Chapter 6 - Morning Noon and Night

"And you know, he wantent, was-nt even my usual type, I mean he was the one who begged me to go on a hate, I mean date, with him", Holly slurred, taking the last sip from her glass, looking at it and holding it out for him to refill, "Another! - Oh wait", she pointed at Chris and laughed, "Now I'm Thor", she declared. Chris laughed at the reference to his movie and said, "I think you've had enough for tonight, mighty Thor, follow me, you need to sleep". "No, I'm ok", she said, and tried to stand up and attempt to walk in a straight line, stumbling a few times, "Ok, maybe not", she confessed and sat back down on the sofa. "Yep, now hold my hand, I'll show you the guest room", Chris said as he held out his hand for her to hold. She quietly held on, getting up with his help and walking towards the rooms with his supportive arm around her. "There you go, this way, turn left here", he said as he directed her to his guest room. "Heyy! that's from my shop!" she said, pointing at the nightstands. "Yes they are, good eye!", Chris said as he helped her sit down on the bed. "Um, would you like a tshirt or something to change into? I can bring it for you", he said, adjusting the pillows and duvet for her. "No I'm ok", she said, stretching out and lying on the bed. "Goodnight Thor", she said as she closed her eyes and turned to one side. Chris laughed quietly, "Goodnight Holly" as he moved a strand of hair from her face and pulled the duvet over her. He looked at her one last time before turning off the lights and shutting the door behind him. He went back down into the living room and cleared the glasses and the bottle of tequila. He had stopped at three drinks while she had continued till about seven. He arranged everything back into its place and went back upstairs to go to bed.

He lay on his bed thinking about the woman sleeping in the next room. He thought about how adorable she was, when she was drunk. He just wanted to hug her and sleep next to her, make sure she was okay but he knew better. This wasn't something he was going to screw up because he felt impatient. He knew he'll have a chance once the right time came along. He closed his eyes, imagining what she would look like sleeping. Her peaceful face, her slow breathing, her dreams...He smiled, knowing things were falling into place now.

Next morning, Chris woke up really early. It was about 6.20 am. It was a Saturday and he didn't know if Holly had to be in at work. He went to the living room and put on the TV, he was flipping through the news and finally stopped flipping when he saw an episode of Friends come on. He let it play at a soft volume so it wouldn't disturb Holly, who was still asleep in this guest room. He went over to the kitchen and decided to make some breakfast. He put on some coffee and a piece of toast while he made some eggs and turkey bacon. He tried to eat as healthy as possible while he was on breaks from his shoots. He was due to start filming in three months and had a few more weeks before he began training hard and rehearsing.  As his coffee was ready, he poured himself a cup and took his plate and cup back to where Friends was playing. He sat in front of the TV and ate his breakfast. Once he was finished, he took his plate back to the kitchen. He heard "Chris?" in the distance. He yelled back, "In the kitchen!". He turned and saw Holly walk into the kitchen, clutching her cardigan around her. Her hair was messy at the back. Her face was natural and gorgeous. "Good morning!", he said and smiled as he poured another cup of coffee and passed it to her. "Good morning, she smiled back, clutching the cup he gave her. "Milk and sugar?" he asked, to which she shook her head. "I'm really sorry about last night", she said, sipping her coffee. "What? No! You were really fun. I should get you drunk more often" he said. "Do you want some breakfast? I made some turkey bacon and scrambled eggs with toast" he asked. She replied, "No, thanks, I'm ok, I'm just going to go home", and she passed him the empty cup of coffee.

"Are you sure? You should eat something. You've had quite a bit to drink last night" he said, trying to convince her one more time. She groaned and held her face in her hands, "I'm so embarrassed, please don't remind me, unfortunately I didn't drink enough to blank out the grand evening". Chris came upto her and pulled her hands away and held them, "Holly, you have no reason to feel embarrassed, we all go through this, you needed to blow off some steam, and you did. Now, you can forget about everything and move on with your life right? Besides, I haven't been that entertained in a long time, you are a really funny drunk, it was adorable". Chris smiled, thinking about the previous night. "Thanks for making me feel better. I know it was totally inappropriate and I mean we are working together and I -" "Holly!! relax!! and also, we are friends, we don't work together anymore, now we're just friends, and people get drunk with friends and have a good time. It is totally appropriate" He said, trying again to make her feel comfortable. "Thanks Chris. For being there for me yesterday, but I really should go, I need to go to work, I have a meeting with a client and a busy busy day ahead", Holly got up from the stool and grabbed her purse. "Ok, I'll drop you home" Chris said as he moved to grab his wallet and keys. "No, I'll just take a cab, I'll call for one", she said and tried to look for her phone in her purse and remembered that she threw it the previous day. "Uh, can I borrow your phone?", she asked, sheepishly. "Nonsense. I'm gonna drop you home", Chris said and smiled as they both made their way to the door. "Chris really, you've done enough, I'll just -". "Will you just come on already?" Chris interrupted her as he opened the door and gestured her to go first.

