Chapter 25 - New York, New York

Holly clicked the button on the side of the bed, and stretched her feet as the curtains opened and let the bright morning light in. She heard Chris groan beside her and saw him dig his face back in the pillow. "Rise and shine handsome", she said and kissed his head. "Holiday", he said in a deep gravely voice. "Yeah but we're in New York and there is so much to do!", she answered as she put one arm around his torso and propped up on an elbow. He grunted again and tried to pull the blanket over his eyes. Holly slowly used one foot to stoke his leg under the blanket and hugged him a little tighter, slipping her hand under the blanket over his bare chest. "Mmmm" he hummed and smiled a little. "Common Chris", Holly said, climbing on top of him slowly and straddling him. She bent down and started kissing his neck and shoulder, and suddenly he turned her over and pinned her on the bed, looking at her and smiling. "Goodmorning", he said and leaned in and kissed her quickly before sliding off the bed and raising his arms for a stretch. Holly laughed and got out of bed, and walked into the bathroom.

"Yeah, definitely.....of course.....I know right?....yeah I will...take care, bye", Holly said and hung up her phone. "That was Kayla, she is getting married next month. She was calling to invite us. It's at vinyard and she's going to send the invitation this week. So, are you going to be free on the 12th and 13th to be my plus one?", Holly asked and smiled. Chris laughed and responded, "Napa with you? Is the pope Catholic?" Holly laughed and grabbed his hand. "Ok, I'm done with breakfast, let's go to the store, I'll just finish up with my work, I'll be 20 mins and then we can do whatever you want to do", Holly said. "Ok, let's do that. Oh, and I think Evans is coming to New York tomorrow, and he was asking if we were free for dinner or something but I didn't know if we wanted to meet people or just be the two of us so...", Chris said. "No, yeah sure we can meet him, unless you don't want to, I'm ok either way", Holly replied. "Ok, I'll call him tomorrow in the morning and we'll see what we feel like and decide, okay?", Chris asked. "Yeah sounds perfect, now find me a taxi please", Holly said, stepping out from the lobby of the hotel and onto the pavement, fishing for her sunglasses in her bag.

 Chris and Holly walked in the store, just off Madison Avenue, Chris looked around a bit while Holly went straight into the office to sign a few papers and check on any problems, which there seemed to be. Chris looked at her through the glass window and smiled to himself, he loved her passion for her work, it made him want to be just as passionate, she inspired him to work harder and focus on work and helped him through the times he felt like it was too tough. Without actively trying, she helped him when he was in between movies or far away, working long hours for days together without a break, she pulled him through by being just who she is. Chris sat down on one of the sofa's and clicked a selfie and tweeted it, waiting for Holly to finish up her work. Suddenly he got a call from Will. Holly watched him talking on the phone as she left the office and walked towards him. He smiled nervously and continued his conversation. As soon as he hung up, he looked at Holly with a guilty look. "What?", Holly said, trying to read him. "Uh, Will called, he asked me if I could fit in some work tomorrow", Chris said. "Yeah, what work?", Holly replied, as she sat next to him. "Uh, a talk show, there is a spot on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, and its being shot tomorrow at 4. I'm sorry babe, I have to do it. I have to be at the studio at 2.30 and will be done at 5.", Chris said, his face full of guilt and apology. Holly smiled wide and said, "Wow, sounds really fun. Do you need a groupie?" Chris laughed and said, "Are you serious? You're not upset?". "No! why would I be upset? So you have some work, and it sounds really fun. Tell Will you'll do it, then we can go find you something nice to wear", Holly said, wiggling her eyebrows. "I love you. I hate shopping but I love you", Chris said as he dialed Will.

"Come out and show me", Holly said, leaning against the wall in front of the dressing room at Gucci. Chris walked out and moved his arms around, to check the fitting. Holly let out a slow whistle, causing Chris to blush and laugh. "Wait", Chris said, slipping the jacket off and pulling on a waist coast. "With or without the vest?", Chris asked, putting the jacket back on. "With", Holly said, nodding her head and smiling. "You look hot Hemsworth", she said, as he turned to the mirror and looked at himself. "Thank you baby, so do you", he said, looking at her and winking. "Yep, the lady like this one", Chris said to the attendant he walked back in the dressing room to change. Chris walked out with the clothes in his hand and handed it to the attendant. Chris walked back out as he saw Holly admiring the dresses. "Babe, you should try them on", Chris said. "You know what, I will", Holly said as she requested her size for a few dresses and walked to the dressing room, followed by Chris. Holly stepped out from behind the door and did a little twirl for Chris who seemed to be speechless. She was wearing a black beaded fitted gown with a plunge neck. "Wow..you look...sooo sexy", Chris said, smirking. "Mmm..so yes then?", Holly replied, smirking back. Chris chuckled and nodded, "Yes, a big yes, in capital letters", he said. "Ok, let me try the other one", she said, walking back in the room. She stepped out in a fitted white dress, ending just above her knee, with the straps joined near her chest, going on either side of her neck. "Capital letters yes as well. You look stunning", Chris said as she twirled. "Ok, and the last one...", Holly said as she stepped back into the room. She walked out wearing a gold lame one shoulder gown. "Yes to all three. We'll take all 3", Chris said to the attendant. "I don't know, does the gold look too much?", Holly asked, looking in the mirror. "No! It really looks amazing, your eyes look like liquid gold and it just looks fantastic", Chris answered. "OK, we'll take them, might as well collect a few for your glamorous red carpet moments, I will have to look nice so the world doesn't think you're blind", Holly said, from inside the dressing room. Chris laughed. "You can wear a paper bag and still look stunning, did you forget my reaction when we first met?", Chris said, just as she opened the door. Holly chuckled and said, "Yes, I remember that. It was so cute.", as she handed the clothes to the attendant. "Where to next? Let's get something for tomorrow as well shall we?", Chris said, handing his credit card to the cashier. Chris took the bags from them and walked out with Holly on the street.