Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Sometimes the choices we make are not the best and we simply make them to mark ourself as one of the active socialites in the world. I too agreed for this dinner tonight with Emily and her friends for the same reason. Although I really don't care about what people think especially when it comes to my career and studies, there is one human being on this earth to whom I appear as a loser who doesn't have a life. I don't know why suddenly I have started caring about his opinions to an extent that now it bothers me, so I decided to change it.

We came to a restaurant which was not too far from my dorms. It was a nice and comfortable place and from the conversation in the car, I figured out that everyone wasn't very pleased with the decision of going there. But I wondered, why we were still going there?

When we reached, Noah already had the reservations done for us and when the waitress led us to our table I was simply praying I didn't get to sit next to Ashton. My prayers were answered but partially.

God is still not on my side.

Jessica sat with Noah and Emily with Tyler. Since it was a round booth, I was stuck in the middle of the girls whereas Ashton in the boys which made us sit right across each other. I was already uncomfortable enough and this sitting arrangement was making it worse and as a reflex, I started bouncing my right leg again. Ashton looked at me, glaring, but I kept my gazes down and stared at my plate. After some time, I think Ashton chose to ignore me as he didn't comment on me even once. Eventually, I was getting comfortable with the place and more specifically with Ashton.

It would be a lie if I would say I didn't have a great time. It was good but what was worrying me the most was the time. It was 10.20 and nowhere in my sane my mind I wanted to go out alone but at the same time I didn't want to bother anyone as they had their own 'plans' and I didn't want to ruin them.

A strong reason why I hate relying on others.

"Are you really mad? You came with us and you are going with us." Emily declared.

"I am fine...it would be like...15 minutes walk from here."

"If you can walk at vampiric speed then it could be 15." Emily told me.

"20...not more than that." I argued.

"The car runs 55km per hour and I am pretty sure you are clumsy enough to even walk at the speed of 10."

"Pardon me I never wanted to participate in Olympic."

"Seriously Kavya..it's not a problem."

"No guys...you have a movie to watch. So just head over there."

"I'll drop her." His voice boomed and my eyes came out of the socket with a solid combination of fear and surprised.

"Really?"Emily asked him and he nodded and then she looked at me.

"Everything is sorted then."

"But you don't look comfortable with it." Tyler said and I looked at him with a gaping mouth.

"Umm...it's not about comfort...but I can assure you I can manage on my own. I don't want to bother anyone." I said and the looked at Ashton.

"Fine..." Ashton shrugged simply.

"Ashton..."

"Why are you being her mother Em. She said she can manage then she can manage. Stop spoonfeeding her everytime." Ashton said as if I wasn't even their and it irked me a little as I don't like being talked about.