Chapter 22 - KaBoom

"Thanks Ted....yeah....no, I can't but maybe in 3 weeks or so.....sounds great....sure I'll mail it to you....ok....bye", Holly said, hanging up her phone. She had finally hired a great manager for her New York store and was back in LA since a week. Chris was back from London since 3 weeks and was busy with his filming at the studio in LA. Holly started fishing for emails to be forwarded to her manager Ted in New York when Chris walked in the room. "Can you please get off your laptop", Chris said, with a irritated tone in his voice. "Chris, I have to get this done.", Holly replied. "Well, you can do it tomorrow, Ted isn't going to do anything with the emails now anyway.", Chris persisted. "Chris, I want him to have them by the time he starts work, 3 hours before we do", Holly said, her eyes glued to the screen. Chris walked over, and with a finger, just pushed the laptop screen shut. "Chris!!!", Holly shouted, with her hands in the air. "What the hell? I am working!!!!", she screamed. "I came here, so be with you, If you were going to work, I would have spent the time with the guys, I'm not going to sit around here while you do your stuff", Chris yelled. "Fine then..Go!", Holly screamed, snatching her laptop from Chris and setting it at the table. "Fine!", Chris said and stormed out of the room.

A few hours later, Holly stared at her phone for a minute and took a deep breath before she dialed Chris' number. She set it back next to her bed after hearing that it was switched off. Chris and her had been getting into this same fight since he got back from London. Why did she have to prioritize him and not her work when he was off filming at all hours? How could he expect her to be avaiable just because he had some free time? Why was his work more important than hers? She argued in her head, trying to justify herself. She was slowly drifting off to sleep when suddenly she got a phone call from Aria. "Hello?", she said in her sleepy voice. "Hol,....Chris....Liam.....", she said, mumbling the rest of the words as she was crying into the phone. "Aria, what happened?", Holly said, her eyes flying open and jumping out of the bed as she heard Aria. "I....It's bad....They were in an accident....I'm at Cedars Sinai", Aria managed and then burst into sobs again. "I'll be there in 15", Holly said, running towards her closet to put on a pair of pants.

Holly sped towards the hospital, Aria's words still ringing in her head, she had no idea what was going on and she felt a pit in her stomach growing by the second. She felt tears running down her cheek, hoping Chris and Liam were ok. She pulled into the parking and ran into the building, trying to find someone who would direct her to where they were. She caught hold of a nurse in the passageway, "Chris Hemsworth, where is he?", she asked, in a threatening tone. "I'm sorry miss, I can't help you", she said, lifting her hands almost protectively. Holly let her go and searched for someone else when she saw a mob of people surrounding the nurses station. She ran towards it, not caring who clicks pictures and what they write. She managed to find a nurse and ask her for Chris' location. The nurse responded, "Sorry, miss, family only", and walked away, not saying anything. Holly quickly walked away from the mob and dialed Aria. "What floor?", she said, before Aria could even say anything. "6th, room 606 ", Aria said. "On my way", Holly said and hung up again. Holly quickly stepped into an elevator and tapped her foot impatiently till it reached the 6th floor. She looked around again, trying to read directions to the room. She was met by security at the corridor outside his room. She looked at them and said, "I need to see Chris". "Sorry ma'am, we can't let you enter", one guy said. "I am his girlfriend! I NEED to see him dammit!", she screamed and tried to make her way in, only to be blocked by the guard. "You are not authorized to go in", another guard said. Just then, having heard the commotion, Aria opened the door from inside. "Holl", she said and jumped at Holly. "She's ok", Aria said and pulled Holly inside. Holly saw Josh, Dylan and Lucas sitting inside, with worried looks on their faces. "I'm sorry", Josh said and hugged Holly. "We were all at Mr. Massetti's and a car just came from nowhere. Some drunk guy drove them over, Chris tried to get Liam out of the way and they both were hit. They are in surgery, Liam's left arm is shattered and a fractured clavicle and Chris has 2 broken ribs and a dislocated hip. We've spoken to the police and the guy has been arrested. The police will come back later to take their statements as well.", Josh said, speaking quietly but surely. Holly nodded as tears flowed from her cheek. She felt terrible for fighting with Chris, the fight seemed so stupid now.