Chapter 11 - Parisian Part 2

"Chris, Do you want o come to dinner with my friends?", Holly asked shyly, expecting a negative answer. "Yeah, sounds fun, I get to know more about you, I'm sure they have some interesting stories", Chris said, wiggling his eyebrows. Holly laughed, "You're not sick of me yet?, I'm impressed", she said as she sipped her coffee. "I could never be sick of you", Chris said. She had spent all day with him, first at Liam's shoot, then after lunch they came back into town and just walked around the streets and finally they sat in a cafe for a coffee and some pastries. Chris bit into an eclaire and smiled when he saw holly staring at him with an obscure look on her face, "What are you looking at?", he said swallowing his food. "You are so strange", she said as she took another sip. "What do you mean strange?", he replied, prepping the eclair for another bite. "Strange, you look like a lion eating some sort of prey, and most other people just look like an animal doing it, but you..you still look good wolfing down your food. Straaanggee!!", Holly repeated, nodding her head from side to side. Chris laughed muffled, still chewing the last bite of eclair. once he swallowed, he said, "Oh so you think I'm good looking huh?", wiggling his eyebrows again. "Don't push it Hemsworth", Holly replied, smiling behind her coffee cup. "So, whats the plan with your friends then", he said, changing the topic. "Oh, yeah, um, we are going for dinner and drinks at this new place, they are going to text it to me in a bit, but we'll have to get dressed, you know how the Parisians are...", Holly said. "What, you think they are going to not let us in their bar? Seriously? people do know me, even in France you know", Chris said. "What's with all the ego today?", Holly said, surprised at the words being spoken by Chris. "Not ego, just an excuse if you are feeling as lazy as me today and don't want to change", Chris said. "I want to change, I like getting dressed up at times, specially in Paris, I have a chance to wear all the clothes I don't in L.A. and besides, I'm not going anywhere with you looking like that", she said, pointing to Chris. He put his hand upto his heart and feigned hurt. "Yeah alright, we'll go and get changed", Chris agreed, as he paid the bill at the cafe.

"Coming coming", Holly said behind her room door. She quickly opened it. Chris stood with one arm against the door frame. He was wearing a black v-neck shirt and a navy jacket and dark jeans. "You're not ready yet?", he asked as he walked inside behind her. "Oooh, you look nice! I know I'm ridiculously late, I can't believe it. I ended up watching an episode of 'Friends' and completely lost track of time, Holly said and hurried into the bathroom, still talking from inside. "Thanks, which episode was it?", Chris asked as he stood in the middle of the room, staring at his phone opening a text he just got. "The one with Ross' messy girlfriend, at the end Monica goes over and offers to clean are apartment?", Holly shouted form inside. "Oh yeah", Chris said, distracted, "Liam just sent a message, the paparazzi are outside the restaurant they are at so looks like I'm safe for the night", Chris said barely looking up, and trying to open the picture Liam sent. "So, what do you think?", Holly said as she stood in between him and a full length mirror. "Wow, you look incredible", he said, looking at her through the mirror.Holly was wearing a strappy cobalt blue skin tight short dress, her deep brown hair was wavy and shiny, and she had accentuated her eyes with a thick swipe of eyeliner and a swipe of nude lipstick. "So, ready to leave?", she said as she grabbed on to his arm, putting on her heels. He held out his arm and supported her. "Let's go", he said and allowed her to walk in front of him. She quickly grabbed her coat and walked out. They reached the bar and got out of the car Chris had hired for the night. As they walked in, she narrowed her eyes and tried to look for her friends. Her face lit up in a smile as she saw them. She reached for Chris' hand and pulled him towards her friends. As she reached, her friends got up and hugged her. She introduced Chris, and nearly everyone at the table were awestruck at his presence. He sat next to Holly at the table. They ordered some food and drinks and got back to talking. Holly spoke French with such fluency, Chris was captivated by the way she sounded. She translated some of the words in the questions her friends had for him and he answered them. Holly suddenly got a phone call and excused herself from the table and went outside. Chris got a glance at her face before she left and knew it was not good news. A minute later he excused himself and followed her outside to make sure she was okay and give her the coat she had left on the back of her chair. He saw her from a distance, it seemed like she was screaming into the phone, her free hand was flying around making some actions and finally upto her face. Chris immediately went to her and put his hand on her back. She turned around and saw him for a quick second before turning back. It was long enough for Chris to see she was crying. , "I have to go. Please don't call me", she said and hung up. Still facing away from him, she looked up, wiped her cheeks and then turned around. "Hol, who was that? Are you okay?", he said softly, putting her coat on her shoulders. "Yeah, I'll be fine, It's nothing", She said, trying to blink back the tears. "Okay, but you know I'm here when you want to talk right?", Chris said, trying to be as understanding as possible. "Yeah, I know. Thanks", she said and gave him a hug before turning around to walk back in. "You know, your makeup is impressively still on, science these days is pretty cool", he said, trying to make a joke and get her to smile. She gave a short chuckle, and said, "You're an idiot" and looked at him, smiling.

