Chapter 12 - Tick Tock

Chris stared at the paper Will handed to him. It was his schedule for the next few months. He was starting rehearsals for Avengers 2 and was going to start filming in a month. He had already begun his diet and training for it. Chris sipped his protein packed milkshake and looked at Will. "Are you kidding? I have a bunch of 16 hour shoot days?". Will shrugged and said, " You're Thor, this is the job man". Chris just looked back at the sheet trying to see when he had his days off or in L.A when he would be back with Holly. He saw he was going to be out for a 2 month block before having 5 days to come back. Chris exhaled and finished his drink. "So I think I'm going to ask her out", he said looking at Will. Will's eyes popped and he said with a smile, "Holly?" And received a nod from Chris. "That's great man, wait so you're gonna date her for a month and then leave for the next 3 months and then again for the next 3 months for Snow White?", he asked, confused. Chris replied, "I haven't worked out the details but I know I have to tell her before I leave". "Wow, who else knows?", Will asked. Chris smiled and replied, "Only Aria and you, and I've told her not to tell Liam, he'll mess things up and that goes for you too. I'll tell Liam once she agrees to go out with me". "This is exciting mate, I'm happy for you. Tell me once you guys figure it out cause I'll have to speak to Robin to keep the press release ready". Chris nervously smiled and nodded.

Chris spent his day going through the script for the film, trying to identify any questions he had about the scenes of the lines before his first rehearsal the next day. He was distracted by thoughts of how he was going to ask her, what he would say, when he would say it, and then he thought about the possible ways she would tell him that they were just friends and she did'nt want to ruin that, or she would say that it was too soon after Adam, or that it was too soon after Sophie and she didn't want to be a rebound, maybe she would not want to date someone which such a public life, there were a million reasons Chris thought Holly would say no if he asked her out. He paced his office, mainly because it still didn't have a table but also because he could not get the thoughts is Holly out of his mind. He breathed deeply and walked to his deck and called Tom for his advice. "Hey mate, how's it going?", Chris said as Tom answered. "Hi! Good, and you? I heard the rehearsals start tomorrow?", "Yeah, been going over the script. I actually wanted to talk about Holly, I was thinking of asking her out but I'm not sure if its a good idea, I mean I'm going to be ridiculously busy for the next 6 months with Avengers and then Snow White, I don't want to start a relationship with this stress but I feel like if I don't say something now, she may not even be single after 6 months, I can't exactly ask her to wait ri-", "Chris my friend you are over thinking this. First off, I know she likes you, I mean what's not to love? Secondly, it may not be as hard as you think, she can visit you, you can visit her, why don't you let her decide if its too hard for her or not, and thirdly, if she does like you and she does want to be with you, 6 months is really not a lot, she will wait if you don't want to do the long-distance thing, I mean, I get it, its not for everyone. So, think about what you want, you still have a month before location right? So, that's long in Hollywood time, see how it goes before you decide she doesn't want to be with you". "Arrgghh you're right, I don't know why I just can't think straight right now, I'm really confused and nervous and I just don't want to mess this up", Chris said. "You won't, and from what I felt when I met her, she won't let this affect your friendship either, she's quite straight forward, no games, no drama, mature kind of girl, you'll be fine. If you want to ask her, just do it and don't think too much", Tom said, instilling confidence in a very anxious and confused Chris. "Ok, I'm going to do it. I'm gonna ask her. If she says no, then I'll deal with that later". Chris said, feeling much better after his chat. "Great. Call me and let me know how it goes", Tom said, "Yeah I will, thanks mate", "Oh no problem at all, have a good rehearsal, bye", Tom said and hung up. Chris went back to his office and sat on the chair, and thought about Holly for a quick minute before plunging back into the extensive script he had to memorize.

