Chapter 31 - Comic Con

The crowd cheered as Chris came on stage when his name was called out. He sat down on his designated chair next to Mark. Holly smiled as she watched it on a TV back stage. The next name called out was Jeremy and he jogged out on stage and sat next to Chris. The host of the panel gave the crown a little while to quiet down, greeted them and opened the floor to questions from the audience. The half hour panel was filled with questions, some funny, some serious but all of them were being answered by the three guys wonderfully. There were moments where audience members screamed out 'I love you' to all three of them, complementing them on how they loved the movie or how sexy they looked. Holly could feel the magnitude of what Chris was going through, being adored by millions of people everywhere around the world. Holly couldn't help but feel out of her comfort zone. This was another side of Chris which she had not fully been able to get used to, and she wondered if she ever would. Once Chris came down from the stage he was to go straight to the photo booth to click photos with his fans and interact with them, sign their amazing art work or posters and tshirts and all sort of merchandise. Luckily just when Holly was feeling slightly odd, she saw Mark's wife Sunrise come into the large room. She immediately saw Holly and came towards her, "Hi", she said and hugged Holly, to which Holly replied, "Hi, how are you? How are the kids? Are they in the hotel?", Holly asked, making conversation. "Yeah, Odette is at the hotel but Bella and Keen didn't come, they had school so they're with Mark's sister. How are you? Have you been here long?" she asked, looking around the hall. "Yeah I saw their panel, I didn't want to stay in the Hotel, so decided to come here", she answered. "Yeah, it gets pretty crazy sometimes at these conventions, but it's quite an experience", she said, smiling as she saw Mark posing for photos. "Yeah it's been so overwhelming", Holly answered. "Are you guys doing anything tonight? We can all do something for dinner", Sunrise asked. "Uh I don't know, I think we're all planning to do dinner tomorrow night, Tom's planning something", Holly said, unsure. "Oh really, yeah that sounds fun.", she said. "Oh I think the photo sessions are over, are you guys going out or back to the hotel?", she said, as they both made their way towards the men. "We're going to the hotel and then plan something", Holly said, as Will come and escorted both the women out through the exit before the crowd followed. "Ok, great seeing you, I'll meet you tomorrow", Sunrise said, being escorted into a different car.

        Holly sat in the car, waiting for Chris who suddenly seemed to get inside. He quickly leaned in and gave a quick kiss to Holly as the car started moving. "So?", he asked, waiting for her feedback. "Wow, you have a lot of people who love you", she said, raising her eyebrows and nodding. "Yeah I know, it feels so strange. I have to pinch myself every time I get done with something like this or a red carpet thing. It's just surreal", Chris said, leaning back in the car. "So, what do you want to do? Sunrise was asking about dinner but I was said that all of us were meeting tomorrow with Tom anyway", Holly said. "Yeah, he's going to text us the details by tonight. His sister is staying with him in London right now so she's going to be there as well tomorrow", he said. "Oh that's nice", Holly replied, smiling. "So tonight, I don't know really, what do you want to do?", he asked, looking at her and shrugging. "I don't know. Do you want to meet Kayla?", she asked, also shrugging. "Yeah sounds fun", he said, nodding. "Ok, let me call her", Holly said and dialed a number on her phone. A few minutes later, Holly hung up the phone and said, "Ok, so we have a couple of options, 1 - We meet with Kayla and Ryan for a late drinks thing tonight or 2 - We call them for dinner tomorrow with everyone else and meet them there.", Holly said, laying out the options. "Uh, let's meet them tonight?", he said, but made it sound like a question. "Ok, so there is this place called Aqua in a building called Shard where they and maybe a couple of other people are going, so I'll text and let her know.", Holly said. "Ok", Chris said. "Ok", Holly replied, already typing on her phone.

        Chris was holding Holly's hand as they dodged a few photographers and entered the elevator to go to the restaurant. "You ok?", he asked, looking at her. "Yeah I'm ok", she said, smiling at him. Holly walked into the noisy bar and made was led by a hostess to the table where Kayla was sitting. Chris pulled his beanie down, and tried not to make eye contact with anyone around till he got to the table behind Holly. "Hi!", Kayla said, jumping up from the table and leaning across to hug her. "Hi", she said and hugged Kayla back, "You know Ryan and this James and Ian, his colleagues, this is Sarah, my friend and guys, this is Holly and Chris, Kayla said, introducing everyone. Holly froze suddenly at the mention of Ian's name and quickly turned to Chris, who looked a little surprised. Ian smoothly turned around, smiled and stood up, "Nice to meet you again", as he held his hand out to shake it. "You too", Holly said, shaking his hand but then quickly letting go and moving across the table to sit next to Kayla and Chris sat next to her on the empty chair. "So, how are you Chris", Ian spoke, turning to him. "Great, how are you?", he replied, with a tiny smile. "Fantastic", he replied. "You guys met at the wedding?", Kayla asked, looking at the three of them. "Yeah, briefly", Chris said, keeping it vague and short. "Oh that's great", Kayla said. "So, what do you guys do?", James asked, looking at Holly and Chris. Kayla, Ryan and Sarah started laughing slightly, causing James to look confused and ask, "What?", looking at all of them. "Nothing", Kayla said as she tried to straighten her face. "I have home decor stores in the States", she said. "And what about you?", James asked Chris, causing them to laugh all over again. "I'm an actor", he said, coolly. "Oh that's interesting, what kind of acting? You look familiar", he said,furrowing his eyebrows. "Uh, films", Chris said, awkwardly. "That's cool, which was your latest film?", he asked, still not being able to place him. "Uh, Thor The Dark World?", he said, feeling embarrassed. "Oh bloody hell, you're that guy! Fuck", he said and turned a dark shade of red as the other laughed on. "It's ok, it happens all the time", he said, trying to sound cool. "Really? Does it?", Kayla asked. "No not really", he said, bursting into laughter himself. "So, what brings you guys to London", Ian asked, not amused by Chris' joke like the rest of them. "Oh we're here for Comic Con, Chris was there talking about his films and the crowd was amazing", Holly said, reaching over and grabbing his hand, smiling at him. "Oh that's amazing", Ryan said, and nodded. "Yeah, it's quite unreal, people are really passionate about these things, it's really a humbling experience", Chris added. "Wait, isn't just a huge group of people who come and ask you questions and take photos with you and ask for your autograph?", Ian asked condescendingly. "Essentially yes but people really value the work put into the films and they respond to it well and that's all I can ask for", he said. "Sounds great, I can only imagine, I have been to one of Ari's concerts just before the wedding and it was phenomenal. They loved her and her music, they appreciate her talent and it was so great to see that", Kayla said.