Chapter 33 - Happy New Years!

Chris and Holly sat on the couch with their coffee cups. "What if we just stay in tonight?", Chris asked, looking at Holly. Holly shot him a confused look, "You want to stay in on New Year's Eve instead of going to your brother's house to be with your friends?", Holly asked, making his suggestion seem like a stupid idea. "Yeah, I mean, what do you think?", he said, seriously suggesting the idea. "I think I want to meet my friends", Holly said, finishing her coffee. "You can meet them another time, plan a lunch or something right?", he said, still persisting. "Why do you suddenly want to stay home?", she asked, taking his empty coffee cup and heading to the kitchen sink as he followed. "You know, I don't feel like bring around people who I don't really care for. It's going to be quite pretentious with Ari's friends and Liam's", he said, shrugging and not making eye contact. "You do realize that you know most of them and they are your friends right?", Holly said, rinsing the cups. "Not all of them", he said, making a stupid justification. "Well, I want to go, I want to meet Kayla too", she said. setting the cups on the rack and walking to Chris. "I don't want to meet Kayla's friends though", Chris said, raising his eyebrows. "Is that what this is about? Ian the creep?", she asked, putting her arms around Chris' torso. "I just don't feel like dealing with that today and you know how he gets and he has a habit of making a really good day feel like shit very quickly", he said, holding Holly. "What if I talk to Kayla? She can have a word with him or tell Ryan to keep him busy ans away from us", she suggested. "I don't know, I don't want to make a big deal about it", Chris said, furrowing his eyebrows. "But skipping out on your brother's party is ok?", she said, sarcastically. "Fine, we'll go. Don't tell Kayla anthing though, if he's becoming a problem then you can tell her", Chris said.

"Oh, you look soo hot!", Chris said, looking at Holly walk down the stairs with her shoes in her hand. She was wearing a fitted red Herve Leger dress that accentuated her figure. She gave a little twirl and then slipped her nude pumps on. Her hair was cascading in beautiful waves towards one side. Chris stood up and said, "The car's here. Ready?", as he picked up his jacket and walked out the door with Holly. As soon as they got near the house, they could hear music blaring from inside. "Just stay close to me ok", Chris said, before they entered the house. Liam saw them as soon as they entered and said, "Hey you two, looking very sexy Hol", giving her a hug. Holly chucked and replied, "Thanks, you too", as he hugged Chris and then gave them the layout, "So, the kitchen is the bar, the living room is the dance floor, no smoking inside the house and the bedrooms are off limits, well, ok you guys are allowed I guess", he said and then left to welcome his other guests. Holly and Chris walked further in as Chris met a lot of his friends. They made their way to the bar after a lot of 'Hi's' and 'Great movie's' and Chris ordered drinks for both of them. Holly just about managed a sip before Aria came over. "Hey", she said, just about swallowing before Aria hugged her. "Hi, how was Australia?", she asked and then before she could answer added, "Those earrings are stunning!". Holly smiled and said, "Thank you, they're from Chris for my birthday. and Australia was amazing, his family is so great", she said as Aria nodded. "We just planned to go for Liam's birthday. I think he's feeling a little homesick and wants to meet his family. It's so cute", Aria said. "Oh wow, yeah you should, it's amazing, these guys never get sick of surfing though", she said, as all three of them laughed. "Oh Kay's here, she was outside, I think she might be somewhere inside now", Aria said. "Oh great, yeah, I'll find her", Holly said, and sipped on her drink. "Okay, well have fun you guys and let me know if you need anything", she said, squeezing Holly's arm and leaving.

Chris and Holly were in a conversation with Sam Claflin about his thoughts on the rough print of SWATH2 when Holly heard Kayla scream her name. Holly turned to see Kayla smiling and reaching over to hug her "Oh hi", she said, smiling and remembering her college days. "How are you I was looking for you", Kayla said. "Yeah we just came a little while ago and just got a drink, so how's LA been so far?", she asked Kayla, stepping to one side and continuing the conversation. "It's been great, hung out with Ari and went to Liam's set and it was all pretty fun", she said. "How was Australia? We missed you at Christmas", she said. "Oh it was amazing, I can't wait to go back there. Are you here alone?", she asked, since Ian hadn't shown up yet and neither had Ryan. "No, Ryan and Ian are around somewhere, which reminds me, I should go find them", she said, looking around. "Okay, I'll meet you in a little bit", Holly said and stepped back next to Chris. Holly and Kayla were busy having a conversation when Jennifer Lawrence came over. "Holly! How are you, it's been a while, so you and Chris finally happened, that's awesome, is he around?", she said. "Hey, how are you, you look amazing. Yeah it happened, he's over there", she said, pointing over to Chris. Chris looked over and made a small wave. "Wow you guys, now I'm the only single woman in the world, great", she joked and continued, "Oh I was in New York the other day, I saw your store. Pretty cool, I had read about it on Chris' twitter page I think". "Oh yeah, thanks. I didn't know Chris had it on twitter", she said, looking back over to Chris. "Well, honestly, it was a selfie of him, I'm just a bit of a stalker really", she said, joking again, making them all laugh. "I'm going to go and find a boy to kiss at midnight, see you", she said, hugging Holly again and walking off.