Chapter 30 - Birthday Holiday Part 2

Holly woke up to a kiss on the forehead. She squinted and opened her eyes slowly and Chris as leaning over her with a giant smiled. “Happy Birthday baby!” he said and moved to the side, revealing the table in front of the couch, it had a pretty bouquet of pink peonies and a birthday card and a couple of presents piled up. “Oh my God”, she said, sitting up, and covering her mouth with her hand. “Do you want to open your presents?” he said, holding her hand and kissing it. She swung her legs out of the bed and sat there, staring at Chris and back to the table. “You didn’t have to do this! The holiday was more than enough!” she said, shaking her head, and then her phone rang. She looked at it and said, “It’s my parents” right before she answered it. Chris clicked a picture of the table quickly and tweeted it saying, “Spoiling my lady #happybirthday @hbennett” After the quick phone call, Holly went to the table and sat on the couch, picking up the card. She opened it and read, “Happy Birthday Sweetheart, You deserve all the love and happiness in the world and I’d be lucky if I get to give that to you forever. You are my whole world. I love you x C”. Holly held the card to her heart and a single tear fell from her eye. Chris immediately came over and wrapped her in a hug, before letting her go and open her gifts.

“I wrapped them”, Chris said, trying to change the emotional mood a little bit. “No you didn’t”, she said with a straight face. “Ok I didn’t but I saw them wrap it”, he said, smiling, making Holly laugh. “Start with the big one”, he said, pulling out the big box from the bottom and setting it on her lap. She opened the wrapping, exposing a white box, with the words “Dior” written on it.  She opened it and pulled out a beautiful jeweled clutch bag. “Oh my God, Chris! This is beautiful! I love it”, she said, carefully placing the bag back before hugging him tight. “Ok, now the small one!” he said, excited. She took the small one on her lap and carefully opened the wrapping of the box on top, revealing a Tiffany box. She gasped and jumped when she saw it, “Nope, I’m not even going to open that. Are you crazy?” she said, setting the box back down on the table. “Will you please let me spoil you on your birthday?” Chris said and shoved the box back in her hand, watching her reaction intently. She slowly opened the box, revealing a pair of beautiful diamond earrings. “Oh my God, Chris this is ridiculous”, she said, looking up at him. “Do you like them?” he asked, smiling at her. “I love them”, she said, sitting on his lap and kissing him. “Ok, there is one more”, he said, sliding her off him and standing up. “No. No more gifts.” she declared. “No, I promise you, it’s the best one. You’ll love it” he said, and ran towards his suitcase. He pulled out a crumpled bag, and walked slowly over to her, with an impish smile on his face. “Why are you smiling like that? What’s in the bag?” she asked curiously. “Well, actually, it’s just a funny thing, not really a present but whatever...”, he said, handing her the bag. Holly looked inside and burst out laughing. “I love it. This is really cute”, she said, pulling out a red and grey one-shoulder swimsuit with the words “Property of Thor Odinson” printed on the butt.

            Holly wore her white halter dress and left her dark hair to dry naturally into waves. She added a swipe of lip-gloss and was ready for dinner. The hotel had arranged for them to have dinner on the beach and she was looking forward to it. Chris stepped out of the bathroom wearing a white linen shirt and red shorts and smiled when he saw Holly. “You look beautiful”, he said, kissing her. “Now that you have my lip-gloss on, so do you”, she joked and wiped it off his lips. “Let’s go’, he said, holding her hand and walking out towards the beach. “Holly saw a little white tent on the beach, lit with tiny lights, white flowers and soft jazz music playing in the background. “This is incredible! I can’t believe it. This is the best birthday ever!” she said, hugging Chris’ arm as they approached the tent. She sat on the chair and smiled at Chris sitting opposite her. He reached out and held her hand on the table just as the waiter poured them champagne.