Chapter 8 - Racing and Dancing

Chris went up the elevator to the 16th floor of Holly's building. He walked down the corridor to her door. He took a second to take a breath and then knocked on the door twice. He was picking up Holly for dinner. She was leaving for Europe the next day. He had planned a spectacular evening for her, which he was sure she would love. He was wearing a blue tshirt with black jeans, had his long hair slicked back. He waited nervously till Holly opened the door. She was wearing a deep red strapless top, which was tightly fitted, a grey cardigan over it and dark jeans Her hair was pulled into a ponytail. Chris was speechless, Holly smiled to herself, almost proud to have had this effect on him. "Thank you", she said, interpreting Chris' loss for words. Chris chuckled and said, "Uh, sorry, but you got the point". Holly blushed and said, "Yes, I'm flattered, but where are we going?", She asked, probably for the hundredth time and Chris still refused to tell her. He had only told her to dress comfortable and bring something to keep warm and that she would love it. Chris held out his arm her her to hold and replied, "I'm still not telling, let's go".

Chris pulled up in front of some sort of arena. It was lit up, showing a bit of a go-karting track from the distance. "Ready to have some fun?", Chris said as he got out of the car. "What kind of fun exactly Hemsworth?", she asked. "The most fun you've ever had Bennett", he replied using her last name, just as she did. He grabbed her hand and pulled out his phone with his other hand, "Hey man, I'm here", He said and then hung up. Suddenly, a scrawny guy walked over and said, "Hey Mr. Hemsworth, please follow me", still staring at Chris over his shoulder. Holly walked in looking at the go-karting track around a section with arcade games and connected to what looked like a mini-golf course and just behind was a refreshment area with carnival food stalls and what looked like a bar too. Holly laughed as she scanned the surroundings. "So, where do you want to begin, we have this place till midnight", Chris said, looking at her, still holding her hand. "Mini-Golf?" she said, cocking her eyebrow and smiling at him. "Henry, the lady would like to play some mini golf please", he said looking at the guy who brought them in. "Yes sir" he said, as he went away to bring the equipment. Holly leaned over to Chris, and asked, "Where did you find him?". Chris laughed and said, "At ComicCon in San Diego last year, I was talking to some of the Thor fans and he was one of them, he was saying that he works here to pay for college and I found it quite useful. My brother Luke's daughter Holly had her birthday here and we've been coming here sometimes to have a bit of fun", Chris explained. Henry came back with the golf clubs and balls for them and had also switched on the lights on the course. "Be prepared to lose Hemsworth, I've been playing golf for years", Holly said as she positioned herself for her first swing.

"I didn't realize how hungry I was", Chris said and bit into his burger. "Mmmm, yeah, me too', Holly said and took a bite of her pizza slice. They finished their game of golf and decided to get some food. "I've never seen you eat junk food you know", Holly said, smiling and wiping her lips with a tissue. "Usually I'm training for roles and I don't get to eat junk food, and I love it even more now because I eat it so rarely", Chris said taking another big bite of his burger. "We should go golfing sometime, I desperately need to teach you how it's done, you are exceptionally bad", Holly said, swallowing some more pizza. "Oh, I totally let you win", Chris said. Holly laughed before she took another bite, "Chris, you couldn't beat me if I tied one hand behind my back and was blindfolded!". Chris laughed and said, "Okay, I'll let you teach me how to golf if you let me teach you how to surf". Holly smiled and said, "Deal!". "Ok, I think we should go play some of the games indoors, you know, let the food digest before we get on the track", Chris said, cheekily. "I'm not getting on the track with you! You drove race cars for a movie, in which you were fantastic by the way but you are clearly too good at that, Nope, not racing with you", Holly declared. Chris laughed, "Thank you but I drove a Formula 3 car at really slow speeds, its not exactly the same as go-karting". "Whatever, it was still racing a car so you have an advantage there.", Holly said as they made their way inside to play some arcade games. Chris went to the juke box, and selected a song and returned back to Holly.