Nobody Said This Was Easy

Harmony's POV

I don't know what to do. Isaac won't answer any of my calls and none of my Gotham friends will either. I feel cut off from everyone being on the isle; like I don't exist.

Gil was stood outside my apartment 'in disgrace'. Harry was pacing the living room as usual and I was in my bed wishing that purple princess would come and kill me. "Harmony, come here!!" I heard Harry yell at me. Groaning, I pouted and made a fuss, "I don't wanna come, Harry! Just leave me here to die already!!" I rolled over and hid under my pillows as he came into my room. "Not an option, lass. Uma wants ya." He muttered. His voice was gentle and calming, making me feel a little better. As I sat up, I gave him a small smile, "Oh alright... Give me five minutes."
"Perfect! See ya in five!"
"yeah yeah, whatever."

With a chuckle, Harry left me to roll out of bed and get dressed.

Putting my hair into the usual bunches, I looked at my pale complexion in the mirror before groaning again

Putting my hair into the usual bunches, I looked at my pale complexion in the mirror before groaning again. "Why do I look like a vampire!?" I exclaimed angrily. Gil came in to see what I meant then had to hold back laughter. "You haven't left the apartment in almost a week, Harms. Of course, you're gonna be pale." He told me before being dragged out by Hookie. Who then dragged me out too. I didn't even bother to complain.

~*~~*~~*~

Uma's scream was still echoing through my ears as I sat groggily at a table. Gil was sat with me, refilling my cup every now and then. Although I'm not even sure its the devil's juice anymore (*drunk laugh*) "Princess, come 'ere and minute." Harry called, sitting at a table near me with a plate of food. Rolling my eyes, I pushed past a few people and walked over to him. But that just made my head spin even more. "What do you want, Puddin'?" I asked, holding my head. He suddenly shoved a chip in my mouth. "one, eat. Two, have some water. Three, stay with me, okay? We're going out somewhere soon. To pick up a 'package'." There was something about his voice that made me smile, and I started eating and drinking the water obediently. 

Once I was finished and... half... sober, Harry partly dragged me out of the shop and down some alley. "Where are we even going?" I asked, still light headed. He chuckled and slowed his pace, walking next to me. "we, my pretty little, drunk lass," He smirked, "Are going to collect Beastie Boy." I was too confused to argue and we continued walking until we saw our 'package'. Something about this didn't seem right. "Ok, you go and distract him and then I'll nick him," Hookie explained, earning yet another nod from me. I started to walk towards him, doing my best to not look drunk. "Well bless my soul and call me Batman, if it isn't good ol' King Ben!" I smirked when I reached him.

His turn was sharp but his reactions soon softened when he saw who it was. "Princess Harmony! How marvellous to see you." The manners are still intact. And so his he for the most part. "Marvellous to see you too, sugar. How's everything with that purple girl going?" I smiled/asked. But I never got an answer. Harry nicked him while I stood there, arms crossed and a smirk on my face. "You take him back and I'll deal with the others." I smiled at Harry, walking to where Evie, Carlos and Jay were. I only know them off stories and TV but they've seemed to have gone soft since leaving the Isle. The worry in their voice was clear as I approached, Evie and Carlos yelling, "Ben? Ben!"

I appeared closer and Evie sighed in relief, "Ben, don't scare us like that." Laughing like my mother, I emerged from the shadows and answered, "Don't scare you? But that's my speciality." Everyone immediately soured but no one knew who I was. "What did you do with Ben?" Carlos asked. I looked at him and replied, "Oh, uh, we nicked him. Mm-hmm. Yeah. And if you want to see him again, have Mal come to the Chip Shoppe tonight. Alone." I looked at Jay then Evie before continuing. "Uma wants a little visit." Looking back at Jay, I noticed how soft he actually was and decided to take advantage of the situation. "Aw, Jay. Seems like you've lost your touch." I smirked and laughed as he went to hit me but was stopped by Evie, who exclaimed, "Hey! Jay! Hey!" Laughing once more, I barked at Carlos before leaving, strutting a little in my heels.

This is gonna be the best battle ever. And that's coming from a girl who's outsmarted Batman, his son and her own parents multiple times. Once I got back to the shop, me and Harry went back to mine and he fell asleep in my bed cuz I might've fallen asleep on him.

Hope this was ok, cya in the next one, bai!

X Caitlin X