Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

I was walking in the corridor with my head down, looking at the patterned tiles. The worst things about colleges are breaks, breaks without friends. I have just four classes of 90 minutes on my first day. But after my second class, I had two breaks as they weren't my subjects. So, I had to go and find some place for myself to sit and kill the time. It would have been a little better if I had found a company and I had a lot of hope from the person who would sit next to me but all my hopes came crumbling down when that idiot sat or should I say slept next to me. Now, without any friends, I have to pass almost 180 minutes, and they seemed as to be as the longest 180 minutes of my life.

My first thought was to go to the library as it the best place to be when you don't have any idea about what you should do with your time. Just simply grab a book, find a corner and read and the time flies but since I hadn't got my library card done yet, I couldn't even go there. So the last option left for me was to go and sit in the cafeteria, the place where I hate being alone. Once I reached the cafeteria, I saw that it was fairly occupied with students. The tables were full and I tried to look for a familiar face but I couldn't so I try to find a one in the corner and luckily I found a one. I gingerly made my way to the table and keeping my backpack on one of the chair, I sat on the other. I looked around to see a few people looking at me, so I gave them a smile, some returned it back, and some didn't which made me feel a little bad. It felt as if they didn't accept me, yet.

I was feeling as I don't belong here which I know I shouldn't be feeling because I have to live here for a year now. Since nothing happened in the first class, so I had nothing to do, so I took out my phone and looked for an offline novel I had downloaded on my phone. I plugged in my headphone and started reading my novel to escape the gazes of everyone from me. I was so zoned out reading my novel that I didn't realize someone was sitting in front of me until she snatched my phone making me groan in annoyance and scared for a moment.

"What's wrong-..." I stopped as soon as I saw Emily sitting right in front of me a huge grin and I took my headphones out.

"Hi.." I said awkwardly.

"You here sitting here in the corner while I was looking for you the entire time." She complained.

"Looking for me?" I questioned her with a frown. Why was she looking for me?

"Yes. I came to the cafeteria and find you sitting here with this." She said showing me my phone.

"Oh...yes...I was reading." I said.

"I can't think of reading anything after my classes, especially now when I had two back to back." She said and I frowned.

"Is the break over?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"Of course...It's the third one. Didn't you hear the bell?" She asked and I shook my head. At least my novel helped me pass my first 90 minutes.

"Come with me, let me introduce you to my friends." She got up.

"Umm...where?" I looked behind.

"They are on that table." She said pointing towards the table behind me, I looked in that direction, and everyone on that table was busy in themselves, which made me a little nervous.

"Come let's join them." She said making me stand and I grabbed my bag.

"Uh...sure...why not." I smiled nervously and walked towards them behind her and within in few seconds I was standing in front of 5 people.

"Hey guys...she is the one I had been talking about." She chimed and everyone looked at me.

"So she is that Indian Chick Ash sat with." One of them with brown hair said and I looked at him. I was a little offended by his choice of words.