Chapter 28 - Workaholic Part 2

Holly walked back in the room. She had gone down to check if Chris had really left, and he had. Holly sat on the bed and pulled her phone from the charger and dialed Chris; but of course he didn't answer. She tried again and this time, his phone was unavailable. She knew he was going to Liam's so she sent Liam a text, "Hey, sorry to disturb you so late but I think Chris is on his way over to yours, can you please ask him to call me or switch his phone on? I need to speak with him. Thanks". She waited for a few minutes, hoping Liam would wake up when Chris got there and read the text but she had no such luck. She was panicking, wondering where Chris was, if he was out, or worse, drinking and driving. She tried his phone several times, hoping that maybe he turned it on but he hadn't. She sent a text to Aria as well, maybe she would reply. A few minutes later, Aria's name flashed on the screen and Holly quickly answered. "Hey, just got your text, is everything ok", Aria asked, Holly broke down and started sobbing but managed to say, "Chris and I fought....he left....is he with you?". "Uh, no, Liam and I are in Vegas right now, we came here a few hours ago. I'll ask Liam to call Chris and find out and Hol, don't cry, you guys will be fine, he loves you, you'll work it out, I'm sure.", Aria said, trying to sooth Holly. "I hope so. I just need to speak to him", she said, sniffling. "You will, just give it some time, let him be ready to speak to you", Aria said, over the noise behind her, which reminded Holly that Aria was probably busy. "Thanks Ari, just let me know if Chris calls please. Have fun", Holly said and hung up after saying goodbye.

        She walked back down to the living room, she wasn't going to get sleep anytime soon, she was to worried and upset to go to sleep. She flipped channels till she found one playing 'The Notebook' and left it on, crying often, realizing how much she loved Chris and what she was ready to do to be with him. The fight suddenly seemed so stupid to her, cutting back on work or going to a movie premier for Chris, to make him happy were barely even sacrifices. She quickly got her iPad and cancelled the ticket to New York. She was not going to leave the city like this. She needed to make up for her schedule. She had to apologize and just tell him how much he means to her. She tried calling him again, and this time his phone rang but he didn't answer, so she figured she'd leave a voice mail for him, "Chris, please come home. I'm sorry and I love you", she said and then hung up, hoping  he would answer. She suddenly got a feeling in her stomach and decided to go down to the beach, she had and intuition that she'd find him there and she saw him sitting on the sand near the lifeguard shack under a light. She felt so happy and relieved and she almost ran toward him. He turned to see who was coming and looked back towards the sea when he saw her. "How did you know where I was", he said, calmly. "I had a feeling and also, I know you", she answered and sat next to him. Chris didn't say anything, he just pulled his legs in and rest back on his elbows. Holly looked at him as a few tears started to fall and suddenly his heart melted. "I'm sorry", she managed before Chris hugged her. "I'm sorry too", he said and held her tight. "Don't torture me like this again", she said, into his pajama shirt and banged her fist on his back. "I won't I'm sorry.", he said. Holly and Chris sat there without saying anything more, just hugging each other will they saw a faint orange line in the horizon. "Let's go home", he said, slowly pulling her off him. Holly nodded, stood up and slapped the sand off her pajamas as Chris did the same.

        "We need to talk", Holly said as they washed their feet on the deck before walking in. "Do you want to sit here or go in?", he asked. "Whatever, I just need coffee", she said, shaking her head and giving a half smile. Chris smiled and said, "I'll go get the coffee, you decide where you want to sit", Chris said, walking towards the kitchen. Holly sat on the patio chairs outside, feeling the cool morning breeze, staring out into the orange-pink sunrise. It was the perfect setting to resolve a fight, no one can stay angry in this surrounding. Chris came back with the coffees and placed them down and sat on the chair next to Holly. "You were right", she said, looking at Chris. "I don't want to not see you everyday and spend time with you everyday, I mean, that's the reason I wanted to live with you to begin with. Nothing is more important to me than you and I don't want to lose you over a few hours at work or movie premiers", she said, wiping the tears from her eyes as she spoke. Chris took her hand in his and said, "Hol, I know you love your work and I would never ask you to stop or cut down. It's not going to be easy with us both having busy schedules but we'll make it work, I don't expect you to or want you to put my career over yours, just promise me that we'll both make time for each other whenever we can.", he said, looking into Holly's eyes. Holly just jumped up and hugged him, climbing on him and sitting on his lap. Chris held her as she whispered, "I promise. I love you". "I love you. I don't know what I'd do without you", he replied. "I'm not going anywhere", she said, and kissed him.

