Chapter 10 - Parisian

Leaving the airport in Paris proved to be slightly difficult. Chris was faced with some French paparazzi clicking pictures. He wondered how they knew he was going to be arriving that day. He was wearing the hood of his jacket up and covering his face from the flashes and had ear buds in his ears playing music loudly, drowning out the questions. Airport security had led them to the hotel car, thankfully it was unmarked. He reached the hotel and quickly went up to the room they had already prepared. He finished his check in details in the room as per his request to stay away from public. He eased into his bed, stretched out and decided to finally call Holly. Holly didn't answer her phone both the times he tried, he decided to wait for her to call back and take a small power nap in the mean time.

Chris woke up to a call in his room. He fumbled and then answered, "Hello" he said, in a horse voice. "Chris, we are going for dinner, are you coming with us?", Liam was asking. Chris checked his phone for a message from Holly. They were supposed to meet for dinner but she had not contacted him since their fight earlier. "Uh, no, I have to go meet Holly actually.". "Oooo, date night in Paris, have fun, and be safe you guys", He said and hung up. Chris knew which hotel she was staying at, he decided to go over and apologize. He asked the front desk to call him a taxi, got changed, grabbed his jacket and headed downstairs. He reached her hotel, thanked and paid the taxi driver as he got out. He got to the front desk and asked for her. The man handed him a phone and connected the call to her. Luckily she answered. "Holly, I'm downstairs, can I come up, or please come down, I have to see you". "Chris, what are you doing here? Uh, I'm in 1101, come up", she replied. He handed the phone back to the man and darted to the elevator. He reached her floor and looked for directions to get room. He knocked on her door. She opened it. She was wearing a silk robe and her hair was tied up in a messy bun. She had no makeup on but Chris thought she looked beautiful. "Hi" he said, and she replied, "Chris, you shouldn't have come". "Holly, I want to apologize, I just was having a bad night, Sophie had just called and she was telling me about the abortion and I was upset. I am so so sorry was taking it out on you. I know you were just being nice and I should have just talked to you about it but all my feelings were just bubbling up and I was really angry. I really didn't mean to be rude. I'm really sorry", Chris got out in one breath. She looked at him, her eyes softening. "Chris, you were right, we've only known each other since 2 months and you are under no obligation to explain your life to me. I understand you are in a bit of a spotlight here, with the paparazzi and stuff so I'm here for you", Holly said. "If you need some time and space to deal with Sophie and the press, I'll be just a phone call away. You have been here for me after the whole Adam thing and I want to be there for you too. You matter to me", she added. Chris smiled but then frowned quickly, "Then why didn't you call me? What happened to our dinner?" Holly walked over to him and grabbed his hand, "I thought you'd want some space and deal with everything and us together is Paris being followed by the press isn't exactly ideal, but how about some room service since you're here?" Chris slowly leaned down to hug her and whispered in her ear, "I'll have a grilled chicken with some roasted vegetables on the side, thanks". She clutched him tight and laughed. "Coming right up", she said as she walked over the phone to order the food.

They opened a second bottle of wine after their dinner and continued talking. They sat on her bed and she took out her laptop and showed Chris some pictures she had clicked with her friends and told him about each of the days she had spent there and he regained her with stories of who took the biggest fall and how they tried racing each other down the slopes. "Oh this all feels so unreal", she said after being quiet for a few seconds. "What?", he asked, putting and arm around her. She looked up at him and said, "Everything, you, me, here in Paris! If you would have told me a couple months ago that I would be in Paris, with Chris Hemsworth, talking about my life, I would have had a serious laugh". Chris stared into her eyes, wanting to kiss her right there but he stopped himself. "Well, if someone told me two months ago that I'd meet a girl like you, I would have never believed it either. But I am so glad for the way things worked out, I would have never expected to feel this way already", Chris said. "What way?", Holly asked softly. Chris suddenly realized what he said, "Uh, you know, over Sophie and ready to face the world again", he recovered quickly. "That's great. I'm happy that you are happy", she replied. "You know, you are hugely responsible for it", Chris said as he laced her fingers into his. "Do you want to watch some TV?", She said, trying to reduce the seriousness of the moment. "Yeah sure, what's on?", Chris said as she was flipping the channels. She settled on Catch Me If You Can and watched it, while cuddling Chris. After the movie, Chris got up and said, "I should get going. I have plans to visit Liam's set tomorrow, do you want to come with me? It's about an hour away but the production team is sending a car so we can go together", Chris said. "Yes, absolutely. I've never been on a movie set before", she said, her golden eyes sparkling. "Well, then you are definitely coming to the Avengers set too, once we start filming!", he said and headed to the door. "I'll pick you up at 9? We can have some breakfast and then go. See you tomorrow", he said and hugged her. "Bye", she said and closed the door after him.

