Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Coming out of the Heathrow and looking for my cab once all my formalities were done, I began feeling a little awkward. It feels so different from what I usually feel in Delhi. I would be lying if I say that I wasn't anxious. Fidgeting with the straps of my backpack, all I see were unfamiliar faces everywhere.

It's a weird feeling and I don't know exactly how to comprehend it. I was excited, nervous and deep down a little scared. It feels like I have landed on a different planet where I could not find anyone similar to me. Before coming here, I did a lot of research on everything. From London to its people, to its food, to its culture, every single thing. Needless to say, I came across various opinions and some really scared the crap out of me. It is believed by the majority of the people that Londoners aren't very friendly and are often rude. This made me hesitant in even asking for help from the people around. Maybe all the hypothesis are just some people's bad experience and I should try my luck but again I am too reluctant to be embarrassed on the first hour itself

I sighed and exhaled some warm air in my fist to feel some warmth and adjusted my glasses on my nose. It's insanely cold out here, something I hadn't experienced in Delhi ever in the month of April. I really need to buy myself some clothes apt for the weather of this city or I might end up frozen. Thankfully, my cab which was sent by the dorms was already there waiting for my arrival. The driver who must be in his late twenties was holding up a card for me and I spotted him, he gladly helped me with my luggage.

Perhaps, Google isn't always right.

We head towards my destination and that was my dormitory. London's beauty was mesmerizing me and I couldn't help myself from taking a few pictures.

"Are you here for the first time?" The driver asked politely.

"Yes." I replied shortly with a smile.

"Where are you from?"

"India."

"Oh that's a nice place." He told me and I smiled.

"It indeed is."

I looked at the streets and huge building all over the city from my window. It was an hour's drive to my dorms from the airport. My cab driver was a very polite old man and helped me with my luggage. He dropped me in front of the building where I have to live now. I looked up nervously rubbing my hands and read.

The Green-Wood Plaza

I took a deep breath and headed in. My glasses instantly fogged and I took them off. As I rolled my luggage in, which was 2 heavy suitcases, 1 duffle and 1 backpack,I saw a girl, probably of my age sitting behind the reception desk. As I got closer to her, she looked up at me with smiled politely.

"Hello...I am Eveleigh. You must be Ms A-roar-a?" She asked me politely and I gave her a smile at the wrong pronunciation of my name.

"That's right." I told her.

"Kaiy...Sorry." She apologized unable to take my name.

"Kavya Arora."

"Miss Ariora, can I please see your confirmation mail?" She asked pronouncing my name weirdly but I simply nodded. I took a few papers from my backpack and from those I gave her my confirmation mail for the successful booking of my room. She looked over the paper and typed something on her desktop. She smiled and looked up at me, handing me my papers back. She was going through something on her desktop and I was nervously tapping my foot.

"Thank you. I see you have booked room no 502 for yourself." She said looking at her screen.

"Yes..."