Parties Are Such Sweet Sorrow

The party was going great. VK's and AK's were mingling and making friends, the SV's were fitting in or showing off their powers... And I was stuck beside my parents because they couldn't be trusted. Perfect party. "No, Mum! I said already you cant shoot Ben's crown off and give it to me!"   "Dad, please stop trying to see if Mal and Evie's hair are wigs."   "GUYS!" No matter what I said, they wouldn't listen and kept trying to pull some tricks. eventually, falcon and I got them under control by telling them Brandon and Batman were making a special appearance if they kept misbehaving.

Someone's arm immediately snaked itself around my shoulders and I turned to look at Harry. "Having trouble with your parents, Princess?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes, "Don't call me that, Guyliner." We laughed and he walked away suddenly, leaning over the boat to look at the water. Of course, I followed him. "Everything okay?" My voice was soft and gentle for the first time in ages. He nodded a little in response, "Yeah. Just... Confused, in a way."
"Why're you confused, Puddin'?"
"Because Uma promised we'd rule over Auradon by now. And yet I'm still just the VK boy who's head over heels for an SV girl."

His words stung a little. "Is that a bad thing?"
"Of course not! it's just... You're a Princess and you've got people waiting on your hand on foot, doing whatever you ask them to. And I'm-" I cut him off by kissing him. He was a little shocked but kissed back all the same. When we pulled away, I smiled up at him. "You, Guyliner, are my prince charming prepared to take me away from this wretched lifestyle." Again, Harry was shocked, but he was also confused. "Wh-What do you mean?" Rolling my eyes, I laughed a little at his question. "I'm done with the royal life. I'd rather be on the isle," I put my hand in his. "With you."

"How cute!" I jumped at the voice and looked around to see Uma on the other side of the boat. "Uma!" Harry's voice was laced with fear but also excitement as he looked at the teal haired girl. "Hey, Hookie." She rolled her eyes and turned to me. :"So how's the birthday coming along?" She asked curiously. "Good, I suppose." I answered blankly. Just then there was a scream and I was pulled away from the side of the boat by Ben. "What the fuck!? Get off me!!" I yelled, thrashing against him. He held me tight and I watched as Mal and Uma argued back and forth. "Oh please." I kicked Ben in the crotch and he doubled up in pain before I shot at the girls. I missed them of course, but caught their attention. "Can someone explain what the heck is going on before they get filled with lead!?"

My voice was menacing and full of hatred as I looked at the girls. Feeling my eyes change, I quickly held onto any sanity I had left in me, not wanting to hurt anyone. "Uma is trying to steal the wand so she can rule Auradon!" Mal rushed, moving back a little. My gaze turned to Uma who quickly shook her head. "I came here to wish you a happy birthday and hopefully join in the party!" My arm dropped a little but went straight back up when Mal said something to Uma. "What, like your mother?" Uma retorted, earning a bright green glare from the purple-haired female. Some birthday this is. "Hey!" Both girls looked at me. "I don't know what shit went down between you two, but for the sake of the party, can it not start up again!?"

They nodded quickly and I ordered Falcon and Caleb to help Uma out of the water. She was wearing a blue dress that suited her perfectly and her hair was in a tight but cute bun. "Welcome to the party. Don't try and steal anything." I told her before putting my gun away. Well, more like giving it back to dad. The dress I was wearing didn't have any pockets or a matching rucksack. (*Insert that TV laughter*) "Thanks, Dad." He nodded in response before walking away. I ran over to Ben and helped him up. "Sorry about kicking you," I apologized. "It's okay. You stopped a growing problem from happening. So, in reality, I should be sorry for stopping you."
"It's okay."

~~***~~

Soon it was time for the boat to leave. Mum and dad rounded up all the SV'S and made them wait on the dock while I said goodbye to everyone. Mal and Ben were the first, and I thanked than a thousand times for the surprise, and bringing Harry along. "Honestly, Your Highness, it was no trouble. Anytime you need Auradon's help, just let us know." Ben smiled. I laughed and nodded before going through the other guests. Half of them I didn't even know but hey, why not be friendly. Eventually I got to Gil and the poor guy was crying. "Aww, don't cry, Gillyweed," I hugged him and he hugged back tightly. "I'll come visit soon, I promise." He nodded sadly and set to wiping away his tears and helping Uma back into the ocean.

Watching him, I nearly forgot about Harry. Until he hugged me from behind. "Harry..." He spun me round and cut me off quickly. "Shh, it's alright, Princess. Your life is here and mine is there. We're bound to cross paths again." His words comforted me greatly snf I nodded. "I'll go back. Every other week, I'll be on the Isle."
"How about every other month? More exciting then."
"I-I guess..."
My voice broke and Harry hugged me tightly as I cried. I can't leave him, not again.

Harley's POV

I looked up to see my baby crying into that Pirate Boy's chest. This gave me an idea. "Puddin'? Do you think it's possible... For us to move? You, me snd Harmony?" He looked at me like I was insane. Well, more than usual. "And where do you propose we go, huh? We have royal status here and a lifestyle that fits us perfectly."
"But it doesn't. It doesn't and you know that. Now for once can you stop being the Clown King and start being a father and seeing what's best for our little girl!"

At that, Harmony joined us and the boat started to move away. "Aww, Sugar..." I hugged her and she hugged back tightly. I can persuade J. Somehow.

Hope this was okay, cya in the next chapter. Bai!
X Caitlin X