Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

It's been a week and I could say I am getting better except for some bad sneezes and running noses as soon as the cold winds hit my nose. I am slowly acclimatizing to London's June, which is as cold as our November. Although I look completely different in the crowd wearing all my warm clothes, I choose to ignore the weird looks I have been receiving as I have to protect myself from the cold and that's an important task in itself.

I thought not just my health but everything is getting better. People wouldn't stare at me as if I am from a different planet not from a different country, they would at least pass a small smile when looking at me and these small growths are all that matters. Until today, when once again things went downhill.

In Statistic Class, we were given our very first assignments and turned out Ashton was chosen as my partner by Mr. William because once again, as usual, he was late and was forced to sit next to with me. Tyler and Noah were partners and it was good for them as we all know they bond well but Ashton and I? He doesn't even like me. He gave me a vehement dirty look as soon as his name was announced with mine for the project that made me feel it was my fault for sitting next to him.

And from that very moment, I realized I am not going to get any help from this creation of God who hates me from his core.

BUT

I can try and I convince him to at least give me little help with it. I wish it would be Mr Brooke's subject rather than Mr William. I could have at least requested him to change my partner as he would understand. But I need some courage as well and determination to convince Ashton along with some thick skin to bear his insults.

Mentally ready with my script to ask him, I was waiting for the class to end but like everyday Ashton got up and swung his bag lazily, ready to leave the class.

"Ashton..." I called for him and he looked behind at me with an incredulous look. His look made me so nervous that I started fidgeting with the strap of my bag.

"Can we talk?"

"I have better things to do listening to your tosh dork."

"I want to discuss something important."His bluntness although made my confidence flicker but my 'never give up' attitude remained unfazed.

"Do you want some breath mints?" He asked and my eyes grew wide.

Does my breathe.....

No...!

My mind screamed and unconsciously I took a step back so that he couldn't smell it.

"Umm..." I stuttered.

"Look I am very busy and you are extremely ugly. So let's just end it here before it makes me upchuck my breakfast." And with a suave laugh, he walked past me and I stood there gawking at this situation wondering what the hell just happened. I just bought my palm in front of me and blew on it. It didn't have any foul smell, but why did he say that.

Maybe I can't smell my own breath.

"So you and Ashton...hmm...even the Universe wants the two to get along," Noah commented bumping his shoulder on mine and laughed as he came to me along with Tyler and I instantly bought my hand down. I took some steps away to create some distance so they could smell my breath.

"Even the Universe can't do anything until Ashton is willing to be civilized. What's wrong with him? I was politely asking him to have a conversation." My frustration took over my sentence.

"He had a rough night." Tyler told me and I huffed as we walked out to the cafeteria.

"So can he least try not to spoil someone else's day."