Dad Problems And Serious Talks

I looked at Dad, a little fear showing. "H-Hey, Dad," I smiled. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and asked, "And who, dare I ask, would this bleached blonde behind you be?" The tone of his voice made something in me pang and my defensive side stepped in. "This is Harmony J.Q and she's spending the night here whether you like it or not. Her and Harri had a tiff and I don't trust him not to come after Harmony during the night." He seemed taken aback by how fierce I sounded in my response but simply nodded and took some blankets and two pillows out from the cupboard under the stairs. "Here. The guest room is free if you like it but I'm assuming you'll want to stick with your boyfriend. And don't worry, darling, I don't bite. Only hooks here." Dad told Harmony.

Harmony simply gave a little nod, taking the items and hiding behind me again. Honestly, I don't blame her for hiding. Everything I've told her and she's heard of my father sends shivers down even the bravest VK's spine. Dad went back to the living room and kicked CJ out, saying she could watch the telly in his bedroom. She raced to his room, not even acknowledging the other female here. "Rude," I heard Harmony whisper behind me. Chuckling, I turned around and put my hook under her chin so she looked at me. "My family is not rude, okay? And I have something important to ask you soon. Maybe not today because of what's happened, but soon." I told her. She nodded and the pair of us walked into the living room, shutting the door behind us.

(Was thinking of adding smut but decided against it. Lemme know if you want smut cuz I'm surprisingly good at writing it. Don't ask how I am, I just am.)

I took my hat off and sat on one of the sofas, laying the hat over my face and pretending to be asleep. Harmony let out a small giggle before muttering in my ear, "You better be asleep cuz I'm about to change." What does she think I am, a pervert!? OBVIOUSLY, I didn't look and waited at least five minutes before taking the hat off my face. "How are you so good at these things?" I asked her. She had managed to make a makeshift bed out of the sofa cushions, the blankets she was given and the two pillows. Smiling, she answered, "I dunno, I just am. Come lay with me, it's lonely down here." She had the cute little pout again and I ended up taking my jacket, trousers and boots off, laying next to her in just my shirt and boxers. She blushed lightly and I smirked, running my hook along her chin.

Harmony's POV

Fuck, he's hot! I thought. If I hadn't gone for Harri though, maybe I wouldn't be here. And maybe things would have a different outcome. My eyes flicker to my arm and I frown a little, tearing up as I remember our argument. He said I was a slag and that all I wanted was to mess with every guy on the isle cuz I don't know how to love properly. But if I didn't know how to love properly, how come I was in a relationship for almost 8 years?

I started crying and Harry pulled me into a hug, letting me cry on his chest. "Shh, it's alright, lass, I'm here," He whispered, stroking my hair. Through my tears, I muttered to him, "Harri was right.... I don't know how to love properly. I'm a mess, and I deserved everything he did." I cried even more and Harry wiped away my tears and made me look at him. "Listen to me, darling, you are not a mess. You didn't deserve a single thing that cunt did to you and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure he never does it again. Now, you're an amazing girl and anyone would take a million bullets just to date you. You're smart, funny, drop dead gorgeous and a one of a kind female. Don't you ever let me hear you talk like that about yourself and don't ever let people get you down, understand?

Nodding a little, I rubbed my eyes fiercely with my knuckles, sniffling a little and hugging him tighter. He kept me close, his legs entangled with mine and his hook playing with my hair. I felt safe with Harry. Safer than I've ever been. And it was killing me how much I wanted to call him mine. But he doesn't love me.

He couldn't.

No one can love the daughter of insanity.

Harry's POV

I love Harmony so fucking much and I don't even know what to do. Harri has thrown her off course so much, I don't think she'll ever b=get back to the bubbly princess we all know. Soon her breathing evened and her hold relaxed, telling me she was asleep. "Harmony Joker-Quinn, since the day we first met, I was hopelessly in love with you. I don't know what went wrong between now and then but I promise to make it all right again. To make you happy again. I love you, Princess," I told the sleeping girl. Then I sighed.

"I just wish I had the courage to tell you while you're awake."

CJ's POV

I don't know what I just listened to, but I like it. My big brother's in love! And it's with a psychopath princess! Double win! Trying to be silent, I snuck out the back door and ran as fast as I could to the fish and chip shop. Gil and Uma have to know what's going on. Once I got there, Uma was drying cups and Gil was cleaning tables. "Guys, guys, guys!" I exclaimed, bursting in.

Seeing as no one else was here, they were pretty shocked to see me here. "What is it, CJ?: Gil asked, sounding alarmed. Uma was worried too, "Yeah, what's wrong??" A massive grin spread across my face as I answered, "Harry's just admitted he loves Harmony, but she was fast asleep so she didn't hear it and Harry said he didn't have the courage to tell her while she was awake so we need a way to tell harmony that Harry likes her and oh my god, I need to breathe!" I rushed, gasping at the end.

The two looked flustered but we spent the rest of the night working out a plan that will let Harmony know that Harry loves her, without him having to tell her. I think I fell asleep half way through, though, because when I woke up, I was at home in bed.

1117 WORDS Y'ALL! Told you I was gonna work hard! hope you liked this chapter and I'll cya in the next one (Whenever that is). Bai!
X Caitlin X