Innocent Child

Harmony's POV

So if I was on the Isle, Uma would be dragging me to that surprise she had planned. But instead, I'm in Gotham, being kept as far away from my friends and the Wreck as possible. Fun! I kept a tight hold on the clothes rope, feeling like my old self as I shot at Brandon's photos.

My old ones had been replaced and these ones were looking a little too perfect. "Oh, Batsy. You just can't leave me alone, can you?" I turned on the rope and looked at my uninvited guest. Brandon leant on the door frame, a small smirk on his face. "The city's been quiet since you left, blondie. But now my father has to try and stop your friends from stealing a-"
"Don't tell me!!"
"Huh?"
"It's my birthday today, don't tell me what my friends are up to."
"Oh okay."
"Speaking of birthdays. Where's my present from you?"

Every year, no matter what, I've always had something from Brandon for my birthday. Without fail. Except this year. "Actually, I didn't get you anything this year. Not something you can touch and destroy anyways." He confessed. Huh? Touch and destroy? What does that mean? It's not my fault the things he gets me end up in a million pieces. "So what do I get from brain dead Brandon?"

I sounded threatening as I jumped off the clothes rope and stepped towards Brandon. Nervously, he took a step back, only to hit Jerome. "Well, I.... I, er...." He stammered. Eventually I grew bored and signalled at Jerome to take him away. "Wait, Harmony, please!" Was all I heard before Jerome shut the door in Brandon's face. Oooh, it feels good to be home!

Mal's POV

I felt nervous and sick as I stood waiting. Ben was nowhere to be seen and everyone else was already on the dance floor. "Lumiere... I don't think I can do this..." I told him worriedly. Lumiere turned and took my hands in his, "Trust me, my dear, you'll be fine. Just be yourself." With that, he left to announce me. I looked around once more. Where is Ben!?

Lumiere's voice was like an alarm clock as I walked out to the crowd. "You work it, girl." He muttered, making me giggle. At the back of the party, I could've sworn I saw Uma, but it was just my imagination.

Isaac's POV

Railey. Railey, Luke and Colby. Railey, Luke, Colby and Isaac. Railey and Isaac. Railsaac.

Wait, what?

"Isaac, stop daydreaming, you big idiot." Railey laughed at me as I nearly fell forwards. It's been a couple days but already I've made some life long friends. Especially Railey, the Riddler's daughter. Our parents knew each other and up until the age of 3 me and her were friends. Then she came here. God knows why; she's just a big softie. Although she does like to speak in riddles.

"If this place is the moon and out there is the sun, would you rather get burnt than join in the fun?"

This is her favourite. Took me a couple hours to work out what she meant. Out in Gotham or and other part of the world, you'll get burnt/accused for everything because you're a villain. But if you stay in V.I.D.C (Villain Internal Detention Centre) you don't get blamed for anything because it's full of bad guys.

Anyways. I picked up my shovel and went back to digging. That's my job here, dig up any weeds and replace them with -and I quote -"Flowers or any of that pretty shit." It's the squad's only chore. And once it's done, Railey drags us guys to the wreck room. Which is literally a wreck compared to the rest of the V.I.D.C.

"Riddles, get your ass over here now!!" I heard my father's voice boom. It made me wince and Colby stand in front of me protectively while Luke went with Railey. He was sent back and we worried asked him what mh father wanted with her. Luke looked terrified as he answered, "You'll soon hear out." Hear out? What does - oh. Shit. Shit shit fucking shit. "H-He can't! Railey's innocent!" Colby muttered.

Then we heard it.

Railey's scream will haunt me forever. Time seemed to slow down as I ran into door repeatedly, finally breaking it open. Railey lay on a table, belted to it as someone walked towards her with what I can only describe as two microphones. Someone tried to hold me back but I fought against them and eventually ran over to the table. However whatever was about to happen to her happened to me instead.

"ISAAC!!" Is all I heard before my world went black and silent.

Railey's POV

I managed to free myself of the table before pulling Isaacs onto it. There were about 4 seconds where he was concise before he breathing stopped and his heart slowed.

He was gone.

And it was his father who did it.

I turned and punched Officer Vines square in the face, taking his gun and aiming it at him. "You killed him!!" I sobbed. "He was your own son and you killed him!!" Another officer went to go near me but I aimed at them and they stopped. They'd taken an innocent kid's life and now I'd take theirs if they moved. "Now now, Riddles. It was for his own good. He raped the Princess of Gotham-"

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT HE DID! HE WAS YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD AND YOU KILLED HIM!!" I looked at Vines again. There was no reaction in hid eyes so I decided to speak in a Riddle he would understand. "You killed a boy who'd commit a crime. But you'll pay for yours this time. At the end of the day, he was an innocent child. So your neck will be slit for the net you've riled."

He was completely confused but it only lasted a few seconds as I shot him a couple times. I then shot the other officers and pulled Isaac over my shoulders, running out with him. The boys have gotta see this. And trust me, they'll help plan a revenge.

Hope this was okay. Cya in the next chapter, bai!
X Caitlin X

Daughter Of Insanityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें