Chapter 15 - Weareth her drapes

"I miss you baby", Holly read Chris' text on her phone. She smiled and text him back, "Miss you so much x". Chris was waiting to see her that evening when she came back from New York. She was there for the last 2 days and was checking out some of the properties her agent had selected for her new store. She had planned to come straight back to Chris' to meet him. He was going to be leaving for South Africa in 2 days and she wanted to spend time with him before he left. "My flight's in  2 hours and I should be getting in by 9 x", He read on his phone before quickly typing "Okay, see you soon" and keeping his phone away. Liam honked outside twice, signaling Chris to go out and meet him. Liam was back from filming for a few days for a couple of auditions. They had planned to go to pick up a few things Chris needed for his trip to South Africa and catch up. Chris hurried to Liam's car, putting on his sunglasses and a beanie cap, tucking away his ponytail. They greeted each other and Liam drove off towards Santa Monica.

Liam and Chris stopped to grab some food after running his errands with Liam. They sat and spoke about what was going on. "So, how's it going with Aria?", Chris asked, sipping his iced tea. "I don't know man, she hasn't spoken to me in 2 days and I just don't know what to say to her anymore. I feel like every time it hits the 6 month mark, something goes wrong, they just become so much more demanding and the distance diesn't help either, I asked her to come to Paris for a while but she's got her tour going on and then she's going to start recording again so it's just non-stop drama. I love her but I need some space you know?", Liam said. "6 months already? Time's really gone by quick", Chris said, "but you know, you have to think really hard about your priorities, is she important enough for you to keep trying or does it not feel worth it anymore, with Soph I tried a lot, for a long time but I realized it was very one sided, so do you know how she feels?", Chris advised. "Yeah, I know she doesn't want to quit on us, and honestly neither do I, I guess I just have to hold on huh? How's Holly?", Liam asked, not wanting to talk too much about Aria and him. "Holly's good, she's coming back today, but its been like this since the beginning. We barely get time, she's busy, I'm busy, but it's too soon to tell honestly. She's the exact opposite of Sophie though, she really makes an effort to meet my friends, spend time, I know she's moved her schedule around to be with me, it makes me want to put in that effort too. But man, I'm falling for her hard, I mean I'm not quite there yet but this is a familiar path", Chris said and chuckled at Liam's wide eyes. "That's great mate! I'm happy for you guys. I don't know what your plan is but if you don't mind sharing Holly for a few hours, the 4 of us can get dinner before you leave.", Liam said, smiling. "Uh, can we do lunch instead? I've already planned dinners for both nights with Hol" Chris said, blushing. Liam laughed, "Yup, you've already fallen hard dude". Chris laughed and shrugged.

Holly rolled her small suitcase behind her as she walked out of the airport to find a taxi to take her back to Chris'. She was wearing a grey top and a black cardigan with ripped faded jeans and flat shoes. She stood in the queue for the taxis when suddenly she felt a large hand cover her eyes from behind. Before she could open her eyes and register what was going on, she felt familiar lips on hers and a hand on her back pulling her closer. She smiled into the kiss and wrapped her hands around him too. As they parted, she smiled and softly said, "Wow! Oh my god what are you doing here?!!". "Welcome back baby, couldn't wait any longer, so thought I'd come and surprise you. I've got my car, let's go", Chris said, holding her hand and pulling her suitcase away from the taxi queue. Holly was speechless but her face expressed her surprise, joy, warmth and adoration for Chris. "So, how was your flight?", Chris said as they walked toward the parking lot. "It was good, I still can't believe you are here", she said, nodding her head sideways. Chris laughed, and put an arm around her waist as she put hers around him and looked down at her. "I missed you", he said, squeezing her into him. He got to the car and put her suitcase into the trunk as she sat inside. He followed and kissed her again just before he started the engine.