Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

And an almost, the entire week is about to end and I hadn't returned those £41 to Ashton. To be honest, I never tried approaching him after that day. I have drawn the conclusion that he was one of the most arrogant, cocky, narcissistic and inconsiderate human being on the planet earth and I like to maintain my distance from such people. Whatever Emily told me about him doesn't sound legit to me at all. Being the only, over-pampered child of his family might have spoilt him but this doesn't give him the reason to be rude to anyone.

That money still sits in my bag and I am just waiting when Emily talk to Ashton. It's Friday and I have already returned to my dorms. Like my usual routine, I had my dinner and I had talked to my parents and even though I have told them how nice it felt working with Karan and Amandeep Uncle in Delhi Swaad, they still insist me on finding a new job.

I yawned staring at my books right in front of me.

Finally, the feeling of doing masters has started sinking me as the study load is increasing tremendously with every passing day. Every new day we are getting assignments over assignments and it's getting really difficult to keep up to it. My thoughts about exploring London were almost going into drains with every passing day. I was sitting in my room, struggling with my assignments when most of the people are out and partying the Friday night. It's 8 in the night and I am working on my assignment when my phone buzzed with Emily's text.

Where are you?

Where I would be? In my dorms but why was she asking me that? I thought to myself but then quickly hitting the reply tab, I started typing.

Dorms. But why?

Not even seconds later, my phone buzzed again in my hand.

Come to Float Nightclub. We are waiting for you.

Nightclub? I had never been to a nightclub in India and sure as hell, I am not going to a one in London as well. I don't want to deal with crazy drunkards when I can easily finish all my assignments.

Sorry, I am working on my assignments. I can't.

Now, this time exactly 2 seconds later Emily's call came.

"What the hell Kavivya. Who studies on Friday night?" She shouted on the phone. I could hear the faint thumping of the music in the background which I chose to snub.

"Apparently I." I tried to joke.

"10 minutes. I am giving you 10 minutes to bring your boring tiny ass here." She demanded. She really can be very bossy at times.

"But I don't want to. I have lots of homework pending." I lied. I just have last 6 questions left.

"It's my birthday idiot and I am throwing a party. I want you to be here that means I want you to be here right now." She said and I was shocked. The entire day I was with her at the University and she didn't tell me it's her birthday.

"But you...why didn't you told me it's your birthday?

"I don't want to hear anything Kavivya. Come here...pleaseeeee" She dragged the word and I could imagine her pouting on the other side.

"Well, I don't even know where this place is. We can catch up...maybe some other day."

"No not on some other day. Just send me your pin location and I coming to pick you up." She said and I started panicking. I don't want to go to any nightclub.

"No...No...Why are you troubling yourself Emily. It's your party. We can..."

"You are coming Kavivya. Just send me where you live." She said and hang up the phone before I could complain.