Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Finally, Monday arrived and a strong urge to skip my University today tried to win my mind but being a 100% attendance student is sometimes a bit annoying. The guilt of not attending the University when I was perfectly fine will eat me the entire day and wouldn't let me focus on anything. Moreover, I can't keep hiding forever. I need to woman up a little, attend the University, and deal with my problems.

Like every other day, I reached early and made my way to my first class but I was surprised to Emily standing on the door engrossed in her phone which made me halt in my tracks. I decided to change my direction and come back later once she was gone, but as soon as I turned onto my heels, I heard a weird pronunciation of my name again and halted in my tracks.

"Kavivya."

I squared my shoulders to face Emily. Concern was plastered all over her face as she came rushing to me and held me from the arms exactly on the same place I was bruised which made me wince a bit.

"Are you okay? Why weren't you answering my calls? I was so worried."

"I am fine." I said quickly to dodge her away while removing her hands from my arms. I started walking back towards the class but her words made me stop again.

"Kavivya are you ignoring me?" She stood right in front of me and sighed.

"Yes. I am."

"But what was my fault? Ashton was a little angry and..."

"Don't even take his name and try to justify his actions in front of me Emily, when you and I both know it was his fault." I really didn't realize when my anger consumed me and my tone started getting louder.

"I am not justifying...listen....okay...I am sorry on his behalf."

"Wow, you guys even say sorry on each other's behalf. Great! " I said throwing my hand up in exasperation.

"Kavivya." She said in a pleading tone.

"No Emily. Out of all the people, I trusted you in this city where I don't have anyone and when I needed you the most, you were standing with that person."

"I did come to check on you but you were gone."

"Because I didn't want to be more humiliated than I already was. And last time I checked you were busy checking your friend's face so I didn't felt the need of staying there anymore." I said and she remained quiet.

"I am getting late for class." I lied and started walking ahead.

"Are we still friends?" I heard her soft pleading voice that made me guilty. Although it wasn't her fault entirely I am too blinded in my rage to see this.

"I don't know." I replied and walked into the class.

I genuinely feel bad for her. She had been trying to be my friend but she should have been on my side when all this was happening but nonetheless, she was Ashton's friend and I don't want anything in my life related to him including friends.

The class ended quickly trying to hide myself from that group. Ashton was in this class but he wasn't present today and Jessica was sitting with Emily whom I choose to ignore. After the class, I went to the library as I had a free class and honestly I have figured out that this is the best place for hiding. No one was here and I can't be more thankful.

But, my days aren't going very well and the moment I stepped out, I spotted Noah and Tyler. They were busy talking to each other more like Tyler was explaining something to Noah and with my head down, I tried to walk past them but what surprised me when Tyler called my name which made me froze on my spot and I won't lie I was little scared.