Chris walked into 'Sanctuaire' during his lunch break, he had a slightly longer break because the Joss and some of the studio executives were going over some production details. He was surprising Holly for lunch and was going to tell her then. He figured, he should do it as soon as possible so they can spend time together before he leaves.  Holly saw him through her office and quickly hung up the phone and rushed to meet him, with a giant smile on her face. "Hi!!! what are you doing here?", she said as she almost jumped and hugged him. "Hi to you too, just thought I'll take you to lunch?", Chris replied releasing her. "Oh perfect timing, I'm starving! let me get my stuff". She grabbed her bag quickly from her office and came back out. He put on his sunglasses as they got into his car. They drove up to Cafe M and took a seat at a table which was hidden from the main entrance. She got some sushi and Chris ordered a black cod curry bowl and ate as Chris complained about his diet and his rehearsals. He was already slightly bulkier than before. His graphic white tshirt was constricting his biceps. Holly was telling him that her parents were coming to visit soon and she suggested he meet them too. After lunch Chris was driving Holly back to her store when he suddenly took a detour, and Holly yelled out, "Where are you going? its that way!". Chris remained quiet. "What are you doing? Are you kidnapping me Hemsworth?", she asked, trying to figure out what was going on. Chris said, "I have to tell you something", as he continued driving. "What? and where are you going? Chris this is really creepy", She said, feeling her stomach flip. Chris pulled into a parking space just off an empty beach. "What's going on Chris?", she asked yet again. Chris turned towards her and grabbed her hand and said, "Hol, we've known each other for a a while now. I've loved spending time with you and for a while I've been feeling that you mean more than a friend to me. I really like you, a lot and I want to be with you and do whatever it takes to keep you happy. I think you feel the same way so will you go out with me, like on a proper date?". Chris looked into her eyes, leaning closer. Holly just look slightly stunned as he was speaking those words. There was a hint of a smile on her face which slowly grew to a full grin. "I, uh, . I-", and before she could say anything more, he kissed her passionately, like he's been wanting to since a long time. As they came up for air she said, "Yes, I will" and dived back in again.

It was three days after he's asked her that they had found the time to execute their date. Chris had been planning it since she had said yes. Between his rehearsal schedules and his training sessions he had finally got one night off to take Holly out. He wore a grey suit with a white shirt, left the first button open, and tied his now long hair into a ponytail. He drove to Holly's apartment to pick her up. She  answered the door wearing a long black and white dress with a slit up to her thigh. Her hair was straightened and fell almost up to her elbows. She smiled and hugged him and closed the door behind her. They got into the car and drove off for the secret date he had planned. "Chris, at least now tell me where are going?", she said. "Nope", he replied without a thought. "How was your day?", she said when she realized he was not going to tell her. "Was good, going over some scenes and trying out some of the funny bits so we get it right. I ran lines with Evans and Renner today, tomorrow is with Scarlett. There are some pretty funny scenes in the film, I think its even better than the first one", Chris said. "Wow, its suddenly hitting me that I'm on a date with a movie star/Avenger", Holly said, smiling to herself. Chris laughed, "You are on a date with an Avenger, hence the secret location baby", he said and winked at her. She blushed, it was the first time he's called her 'baby', and she really liked it. "Ok, we are here, and be careful while walking", he said as he got out of the car and opened her door. "She looked around as she got out of the car and straightened her dress. It was dark, they were at a pier with dim lighting and a boat at the end. "Oh wow Chris, this is beautiful!", she said. "Atleast wait till we get there silly", He said, offering his arm to her as they walked down the pier. She grabbed on to the railing and stepped onto the boat. She was led inside by a hostess and was followed by Chris. She walked onto a small deck with a table laid out for them. She sat in the chair Chris had pulled for her and he sat opposite her. "Ok I'm saying it again, this is soo beautiful Chris, really, I mean, it's stunning", she said, looking out into the ocean and back at Chris who was smiling in the candle light. A waiter served them some champagne and brought out the food course wise as they sat laughing and talking and staring at each other. After dinner, Chris moved his chair closer to her's and held her hand as they quietly soaked up the moment. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. "I'm really happy we did this", he said. "Me too. It's the best date I've ever been on Chris. It is absolutely perfect". "No, not yet", he said as he turned to the waiter and nodded his head. Holly heard some music playing in the background as Chris stood up, still holding her hand, pulling her up with him. She stood close to him and he put his arms around her and swayed slowly to the music staring deep into her eyes.