Chapter 24 - Meet the Parents 2

"I don't know why I'm so nervous, I mean, you're the one who should be freaking out", Holly said, pacing in the room. Chris looked at her with a serious expression, "Um, should I really be freaking out? I thought they might've warmed up to me by now". "Yeah I mean, my Mom loves you" Holly said, trying to make it sound like a glass-half-full situation. "My dad wasn't exactly very excited when he learned we live together", Holly said, slowly. "What?! I thought you said your parents were supportive", Chris said, his eyes widening. "Not exactly, it was pretty fast, we didn't exactly give them a lot of time to be prepared for it....oh shit I am so nervous", Holly said, sitting down on the sofa chair. "Hun, it's a little late for that. We need to get going, the flight is in an hour", Chris said, looking at his watch. Holly let out a breath and shut her eyes to calm herself for a quick minute. "Ok, let's go.", she said, grabbing her purse and walking to the door.

Chris sat back in the car while it drove over the river. He felt Holly tightly clutch his palm, distracting him from looking out the window. He looked over to her and flashed a smile to relax her. She gave a half smile back and looked out the window on her side. "Ready? We'll be there in 5 minutes", she said, still looking out. "Yeah, are you?", Chris said back, looking at her. "Yeah, it'll be great", she said loudly and then again under her breath, almost trying to convince herself. "Yes, it will", Chris said back, kissing her hand. The taxi stopped according to the directions holly gave the driver. Chris and holly got out and pulled out their luggage and walked upto the door and rang the bell.

"Hi darling, how are you?", Holly's mom said as soon as she opened the door. "Hi Mom, holly said as she hugged her mom and walked inside. "Hi Brenda", Chris said, setting the bag down quickly before he got pulled into a hug. "Hello dear, I'm so excited that you guys are here! How was your flight?", she said, shutting the door and walking into the house. "Flight was long, but ok", Holly said, letting out a yawn. "Are you tired honey? Albert should just be getting home any minute, we'll have dinner and you can get some rest. Will you show Chris to the rooms?", Brenda said as she walked away into the kitchen. "Let's go", she said, looking at Chris pick up the bag and follow her to one side of the house. "So, this is the living room", Holly said as they passed the different area's of the house. "The rooms are up the stairs here", Holly said, walking up. "Are you sure you packed for 3 days babe?", Chris said, lifting the bag up the stairs. "Ha-ha. Maybe someone cast you as Thor by mistake", Holly joked and waited at the top of the stairs for Chris. Chris laughed as he reached the top. "My room is here", Holly said as she opened the door to her room. Chris walked in and smiled as he looked around, he walked to a cork board which was filled with pictures of Holly, from her High School graduation and her college days and some of the holidays she had been on. "Hun, don't you want to go to your room?", Holly said, calmly. Chris suddenly jerked and replied, "What?", with a frown. "Your room. the guest room, its down the hall", Holly said, and pressed her lips together, waiting for his reaction. "You mean we....are we not....I'm in a different room?", Chris said, pointing a finger between them. Holly nodded and said, "It's a little weird, us, here, in one room, my dad just across.". "You are sure you told them we live together right?", Chris asked with a smirk. "Yes, babe, please, will you just come", Holly said, walking out of her room. Chris followed.

Chris opened the door to the guest room, a plain white and grey room, with pretty decor and placed his bag on the side. He sat on the bed and grabbed Holly by the hand and pulled her on top of him and kissed her. "You know, this might just be fun, sneaking into your room at night", Chris said, in between the kissing. Holly placed her hand on his chest and widened her eyes, "No you are not! my parents sleep just across, you are going to be a good boy and just stay here. No sneaking!", Holly warned him. "I can't promise that hun", Chris said and kissed her again. Suddenly they broke the kiss as they heard the doorbell. "Dad's here. Behave", Holly said and ran out of the room quickly. Chris followed her, till the living room where Albert had just arrived. "Hi doll", he said, hugging Holly and smiling. "Hi dad", she said, hugging him back. "Chris", Albert said, shaking his hand. "Hi Mr Bennett, your house is really beautiful". "Thank you, it was all Holly", he replied.