Chapter 16 - Between Love and Goodbye

Chris woke up before Holly. He slowly opened one eye catching a glance of Holly's brown hair scattered near him. He threw his arm across and pulled her close to him, smiling as he heard her make a cute noise. He nuzzled his face in her neck, moving her hair aside. He kissed a spot on her neck, which made her twitch with pleasure. He continued kissing and breathing on her neck, setting her on a sensual roller coaster. "Morning" he said, as she let out a small moan. Holly turned around smiling and kissed him as she moved to sit on his hips, straddling him. She kept kissing and running her hands down his chest, feeling him grow underneath her. "Good morning", she said and got up suddenly and left the bed. "Are you serious?", Chris called out from the bed as Holly went into the bathroom, giving no answer back. "That is totally not fair", Chris said, still not receiving a reply. "You can't do this to me today Hol", Chris said once more, as he walked toward the bathroom. He knocked and pushed the door to reveal Holly undressing for the shower. "Excuse me!!", Holly said, her eyes wide with shock and her arms flying for a towel to cover herself. Chris laughed and walked over to her, saying "Oh please, it's not like there's much to see". Holly's eyes grew wider as she gasped as she tried to playfully kick Chris, still holding on to the towel around her. "You know I'm kidding babe. You're so cute, I love you", Chris said quickly, kissing her cheek. Chris froze once he heard the words that just came out of his mouth. He looked around nervously, trying to figure out if Holly heard it. Holly stared at Chris, replaying the last 5 seconds, doubting herself if Chris really said that he loved her. She saw Chris frozen and nervous, she had never seen him like this before. She slowly kissed him, keeping it short and quick and softly whispered, "I love you too" as she looked deep into his baby blue eyes, watching them sparkle. Chris breathed in deeply and shook his head, "Ok, I'm going to try that again". Chris took her hands in his and said, "I love you Hol, it may not have been very long, and I'm ok if you don't feel the same, I don't want to rush you or push y-". Holly flung herself on him and kissed him, wrapping her hands and legs around him. Chris circled his arms around her, supporting her. "I love you too, you chatty man", she spoke. Chris laughed as he set her down. She winked and got into the shower and he stepped in after her.

Chris and Holly were driving back to his house, he was leaving in a few hours and Chris still had to finish the last of his packing. Holly sat on his bed as Chris pulled out some clothes to pack with him. Holly occasionally gave a nod yes or no if he asked for her opinion. "Oh my god, what is that!", Holly exclaimed running toward the closet, pulling out a hanger with a racing jumpsuit wrapped in plastic hanging from it. "Ooooh thaat is a racing suit, its the one I wore from Rush. I wanted to keep it. Look, I asked Nikki Lauda for an autograph", he said, pointing to the chest area on the suit. "Ok, but why is it in your closet?", Holly asked. "Because I haven't gotten around to keeping it in storage since I moved here. Still got a bunch of things to sort through", he said, folding a pair of jeans and placing them in the suitcase which was set in the corner of the room. "You want to see something really strange?", Chris said, smirking and walking back to the closet. Holly smiled bright and replied, "Always" and propped up on her fours excited. "Ok but you can't make fun of me", Chris said as he reached up to pull something out. "What's the fun then?", Holly replied, trying to see what Chris was holding. "No, promise me you won't judge", Chris said, holding the vacuum bag close to his chest, not revealing it's contents. "I'd never judge you. I love you", Holly said, her gaze softening. "Ok", Chris said and placed the pouch in front of her. Holly bit her lip trying not to smile as she opened the container, releasing a sequined blazer and formal pants with sequin trimmings down the side. She bit her lip harder trying not to laugh and covered her lips with her hand to hide the giant smile that was building. She let out a breath trying to straighten her face and finally said, "Um, honey, please don't walk down any red carpets in this", and then burst out laughing. Chris gave her a sarcastic smile and took the pouch back from her. "Oh Ha-ha. It's from Dancing with the Stars? I kept it so it reminds me of where it all started", Chris said, reaching up and putting it back in its place. "Aww, thats so sweet but seriously. I have to see a video of you wearing it. I can't quite picture you in it", Holly said, chuckling again. "Well, remind me not to show you any more of my old stuff, you're just going to laugh at it", Chris said, putting his sunscreen and tooth brush into a travel pouch and placing it in his suitcase. Holly sat on her knees and pulled Chris towards her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned closer and said, "You know I love that you kept that outfit, it means you value your success, and I respect you for it. You didn't have it so easy back then and you've worked hard to get where you are, it makes me so proud".