Chapter 38 - The Vows

Holly exhaled again, hoping this time it would work. Her stomach was in a million different knots, she was not sure anymore what she felt, it was a big puddle of everything from excitement to terror. Albert pat her hand which was around his elbow and looked at her. "Are you feeling ok?", he asked, sensing her nervousness. "Just a little nervous", she replied with a serious face. "Hol, I may not have liked Chris at the beginning but I know he's in love with you and that's all I can ask for, he seems to want to keep you happy and I see that with him you are", he said, putting a smile on Holly's face and her eyes watery. "I love you dad, but please don't make me cry right now", she said, letting out a quick laugh and adjusting her gown. Holly waited for the signal to start walking towards Chris and the rest of her life. Ella Holly and Harper had made their way down with small baskets of flowers. Aria was walking down the aisle now and just in a few seconds, Holly was about to make her way down.

        Albert lightly tugged Holly as they made their way towards the tent like structure on a beautiful pier. It was the last few minutes of the sunset and the surrounding area was completely covered in pretty twinkling lights and peonies. She smiled as she saw Chris standing at the end of the path, suddenly smiling and putting a hand to his heart. In that moment, all the feelings she had, evaporated, leaving only one, happiness. She could see it in his eyes, she had everything she needed, someone to call her own. He's always been there, making her laugh, stop her from crying, filling her up with more love than she'd ever felt before. All the little things about herself she's forgotten or changed to be with people in the past, were all back, making her whole again, making her feel like herself. She was complete, and that's the woman he loved.

        Chris smiled at her as she walked down, feeling more confident and powerful in that moment than he had before, she was here, she was going to marry him, he with him forever. She was there to help him through his lows and encourage him, give him the support he had never felt before and was almost about to give up on. How his life had changed the day he walked into her store. The love he wasn't sure he would feel again, or fall into again, suddenly came to him without warning, changing his life. He depended on her, from the start, talking to her always made his day better, always gave him a smile on his face and now he was about to have that for the rest of his life. She was what he never realized he needed. She was the one he could circle his whole life around without fear. He could almost imagine them, 50 years later, with children and grandchildren, telling them their story or how they fell in love. He smiled, his heart full of love and respect for the woman about to stand next to him today and forever.

She got to the end of the path and stood in front of Chris as the officiator started the ceremony. Chris and Holly had decided to mix some of the traditional vows with their own, and Holly started first, since she thought she would cry if Chris started. "Today I marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for and dream with. I can't imagine a happier feeling, a more loving husband and a more perfect life", she finished, and everyone 'aww'd'. As Chris started speaking, Holly's heart beat faster and slower at the same time, she could hardly take in the beautiful words being spoken by him to a point where she thought she had stopped breathing. "Everyday I will help you try and see yourself through my eyes. You are my heartbeat, my breath and my life.", he finished, letting go of Holly's hand so she could brush away the tear that had just dropped from one eye. Chris wasted no time when he was told he could kiss Holly, he swung her and dipped her down and pressed his lips to hers as the crowd cheered.

        Holly danced with her father as her eyes fell on Chris holding up Ella and Holly, swinging them around on the dance floor, next to Luke holding Harper. Her stomach turned, as she realized she was a part of his beautiful family now. She was suddenly interrupted by Liam, asking her father to take over, to which he agreed. "Hiya sis", he said, taking his position. "Hey", she replied, laughing. "Congratulations, and welcome to the world of Hemsworths", he said. "Thank you", she said, laughing again. "I'm really happy for Chris, he's a lucky guy", Liam said. "We both are", she said, looking over to him again. "So, you and Ari making any announcements soon? You guys have been dating longer than Chris and I have", she said, raising an eyebrow. "What? No. Did Chris tell you?", Liam asked, shocked bu the sudden change of topic. Holly's eyes widened and a smile crept up on her lips. "Tell me what? Oh my God what's happening with you guys", she said. "Shit. Nothing. What? You look really pretty", he said, diverting the conversation another direction. "Liam?", she said, slowly. "Oh crap. No, I was telling him that all this wedding planning and stuff was making me think about Ari and I and that's it. Nothing else. No plans yet", he said, blushing a deep red. "Oh thats so cute!", Holly suddenly exclaimed, hugging Liam. "Ok relax sis, if and when I do think about it, you'll help me out right?", he said, smiling at her. "Of course! This is adorable", she said, feeling emotional. "Ok, that's cool, thanks", he said, handing her over back to Chris as he approached.