Chapter 32 - Christmas in Australia

"Hey! It's so nice to finally meet you", Leonie said, giving the widest smile Holly had ever seen. "Nice to meet you too", Holly said, giving a quick happy look to Chris before being enveloped by Leonie. "Hey Mom", Chris said, joining the hug from one side. "I'm so glad you guys are here. Chris take the bags to your room and Holly come with me, I'll show you around", Leonie said, taking her hand and leading her inside the beautiful house. "Wow Leonie, your house is so pretty", she said, still looking around. "Thank you darling", she said, moving opening the door to the garden at the back. "Craig look, Holly's here", she said, leading Holly toward him. He promptly stood up and hugged her, saying, "Hello, you guys finally made it to Australia, welcome", and smiled. Holly giggled and said, "Well, it was all Chris' fault", she joked and all of them laughed. "Oh was it?", Chris said as he walked into the garden, laughing as well. "Luke's going to be here in an hour, do you guys want to rest or take a shower or eat something?" Leonie asked. "Yeah I think I'll just freshen up a bit, it was a long flight", Holly said and looked at Chris. "Yeah sure honey, Chris there are bottled of water in the kitchen, take a few up to your room and help her find everything she needs", Leonie instructed him. "Yeah come on up", Chris said and walked ahead as Holly followed.

"Oh my god!", Holly said as she entered Chris' room. "I can actually imagine a 10 year old Chris playing around in this room", she said, looking around. "I love this place", he said. "Your parents are so nice. Really, I mean we've spoken to them on the phone and Face-timed a few times but I was a little bit nervous to meet them. They are so nice, now I know where you get it from", she said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "What do you mean, that's all me", he said, walking to a cupboard and pulled out some towels. "Here, and do you need anything else? Shampoo? Soap? Me?" he asked and Holly laughed and said "No, I think I've got everything". "Really? You don't need anything else? At all?", he asked again pointing to himself, smiling. "Bye Chris", she said, pushing him out of the bathroom and shutting the door. A few minutes later, Holly exited out of the bathroom with the towel tied around her chest. "Oh that was so good", she said, running through her wet hair with her fingers. "Mmmhmm", Chris hummed, not registering what she said. He was busy reading something on his phone and then he suddenly looked up, "Oh my God! Liam's spending Christmas with Aria and her parents and Kayla's there with Ryan and Ian!", Chris exclaimed, amused. "Ugh, you better warn him to keep Ari in his sights at all times", she said, ruffling through the suitcase to find her clothes. "Yeah of course. I think he must have thought he's get to see you", Chris said, furiously typing on this phone. "I have never been happier to be this far away", she said, unfolding a dress. "Oh I'm much happier about that than you are", he said, looking at her and back to his phone. "I hope he isn't around for New Year's. I don't want to run into him at all. Ever", Chris said, putting his phone away and taking a fresh towel into the bathroom. "I'll tell Kayla if it comes down to that", Holly said before Chris shut the bathroom door.

"Her name is Holly too", Chris said, introducing his nieces to Holly. "Hi sweetie", Holly said, holding out her hand to Luke's daughter Holly. She was five years old and incredibly cute."That's funny. I'm Holly", she said, giggling. Holly giggled and said, "I'm Holly too! I don't have any friends with the same name, will you be my friend?", she asked as little Holly nodded and laughed and then ran behind Chris. "She's so cute", Holly said, standing up and looking at Chris. "This is Ella", Chris said, turning her in his arms to face Holly. "Hi Ella", she said, smiling. "Hi. Did you come here with uncle Chris?", she asked, looking at Holly. "Yes I did. I came from LA to meet you with uncle Chris", she said. "Where is uncle Liam?", she asked Holly, expecting an answer. "Uncle Liam is back in LA, he couldn't come so uncle Chris brought me instead.", she said, smiling. "She's more fun than uncle Liam, she can play with you and Holly whenever you want", he said, and tickled Ella till she was screaming with laughter. "Chris? Holly? Can you bring the girls in? We're sitting for dinner", Leonie called out and went back inside. Chris and Holly walked back inside with Ella and Holly and sat them on the table. "Do you want to sit next to me?", Holly asked little Holly. "Yes. Can you help me make my bracelet after? I have it in my bag", little Holly said. "Of course I will help you", Holly replied and went to the kitchen to help out. Samantha, Luke's wife, sent Holly out of the kitchen claiming, "You are absolutely not helping, go sit at the table we'll get everything don't worry. This is your first time here, we're not letting you do this", smiling and bringing over a casserole and setting on the table. Holly took a seat next to little Holly while Chris sat opposite with Ella next to him. Craig, and Luke also took a seat at the table and Luke put Harper in a high chair next to what Holly assumed was Samantha's chair. Leonie and Samantha brought over a few more dishes from the kitchen and sat down. Leonie quickly said, "I've made some of Chris' favourite things, so I apologize to you in advance for his weak taste buds if you don't like it". "Thanks mom", Chris said, sarcastically sending everyone into a fit of laughter.