        "I have a busy day today but I'm going to be back here at 7. Can you take tomorrow off? We can do our stay in break", she said, putting the eggs on the plate as Chris waited for the toast to be done. "You are in New York tomorrow hun", he said, as the toast popped out. "Nope, I am taking a break, hopefully with you. New York can wait", she said, putting the pan in the sink. "You cancelled New York?", he said, with a smile on his face. "Yeah", she said, coming over and sitting on the stool, facing Chris. "Oh my God? That's...amazing, ok, I'm going to take the day off tomorrow. I can practice my Scottish accent with u...in bed", Chris said and winked, making Holly laugh.

        Holly walked in the house at 7 sharp. "Chris?", she yelled, shutting the main door. She didn't get a reply so she walked up to their room, assuming he was there, watching TV or in the bathroom. She opened the door to a dark but cool room, She switched on the light and saw a light pink strapless satin dress lying on the bed with a little note. She smiled and walked over to read, "Hey Babe, picking you up at 8, be ready x C". She smiled and picked out her accessories and decided to go for a shower. At 8, Chris rang the doorbell. Holly was already waiting in the living room for him, knowing he won't be late. She opened the door to find him in a dark suit, his hair was gelled back and he looked amazing. "Hey!", he said and kissed her quickly before saying, "You look amazing". "Thank you, my boyfriend picked it out", she said, twirling for him, as he chuckled and said, "He has good taste". Holly took his arm and walked to his car and got in as he held the door for her. She laughed when he got in and said, "You hired a car? this is crazy, where are we going? I feel like I'm on a first date, I have the butterflies and everything", she said, looking him. "That's good right? We are going to the Getty Center, it's going to be open an hour extra today and have dinner there, they are setting a private table for us.", he said.

        "Oh my God Chris look at that", Holly said, looking out from the observatory. The city of LA shone in front of them with a golden glow. Chris came over behind Holly and places his hands on the railings on either side of her. "Wow, it's such a great city", he said. "It's amazing, right, so many people living such different lives, and being a part of a city that has so much to offer.", Holly said, turning in between Chris' arms. "I love it", Holly said, hugging him. "I love you", he replied and hugged her back. "let's get a picture", she said, fidgeting with her purse. "Here", Chris said, pulling his phone out and clicking on the camera app. Holly came close to Chris and smiled as Chris held one arm out and clicked a picture. "One more", he said, stretching his arm out again and bent down and kissed her cheek. Holly just burst out laughing. Chris laughed too and checked the photo. "Oh look at this, its so cute, you look so happy", he said, showing her the picture where she was laughing while he was kissing her cheek. "Send that to me. I love it", she said, kissing him. "Hungry? the table's ready", he said, looking at her. "Let's go", she said, grabbing on to Chris' arm as they walked inside.

        "How did you plan this in one day?", she asked, finishing her glass of wine. "Eh, this stuff is not that tough anymore, one benefit of being recognized I guess? More wine?", he asked, lifting the bottle and tilting it before Holly replied. "Why sir, you seem to want to get me drunk", Holly said, cocking an eyebrow. "Maybe", he said, laughing. "Ok, but its because this is my favourite wine and I want this glass but after this, we'll go back home", she said, feeling flushed already. "Sounds good to me", he said, pouring the rest of the bottle into his glass, filing it half way.

        Chris and Holly entered the house laughing uncontrollably. "I can't believe you couldn't get the key int he door", she said and laughed even harder. "Hey! It's a little difficult when I'm drunk", he said, kicking his shoes off and walking in. He came closer and supported Holly as she took her heels off and carried them in her hand as they walked up to their room. "That was such an amazing date. Thank you", Holly said cupping Chris' face in her hand as he took his jacket off and sat on the bed. "Anything for you", he replied and pulled her down on his lap and kissed her. He slowly reached to the zipper on the back of her dress and pulled her down, still kissing her. Holly ran her fingers through his hair and the dress scrunched up to her thighs as she sat on his lap. Chris started to unbutton his shirt and Holly helped him with it. Holly reached down to his trousers and unbuttoned it, while Chris picked her up and sat her on the bed where he was sitting. He broke the kiss for a quick minute as he threw his shirt on the floor and pulled his pants down. He picked up Holly again and set her in the middle of the bed, and pulled her dress off and lay on top of her. Holly smiled and ran her hands over his chest as he kissed her neck and shoulders moving downward.

Sorry this is slightly short but I promise the next chapter will be longer x