Chapter 9 - Just when...

Chris zipped up his bag and brought it to the front door, he was to leave that night. He had his last 10 days before he started rehearsals for Avengers 2. Will was on his way to pick him up and drop him to the airport. Liam was already in Paris filming with Josh and he was going to meet Dylan and Ethan at the airport. They had planned to go to Cortina, Italy to snowboard for a week and then spend a couple days in Paris. Chris' phone rang. It was an unknown number so he didn't answer. He heard the text message notification and checked it. "It's me silly, pick up!! x H". Before he could dial the number, his phone rang again. He immediately answered. "Hii", Holly said, a warmth radiated in his body. "Hii, how are you? where are you?", he asked hurriedly. "Slow down, I'm good, I'm in Milan now. Here for a few more days and then in Paris for a few more, um, I've decided to stay a while longer, I miss this cold weather and the snow and I'm just loving it here", she said. Chris smiled, he was going to land in Italy and convince her to change her tickets anyway, he was glad she had already decided. He had made Aria take her number discreetly and was going to call her as soon as he got there. "What? I'm happy that you're having fun but what about the people here who miss you?", Chris said, faking the disappointment. "Well, the people there who miss me will see me soon, its only a few extra days you know, they'll live..", she said. Chris saw Will calling on the other line, he was probably outside waiting for him. "Uh, Hol, I'll have to call you back in a little bit, Will's just got here. Talk to you soon okay?". "Oh, Yeah sure, you have my number so call me later! Bye", Holly said and hung up. He noticed the dejected tone in her voice which she tried covering up. He chuckled as he thought of her reaction when he would surprise her.

They landed in Milan in the afternoon. Chris decided not to call her until after the snowboarding trip. He knew if he met her before that, he would end up staying in Milan and spend more time with her. He decided to call her only after they reached Cortina.

They reached the resort and checked into their private chalet, which had a housekeeper and a chef. Chris picked a room and unpacked some of his things. It was pretty cold, it was the end of February and the sun had already set, making it even cooler. Liam and Josh arrived from Paris a few hours later. The five of them sat that evening, talking about Liam and Josh's filming and discussed their snowboarding schedule for the next day. After dinner Chris came back to the room and decided to call Holly. He dialed Holly's number and waited for her to answer. "Hello?" Holly asked, Chris immediately decided to have some fun. "Is this Holly Bennett?" Chris asked, doing an American accent. "Yes, who is this?" Holly asked, confused. "Ms. Bennett, I am calling from the Los Angeles Police Department. I am officer Blake Williams. This is to inform you that a friend of yours has made a complaint stating you are away on business for too long and he is making plans to see you soon. It's my duty to inform you miss.". "What? what are you saying, who are you talking about? what 'friend'?", Holly said, worried and confused. Chris burst out laughing. Holly immediately recognized his laugh. "Chris you idiot, you had me so scared! Oh god I was about to have a heart attack. Wait, where are you, did you get a new phone?". Chris answered casually as he relaxed, "Nope, I'm just in Italy, so thought I'd, you know, check in?". "Your're here?? where?? are you in Milan? what hotel are you at? Oh my god when did you get here? I can't believe you are in Italy!!!", she shrieked. "Okay 20 questions, breath. No I am in Cortina with the boys, we were here for a week of snowboarding and then we are going to Paris. Liam and Josh are filming there so we thought we'd distract him for a few days, but I will meet you there right?", Chris calmly told her. "In Paris? Are you kidding!! Of course!!! Oh my god I still can't believe you are here. If this turns out to be some joke Chris, you are so dead", She said, sounding serious toward the end. Chris laughed and replied, "No, do you need a picture to prove it? I'll take one tomorrow on the slopes with the boys and send it to you". "Yes, do that, something tells me this is this not really happening, that it's all a dream or a joke, and not a very good one.". Chris snickered and said, "Okay okay, I'll send you a photo. But I have to go now, we have to get our ski passes at 8am tomorrow. Whoo! Can't wait! I haven't been on a snowboard in years!", Chris hooted, sounding insanely excited. Holly laughed and said, "Okay boarder-boy. Have fun and take are, I refuse to roam around Paris with you in a wheelchair. Goodnight!". "Night!" he said and hung up. A few minutes later, his phone lit up with a new text message. It read, "I really missed you the last few days, I'm so glad you are here. Call me tomorrow. X". Holly missed him, he smiled as he fell asleep.