, "Mmm! This is the best thing I've ever had."
"So, you like it?" I asked with a slightly worried tone. "I more than like it. I, uh...mmm-- so like it." He answered with a smile.

I let out a small sigh of relief and looked at the table of food. That wasn't really home made. "Beef ragout?" I asked, handing him a small plate. He nodded, "Yeah. This is amazing." Sadly I was still paranoid. "Did I surprise you?" I asked, my voice sounding more and more worried.

Ben could probably tell how worried I was when he replied, "Oh, yeah, you surprised me. This is every single dish
Mrs. Potts made for my parents. What did it take you? Three days?"

"You know, don't even ask me." I let out an awkward laugh. Ben's smile grew, "Yeah. Well, it means a lot that you stopped and did all this for me. Especially with all the craziness you've been put through." He put a hand on my cheek and I smiled as he continued, "I've missed you. We don't get much time to be just us anymore." I sighed a little, "I know."

Just then, Ben spilt his drink over his lap. "You can't take me anywhere, right? Uh... Do you have a-- Do you have a napkin or something?" He went to look in the basket and I jumped to stop him, "I do! I packed some. Oh, there is-- I think I stowed them away." He stopped me fussing, "I can grab them." Then his expression changed.

He pulled out the spellbook.

"What's this?" He asked, his face blank but his voice cold. I stuttered a little, "I-I actually threw that in there
super last-minute in case it rained or--" He started going through the marked pages and I fell silent. " 'Speed reading' spell. 'Blonde hair' spell," he stopped and looked at me. " 'Cooking' spell."

Not looking at him, I let him continue. "And I was giving you props
for fitting in so well,for doing your best." He stood up, slamming the book down.  Okay ky ideas aren't the best but here goes. "Take back this moment that has passed. Return it-- Reverse it--" I tried to spell h but forgot the words and made him even angry. "Are you trying to spell me right now?!"
"Ben, it has been so hard for me!"
"Yes! Some things are hard! Do you think learning to be king has been easy for me?"
"No! I thought we were doing this together!"
"Ben, we are in this together." I teared up a little.
"But we're not, Mal. We're not. Y-You've been keeping secrets and lying to me. I thought we were done with that. This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Mal."

I suddenly turned sour and glared at him. "Yeah. Believe me, I know that!" I argued back. We both stood our ground ad he yelled, "Then why are you doing this?"  For a while I didn't speak, but when I did my voice cracked.

"Because... I'm not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben. I'm not one of those ladies from the Court. I'm a big fake, okay? I'm fake. This is fake." I pointed at the food and then my outfit. This is fake." I lifted my hair up then took ky book and looked at the picnic. "Take this feast, this sumptuous meal, return it back to what is real."

The picnic turned into a pent butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk. I looked up at Ben and a tear slipped down my cheek. "This is who I really am." Taking the book, I walked past him.

Ben's POV

I grabbed her arm, "Mal." She pulled away from me as more tears fell, "No. No." She speed walked away and I "beasted out" on her, picking up the sandwich and yelling angrily, "Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite!" But she didn't listen.

She was gone.

Okay so I decided to give you a chapter before I stop writing for a while. Sorry this is a filler and it's smth from the movie, but I can't think. Hope to see you in the next chapter, bai!
X Caitlin X