Chapter 19 - Whiplash

"I need some time Chris"...the last words he heard before Holly hung up. The words kept ringing in his head over and over. He sat in his trailer with his head in his hands bend over. He couldn't concentrate on anything, his felt like his heart was beating at the speed of light. He had barely got a chance to talk to Holly for the past two weeks and now this. He spoke to Joss to reschedule some of the scenes to get a few days off. He had to go back to LA. He wasn't going to give up, especially because of a misunderstanding.

Chris landed back at 2 in the morning and he went straight home. He was trying to figure out how to fix things with Holly during the entire 28 hours he spent getting home. Will had sent a car to pick him up and take him straight home. Chris was barely able to sleep, the thoughts of meeting Holly kept him awake. He wasn't sure if she was going to be happy or angry or upset and he was playing each of the scenarios in his head over and over again. he felt guilty for not having told Holly about what happened but a part of him felt angry that she was making a big deal about something that hadn't even happened. He was upset about the fact that she didn't trust him, if she could believe the things people said, over him, what did that say about their relationship? Then he thought again, what if it was her in a photo with another guy, how would he have reacted? The images of Holly's face flashed in his head every time he closed his eyes, and the he saw only a slight bit of light peering through the opening of the shabbily drawn curtains. He got up and decided to go for a run to clear his head.

He started running, along the road, heading towards a secluded beach but somewhere along the way, he managed to run all the way to Holly's house. He waited down patiently, he knew she would be heading to work any minute now. Leaned back on her car in the parking lot for a few minutes but then started pacing along the side of the car. He jumped when he heard the car beep as the doors unlocked with Holly standing behind him, in shock.

"Chris?", she said, staring at him. "Hi, I uh, I had to see you", Chris said as he took his sunglasses off and looked in her eyes. "What is...what are you doing here?", Holly replied, still in shock. "I took a few days off. I needed to be here", Chris said, stepping in front just inches away from here. "Can we please go up and talk?", he asked politely. "I'm sorry Chris, my parents are upstairs and I need to get to my appointment", Holly said, moving away and opening the door of her car. "K I'm sorry I didn't....will you have lunch with me?", he asked persistently. "Ok, can I meet you at your place? i don't want to do this in public", Holly said, keeping her bag in the passenger seat of her car. Chris face lit up. "Yeah, see you at 12?", he said again, smiling. Holly smiled back and said. "Okay". She sat in her car and then suddenly rolled the window down, "Do you need a ride back?", she asked. Chris smiled and went over to the passenger side, sitting down.

"I missed you", he said mumbled, looking down at his lap. "I missed you too", Holly said. He looked up as she looked at him. "I'm really sorry Hol, about all this", Chris said waving his hands around. "I know", Holly said softly, "I'm sorry too, I just got a little shocked at first, and then I was angry, but i realized that it's probably not the last time something like this is going to happen if we're together, so either I have to just move past it or let it break us up.", she said, leaving Chris confused about what she decided. They stopped in the traffic. She looked at him. "You were right, either I trust you or I don't, and at the end of it all....", she moved closer to him and whispered, "I trust you." She leaned in and kissed him.

He felt his heart slow down for the first time in days. He grabbed onto her and pulled her towards him, as much as her seat belt allowed. "Ow", she said into the kiss as she felt her seat belt tug, and they both started laughing. She suddenly grabbed her phone and dialed a number. "Hello? Hi. I was just on my way but i'm having some trouble with my car", she turned and winked at Chris, flashing an impish smile, "I'm going to have to wait for AA to come and it seems like they're gonna have to tow the car so can we reschedule? I'm really sorry". Chris covered his mouth as he laughed into it. Car trouble? Cliche much? "Thanks so much. I'll call you later today to fix another time...alright....you too....bye". She hung up and dodged the traffic and exited at the first exit, speeding away to Chris'.