Chapter 26 - Summer Wedding

Chris and Holly pulled up to the vineyard porch after having driven for a few hours from LA. He handed the keys to the valet and helped the bell boy take the bags from the car. They walked into the lobby, holding hands, looking forward to spending some time with friends and family away from the city. Aria spotted them across the foyer and rushed in their direction, yelling, "You're here!!!". Holly quickly looked at Aria as her face lit up with a huge smile. Aria hugged Holly and then Chris, going on about how glad she was they had finally reached. "Where's Liam?", Chris asked, looking around. "Oh, he's with a few of my cousins, they were going to the golf court I think, do you want to join them?", she asked. "Aah, maybe later actually", he said, smiling. "Ok, so you can check in and the information about the events are already in your room. I'll see you guys later. I'm just waiting for my aunt and uncle from Germany.", Aria said, as she quickly said goodbye and left.

        Chris kicked off his shoes and lay down on the bed as soon as they got in. "Aaah, this is good", he said, as Holly opened her bag on one side of the room. "Babe, are you ok? You seem a little tired", she replied, looking over at him. "Yeah I am, I'm having a little headache too", he said, turning in the bed and clutching a pillow. "Maybe you should take a nap for a while, the rehearsal dinner is at 7", she said, holding the card with the details and bringing it over to the bed. "Yeah, maybe I'll do that", he said, his eyes already closed. Holly closed the curtains, leaving only a little open, to give enough light as she unpacked her bag. She quietly hung her dressed and Chris' suits in the cupboard and went to the bathroom to arrange her toiletries. She walked over to Chris softly and sat beside him, running her hand over his face and hair, "Honey, I''m just going to go meet Kayla for a bit okay? I'll be back soon", she said, quietly, hoping he heard her. She took the key and left the room, looking for Kayla.

        "Hi! Oh my God, you're here! It's so good to see you", Kayla squealed into Holly's ear, hugging her tightly. "I know, it's been forever! I'm so happy for you!", Holly said back, slowly letting go of Kayla. "How are you? Are you nervous? Excited?", Holly asked, still holding on to Kayla's hands. "A lot of everything right now actually, but mostly just excited and happy", she said, sitting down on the couch in the room. "Is everything in your room okay?", she asked again, quickly. "Yeah absolutely. This place is so beautiful! We can see the altar from our room, it looks so pretty Kay, this is so perfect", Holly said. "I know, it's perfect. It was actually Ryan's idea, he found this place when he was here on a work trip", she replied. "Oh my God, last we spoke properly was when Ryan and you were going on your first date I think, or it was sometime in the first month, and that was almost 2 years ago right?", Holly said, slowly shaking her head as she tried to believe it. "Oh yeah it was out fourth date I think, but yeah, 2 years, feels like forever, I can barely remember things before London and Ryan", Kayla said, tilting her head to one side. "Wow, I can imagine, I'm so happy for you Kay, I really really am. I need to get going, have to take a shower and do my hair now. I'll see you in a little bit.", Holly said, slowly getting up and saying goodbye. "Ok, see you soon.", Kayla said, giving her a quick hug before Holly left.

        "Chris? Honey? Wake up", Holly said, as she sat beside Chris again and placed her hand over his bicep. "Chris?", she said again, running her hand through his hair and down his cheek. Immediately she flattened her palm against his cheek and then his forehead, causing him to slowly open his eyes. "Oh God Chris you're really warm.", she said, quickly touching his neck as well. "Oww", he said, cutely as Holly his skin. "Shit, I think you have a fever babe, wait I'll get you a paracetamol", she said as she quickly rushed to her bag and pulled out a pouch of medicines. She ran over and brought a bottle of water as well toward Chris who had just sat up on the bed, and was looking red and blotchy. "Here", she said, handing him the tablet and the open bottle of water. He quickly swallowed it and took a few more sips of water before handing the bottle back to Holly. "Let's get some room service and you can go back to bed. I'll tell Ari that you're not feeling well and not coming for dinner", Holly said as she pulled up her phone. "No", Chris said, lowering her phone with his hand, causing Holly to look up at him, confused. "Babe, you can't go down like this...", she said. "I wont but you have to. You can't skip it hon, she's your friend and Aria is too, you have to be there. I'll be ok, I'll get some soup and go to bed.", Chris said, slowly leaning back into his horizontal position. "No, It's ok, I'll see them tomorrow at the ceremony anyway", she said, pulling her cell phone up to dial Aria again. "Holly, you are going. Don't make me argue please", Chris said, half into his pillow. "Are you sure babe? I really don't want to leave you like this", she said, stroking Chris' back. "Yes I'm sure. Go get ready and wake me up before you leave, I want to see", he said, still speaking half into his pillow. Holly chuckled and kissed him on his head as she walked into the bathroom.