At the end of the night, he had signed her friends' paper napkins and clicked some pictures and was just clicking a picture with the owner of the bar, when he suddenly said, "Picture also with your girlfriend?", and pointed to Holly. Holly immediately tried to say, "Oh, no, he's not, il n'est pas m-","Sure", Chris said and pulled her towards him, she almost tripped on her heels and fell on his chest. He held her firmly there as they smiled for the picture. She moved away and gave him a 'what was that', look. He understood and whispered 'I wasn't exactly going to stand there and explain that we are friends, and anyway, it's not like he's gonna bother about it. I just wanted to finish and leave". Holly smiled and accepted his explanation. They got into the car when she got another message. She was quiet for most of the trip before Chris asked, "Hol, are you okay?", expecting her to deflect the question or lie. "Earlier, when I got a call, It was Adam.", she said, not looking into his eyes. Chris' jaw clenched and he asked, "What did he say?". "He wants to meet once I get back to L.A, he said he made a mistake by letting me go and he wants to try again, apparently his therapist said that he should make a list of things that matter to him the most and that I was on the top of that list and he doesn't want to let it go so easily. He said he'll do anything it takes for me to forgive him", she finished and looked at Chris. Chris' heart felt like it exploded. He suddenly thought he waited too long and now she was going to get back with Adam and he was going to lose her. "I can't believe this", he said under his breath. "What?", Holly asked. "I can't believe you will consider going back to him, after what he put you through? I think you deserve better than Adam, I mean, I know what you've been going through, I was there that day." "No you weren't, Will was. You left to deal with Sophie remember. Don't start up with me again. You have no right to tell me what to do. You don't know what I had with Adam, besides I never said I want to get back with him, I don't, I'm not going to meet him but thanks for your judgment. Now I know what you think of me", she said and started crying again. Chris put his face in his hands and then looked back at Holly. "Holly, I'm sorry. I just don't want to see you get hurt again. I can't imagine the kind of guy who would do that, specially to you. I did'nt mean to judge you. Chris put his arms around her and she hugged him back. The rest of the ride they sat in an embrace, quietly and she fell asleep. "Hol?", Chris whispered, "Holly?". She opened her eyes and looked at him and then outside, realizing they were at her hotel. She looked at Chris and said, "I don't feel like being alone tonight". Chris looked at her sympathetically and said, "Do want to stay here or go to my hotel?". "Either", she replied and lay back down in his arms. "Do you want to get anything from your room before we go?", he asked again, She nodded, no. Chris instructed the driver to take them back to his hotel as he tightened his grip on her.

They reached his suite and he opened the door. She quietly walked inside and looked around. She took off her heels in one corner where she saw Chris' flip flops and went into his bathroom. When she came out, he saw her makeup was washed off along with the tear stains on her cheeks and she was wearing a robe. He asked, "Do you need pajamas?", handing her a tshirt and boxers from his suitcase. "Thanks", she said and walked back in the bathroom. When she came out she saw Chris was shirtless, wearing only sweatpants. "You take the bed, I'll take the couch, he said as he went to the bathroom and watched his face. She climbed in the bed and said, "Will you sleep here?". Chris looked at her, not knowing what to say, so he just asked, "Are you sure, I can take the couch, really, I'll just ask housekeeping to convert it into a bed". She simply replied, "I'm sure". He put on a tshirt and got into bed next to her. They faced each other for a few minutes quietly and she said, "You know, I never expected Adam to call. I know what he did was bad and I should not get back with him. I guess these things are complicated. What about you and Sophie? Did you work it out?". "Yeah, I mean it is complicated when someone meant so much to you but in time it gets better, Sophie and I dealt with it pretty well I think, we discussed it and we knew it was the best for both of us. I don't think relationships are meant to feel like work all the time. I know that you have to work at it, but if at any point you question yourself if you are truly happy, it's not a very good sign", Chris said. "I was happy, but it wasn't the dramatic 'I'm crazy about you-do anything for you-can't breathe without you' kind of thing. It was just convenient you know, right time, right place maybe?". Chris laughed, "I think what you are describing is only in movies". "No, it's not. I've seen it. My parents have it. I've seen it everyday for years! It is the kind of thing I thought I'd have one day. I thought it would take a while, but once I would get to know Adam better I would have that but I never reached that point", Holly said. "I hope you get your 'crazy about you-do anything for you-can't breathe without you' man, you deserve it", Chris said, kissing her forehead and putting an arm over her. Holly smiled and closed her eyes. Chris looked at her peaceful face, he knew he wanted nothing more than to be her 'crazy about you-do anything for you-can't breathe without you' man. She was it. He closed his eyes and smiled at the most perfect day he had with the most perfect woman.