Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

I hate everyone and everything here and now I even regret every decision I have made in my life especially coming here to London leaving all my family and support system behind. I regret befriending with Emily and Jessica too, even though a part of me knows it wasn't their fault but I was too angry to reckon that thought. I don't know what was I thinking when I put forward the idea of studying masters from London in front of my parents but certainly, I wasn't expecting this. This city is excessively different than I imagined it to be.

The long night came to an end and finally, the Sun has risen up. I still lay on my stomach on my dorm's bed and wiped my tears as the memories of that kiss or should I say that assault flooded my mind. Everything was going fine. I had actually started liking the place but no Ashton has to ruin everything for me. He has to do something or the other that ends up making me feel humiliated everywhere.

I didn't want to leave my bed as a sleepless night had started taking its toll on my body. I shuffled on the bed but I was tired of lying down from so long into my last night's clothes that I decided it's time to get up. Wiping my tears, I got up and my eyes landed on my broken phone. It looks worse than I thought it would be. Gingerly, I picked it up from the floor where I must have thrown it last night and went up to my charger as it's battery was either dead or my phone has been damaged real bad.

But as soon as the charger was plugged it, it lit up and I relaxed. Once it was charged enough to boot it, I unlocked its screen but that made me wince in pain as some pieces of glass pierced my thumb. I checked my phone and my bill of repair extended as some places on the screen weren't working which meant more money for repair.

Deciding to get it repaired later, I saw the missed calls and messages from both Emily and Jessica, which I chose to delete without even reading them as I know what was written in them. Then I saw Navya's message about which I had completely forgotten and once again, as I recalled her text, I went into a state of panic. I quickly opened her new message and read it.

Hi di. Everything is fine. Don't worry. I just couldn't sleep so thought of talking to you. I miss you :(

Once again tears filled in my eyes. I miss her too. I had never thought in my life that my life would be so empty without Navya. Her constant endless talking and bickering over nothing were like salt of my life and in a situation like this where I was already feeling low, this added fuel to the fire.

I fell asleep. I miss you too baby and you see I will be back in no time...<3

I send her my reply. It's 10.30 a.m here which meant it's around 4 p.m in India. She must be free or would be enjoying her holidays with her friends.

Navya is a complete opposite of mine. Where I like to stay at home and keep it up to myself she likes to stay out of the house more. I have few but precious friends Navya as an army of friends. I am more on the introvert side and I take my time before mingling with someone whereas Navya is an extrovert.

But after whatever happened last night, I think I have lost the only 2 friends I made here and I don't think I will be able to make any new friends here.

I huffed and got up from the bed all the way to my washroom. I feel tired after crying constantly for the whole night. When I reached the washroom and looked myself in the mirror, I gasped. With a birds nest on my head and my seared kohl and mascara all over my face, I look like a wrecked, homeless girl. Not wanting to see myself like that, I quickly stripped out of my clothes and took a long shower. My lips still burn a little, as the water hit them and the places from where he held me aches as nasty bruises are forming everywhere.