Chris woke up the next day and checked his clock. It was already 8.20 and he jumped out of bed. He text Holly that he was going to be slightly late. He quickly jumped in the shower and got ready as fast as he could. He ran down the corridor into the elevator. He jumped into the car waiting for him and headed to Holly's hotel. He text her as soon as he reached, "Hey, I just reached, do you want to grab breakfast at the restaurant? x". He waited for her reply which was taking longer than usual, but suddenly he saw her face pop out of the elevator. She smiled as she saw him walk upto her. They hugged and made their way to the restaurant. They ordered their food and she spoke, "So, do you know what part of the movie they are filming right now?", "Um, something do to with a forest and hunting people?", Chris said and smiled. "You didn't bother asking Liam about his shoot? Wow, you're a great brother", Holly said sarcastically. "Hey, he's my younger brother, my job is to annoy him and beat him up and I'm pretty good at that", Chris said. Holly laughed. "He's filming a scene where he has to give a speech and strategize the attack on a District and some fight scenes", Chris said. "Wow, so you do know", she said. "Yeah, of course he's my little brother! We were training together for some of the fight scenes so he was telling me about it", Chris said. They ate the food that was in front of them, discussing funny accidents on Chris' shoots and training and injuries of other cast members. They finished breakfast and headed to the car, which was waiting for them. They drove off outside the city where the filming was going on.

Chris and Holly walked on the set and saw Liam preparing for a take. He smiled briefly at them and then turned around to listen to the instructions being given by the director. Chris and Holly stood nearby as they watched Liam repeat the scene a few times and then finally got a 10 minute break till the cameras were re-positioned for the next scene. "Hi guys", He said as he waled upto them, giving Holly a hug and Chris a half-hug. "Liam you were amazing!", Holly said still amazed at the equipment, the people and the overall atmosphere. "Thanks, but you're are biased, you love me too much", Liam joked. Holly laughed and agreed. "Want to meet the rest of the cast? Jen!", He asked but shouted before giving Holly a chance to reply. Jennifer Lawrence walked over, trying to adjust what looked like a wig. "Hey, What's up?", She said as she walked over. "Hi Chris, How are you? Looking good my friend", she said quickly as she saw him standing with Liam. "Hey you, I'm great, this is my friend Holly", Chris replied. "Hi Holly, I've heard about you two naughty kids", she said, pointing her finger towards Chris and Holly. Chris' Jaw clenched and his chest tightened and he looked over at Holly who was blushing. Holly quickly said, "I am a huge fan...seriously...hhhuuggee". Jennifer looked over to Chris and said, "I like her Chris", as she smiled and thanked Holly for the complement. "Yeah, I like her too", Chris said, looking at Holly and winking when she looked back at him. She blushed again."So, Holly, what do you do?", Jennifer asked her, "I have my own furniture and dome decor store, Sanctuaire in L.A and I take up interior decoration projects for some private clients", she said. "Oh wow, that sounds amazing, so what brings you to Paris? Are you on holiday with Thor?", Jennifer asked inappropriately. "I get my furniture and some of the decor pieces from here and Milan so I visit my suppliers every year around this time, so decided to take a few extra days to unwind", Holly said, completely ignoring the other question. "Are you guys staying till lunch? What time is it now", Jennifer asked. Chris said, "Oh its about 10.30, but we'll only stay if you don't bore us too much", he joked. "Oh please! I am hilarious and you know it", Jennifer said punching his arm playfully. Holly laughed at the two of them bickering. Chris laughed too, and said, "Where's Josh?". "Oh he's not in this scene so he's probably taking a nap in his trailer", Jennifer said and rolled her eyes, "I've been here since 6 in the morning, in this outfit and wig and he's sleeping. So fucking unfair". "Oh I seriously hate morning shoots in costume! It takes me 2 hours to put on the damn thing and the hellish wig, I'm growing my hair out as much as possible before I start, hopefully they have to put in less of that itchy mess", Chris said. "Oh, when do you start? Is most of it in LA?" Jennifer asked. "No way, Chris has more location shoots than we do", Liam interrupted, "And he gets to go to cooler places, he's going to South Africa in 2 months and then London and then Korea and stuff", he continued. Chris smiled with pride. "It sounds amazing, but hopefully you will have some time to see those places and you won't be filming and running like we do", Jennifer said. Holly seemed to have been quiet the rest of the time. There was a call-out for Liam and Jennifer to which she made a groaning-snorting noise and said, "Argh, time to go, but stay for lunch, we can bully Josh", she said and promptly turned around and walked away. Liam said, "Got to go, if you guys leave, text me maybe we can all do dinner" and hugged them before he walked off too.