Chapter 21 - Stormy before Spain

"Bye! I'm gonna miss you guys. Text me when you land okay?", Holly took turns hugging her parents at the airport. "Bye darling, take care of yourself, and say goodbye to Chris for us", Brenda said. "Bye honey, drop by on your way to New York", Albert said. "I will dad", Holly replied as her eyes felt teary. Her parents walked over to the security line and disappeared around the corner.

Holly dialled Chris as she walked towards her car. It was raining and she pulled her jacket over her head as she rushed towards the parking structure. "Hi baby!", she said as she heard Chris pick up. "Hi. Did they leave?", Chris asked. "Yeah, I just dropped them. Just gonna leave from here now.", Holly said. "Ok great, I'm home, I'll see you soon babe", Chris replied. "Can you come over to mine? I haven't packed my stuff, was a little awkward in front of my parents.", Holly asked. "Uh, I need to finish some work first, can you please please come over? Please? Besides, you look great in my clothes", Chris said. "Chris, please just come over once you're done. I really don't feel like sitting around in your clothes when you can just pack a back and come to mine.", Holly said, mildly irritated, and slightly wet, as she sat in her car. "Hol, I need to call Joss and discuss a few things and it may take a while", Chris argued. "Well then why don't you finish your work and we'll just meet tomorrow. I don't want to come over and sit around while you work.", Holly replied sharply. "I'm not gonna be working the whole time, just like an hour or so, why are you being so difficult?", Chris said, pushing Holly over the edge. "I'm driving Chris, come over if you want to see me. I'm not coming to yours", Holly said and hung up.

Holly reached her house and went straight up to dry off her hair. She decided that if Chris was going to prioritize his work, why shouldn't she? So she sat on her couch with her laptop and started catching up with the work she had missed while her parents were in town. She started powering through when suddenly Chris called. She cancelled his call, getting back to her emails. Chris quickly sent a text, "I'm sorry, please come over. X". She was shocked that Chris was still not willing to just come over! She didn't reply back, setting her phone and laptop aside to go and make some herbal tea. She heard her phone ring again as she waited for her kettle to boil. She made her cup and walked back, to her couch, sitting comfortable and picking up the phone, seeing the 2 messages Chris had sent. "Holly, it's work, I can't really just ignore it. I though you would understand that. I want to meet you, i really do, I flew back to LA to see you, why can't you just come over?", followed by "I can't believe you want to fight over this. Fine, you know what, let's just meet tomorrow, and also, this silent treatment is very immature.". That's it. He's officially being an asshole. Holly sipped her tea and switched on her TV, unable to concentrate on work anymore. She flipped channels furiously and then switched it off, her temper bubbling. What the hell was he thinking? He screwed up, came to LA to ask her to forgive him and then not even interested in coming over, the one time she asked. He was the child here, not her. She changed into her pajamas and browsed through some home decor magazines, flagging the pages she found interesting.

She jumped when she suddenly heard a knock on the door. Her heart was beating fast as she walked over and peeked through the hole. She saw Chris standing there. She opened the door, her mood changing from scared to crabby within seconds. She really didn't feel like arguing with him. She opened the door halfway, standing in the way. Chris looked up, with his puppy dog eyes. "What are you doing here?", she asked with a straight face. "I'm here. See I came over", he said. "Oh thank you for your supreme presence, you have done me such a huge favour", she said, sarcastically. "Holl, common", he said, putting his hand on the door, asking for entrance. Holly quietly opened the door and have him way to enter. "I don't want to fight Hol", he said as he walked in and grabbing her hand before she walked away. Holly freed herself quietly and sat back on her couch, with her tea. Chris came and sat next to her, looking at her, waiting for her to say something. "You know, I was thinking on the way over that maybe you can keep your pajamas at my place. You can bring over a bag or have a drawer or something.", Chris said leaning in and softly whispering. Holly looked at him, with wide eyes. "I don't need a drawer if you just come over when I ask", she said. "I'm sorry babe, I wanted to finish my work so I can spend more time with you for the next few days. I wasn't doing it because I was being inflexible", Chris said, lacing his fingers with hers. "I know but I was tired and I want to be in my bed, I miss my parents too, but you refused to understand", Holly said, almost whining. "I'm here now right? We'll say here as long as you want. I'm sorry", Chris said, grabbing her waist and pulling it towards him. "Ok. We can go to yours tomorrow ok?", Holly said, resting her head on his chest. "Ok", Chris said and kissed her.