Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

One good trait.

I thought one good trait in Ashton was his punctuality but he has to prove me so horribly wrong every time that it makes me sick now.

He told me he will be coming to pick me up from my work at 9 but he didn't. It was almost 10.30 and I was still sitting in Delhi Swaad idiotically waiting for him. To anyone thinking I would have left on my own earlier, but then I had my own reasons for staying back as well. I helped Aman Uncle with the accounts and even helped cleaning. I love to help them because they have become my family here and I don't like to see them stressed and worried. Eveleigh left earlier as she was very deadly tired.

Fair enough. She is working in the dorms and Delhi Swaad and by the end of the day, she gets so tired that you can see it on her face. Sometimes I get worried about her, but she says she can manage.

Her working here has reduced my workload and the good thing was she was a fast learner. She learned pretty quickly which impressed both Aman Uncle and Karan. And the best part of everything was Karan making us his infamous lassi and along with the drink, we all three sit and talk for a while. Eveleigh found new love in Indian food and l couldn't be happier.

Sometimes I think I am acting too Indian but then I am Indian and all these little compliments related to my country makes me think as if they are complimenting me.

"Kavya? Are you done?" Karan asked while I was with Uncle finishing the work.

"5 more minutes."

"But your shift ended way long back. Come let me drop you to your dorms." He said with a frown.

"I am..."

"He is right. You should go now, you have your college tomorrow." Aman Uncle said and I gave up.

"And this is for you." He said while taking something out from his desk's drawer. He then handed me an envelope and I frowned in confusion.

"What is this?"

"A small gift." His answer made me frown more and I looked up at Karan who just shrugged with a smile knowingly. I opened the envelope and was shocked to see 150 pounds in them.

"Wh-what is this?" I stuttered.

"A gift."

"But you already gave me my salary?"

"I know but you work really hard and this a small gift from us."

"But Uncle."

"No beta...you really work hard I know it's very hard to survive in the city like this."

"I have money Uncle, trust me."

"I never said you don't have but I also know you need a little more. And I also know you will never ask me."

"Keep it Kavya....you need to get a new phone as well besides it's just to give you little stability here." Karan suggested.

"Yes...when I came here from India there was no one to help me but you have me." Uncle said making me really emotional.

"And I have said it a thousand times and I will say it again. Whenever you need any help just tell us." He added and merely nodding, I hugged him..

"Thanks Uncle."

"You should be thanking your Aunt for this."

"Yes, it was her idea." Karan added as I broke the hug.

"She really wants to meet you. You need to take some time out of your schedule and visit home." Uncle told me.

"I will. I have few projects in the college, once I get over them, I'll definitely come." He nodded in understanding.