Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I couldn't sleep after whatever happened because simply I couldn't fathom the fact, how it happened and moreover, how could I let it happen so easily.

He came, he kissed and then he left.

My mind was still in a haze and my lips were still tingling from that kiss. He somehow managed to hypnotize me with that one kiss and God only knows how? I don't know how he managed that but he had that kind of strange effect on me.

It has been a couple of hours since he left and I was rummaging in my room thinking what had just happened or should I say what had happened to me. I was never like this, never a one who could be lured into something so easily. I sighed and pulled my hair in frustration.

Why all this has to happen to me?

Why am I the only one caught up in such a situation?

Why Ashton has to develop all this kind of feelings and his so-called intrigued-ness towards me?

I don't like attention especially this kind of attention.

And this drama is going to create havoc in my life.

I had never been in a relationship before as I way too busy reaching towards my goal. I always thought it would be a distraction and I still believe so but this situation with Ashton has messed up everything in a wrong way. I have still not reached my goals and I don't know where all this is going to take me.

I plopped down on my bed with everything but yet nothing swirling in my mind. I need to clarify my feelings with Ashton. I don't want to lead him to something which is never going to happen. Well at least at this point in my life. My career is my priority, all this can wait for a few more months.

The night ended and the Sun greeted me morning but I was still thinking about last night. Maybe I am overthinking and Ashton wouldn't even remember a thing. Afterall he was drunk.

It's pretty common to have sex one night and forget another night here and I hope Ashton was one amongst those people, who kissed one night and forget what happened as I have read in some of my crappy romance books. Probably all this wouldn't have even mattered for him and here I am making such a big deal out of it.

Chances are pretty high for this but it is also believed that you say the truth when you are drunk and I hope, this wasn't our case.

I wasn't in the mood to go Delhi Swaad but then again it would make me forget all these hassles of my life. I went there and worked. Eveleigh sensed something was off with me and tried to ask me but I told her I am fine. Aman Uncle let me home early seeing I was very gloomy. Eveleigh though warned me that we'll talk about this later but I will only talk about it until it's sorted.

I was in my room contemplating the thought of texting Emily. She knows everything about Ashton in fact what's going in his thick head but I wondered what I am going to say. Leaving the situation to be dealt for tomorrow, I went to my bed but the entire night I kept thinking what if Ashton decided to come tonight as well.

I woke up very early as I could barely sleep. I was preparing mental noted of what I have to say and I was just waiting for the right time to come. I got ready and reached the University early skipping my breakfast.

I was expecting him to show up in the first class but he didn't. Taylor and Noah when entered, I hoped Ashton would be tailing behind them but he wasn't and once again my hopes died. Both the boys gave me a small smile and said 'hi' and sat behind me.

"Ashton didn't came." Noah said in my ear from behind and I froze.

"Why are you telling me?" I tried to sound cool.