"Hey, so I just got my new phone. Just wanted to say thanks again. - H". He received the text just as he was taking a small water break. He read it and immediately text back, "No problem at all, I'm here if you ever need to talk or get drunk again". He kept his phone on the side as he went back to his martial arts training. After a long session with his trainer, Chris went home to get changed and meet with his producers about his upcoming film 'Avengers 2'. He was waiting for Will to come and pick him up for his meeting as he clicked a picture of the view from his deck and tweeted it. He got a text from Will saying he was waiting outside. Chris ran through his living room and out the door. He jumped in the car and they drove off. "So, do you know what the meeting's about?", Chris asked. "No, maybe just want to discuss the schedule or sequence of filming or something, don't think its anything major.", Will shrugged. "K" Chris said, as he put some music on. "So, what's going on with Holly now? What happened after I left?", Will asked. "Nothing, she was sitting at the beach and I invited her back and we were drinking and she got drunk and went to bed", Chris said. "She slept in the guest room, alone, fully clothed, before you ask me anything else" He said quickly. "I wasn't going to ask you, but thanks for the information anyway.", Will smirked, "Are you going to ask her out? now that she's single? because you know you have to tell me these things right?", Will said. "No, for the hundredth time, I'm not ready to date and I don't think she is either, I mean give the lady 24 hours to be single at least!" Chris said. "Ok. No need to get defensive now", Will said.

"What the hell? How can they change the filming dates now?", Chris said angrily to Will as they were driving back. His meeting was over and he was not pleased. The schedule was moved because of a location availability and now it was clashing with the 'Snow White and the Huntsman 2' dates which were scheduled right after that. His 'SWH2' dates was planned almost a year in advance, and he was filming with a big cast, each having very specific dates due to their busy schedules. There was no way he was going to be able to change those. "I'll have a chat with them again, don't worry, they will have to find a way because it is their responsibility and they had confirmed those dates with me", Will said, "Worst case scenario is that you'll be starting some of the scenes next month, when they do have the location available, and then the rest after 3 months". "Sometimes this industry makes me crazy", Chris said as he calmed down.

Chris came home to find Liam already there. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Chris said when he saw Liam in his living room. "Hey man, Aria's having some measurement's taken at home, she wanted to change a few things around, she read some Feng Shui stuff last week and has been obsessing over it, and I needed time away" Liam said as his eyes were glued on the TV. Chris laughed, "She's changing stuff in your house? Next thing you know, she'll be moving in, maybe you want to have a talk with her, man". "No way, she's not even thinking that, she's doing this cause she thinks its some good energy thing. Besides, I'm off to Paris next week for 2 months, plus shes going to be recording so things will be slow for a while anyway" Liam said, with a shrug. "Yeah well, you know best." Chris said as he took a bottle of water and went to his room. He sat on the chair with his laptop and began to answer back some tweets and respond to some comments.

After dinner, Chris was talking to his mom Leonie, telling her about his filming schedule and about Sophie and his house when he got a text notification on his phone. He waited to finish the conversation with his mom, before he read it. He opened the text and read it was from Holly. "Hey, so I wanted to take you up on your get-together and talk offer, it's Sunday so I'm guessing you are free tomorrow? Brunch at 11? x H". Chris checked his schedule, he had planned to jog early morning and had a training session at the gym at 9 so 11 sounded just great. He text back, "Hey, 11 sounds perfect. I'll pick you up". Chris smiled as he thought of his friendly-date the next day. He was really happy. He liked that Holly trusted him, she felt like she could talk to him. He was meeting his trainer the next day to plan his workouts and diet for Avengers. He knew he had a lot of hard work cut out for him the next few months. He knew meeting Holly once his back-to-back filming and travelling started would be impossible, he didn't like the timing of the things in his life, and once again convinced himself that nothing was going to happen with Holly. Then just like that he fell asleep.